LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See that's not easy to find at night. That's what I was saying earlier, he either was familiar with the area, scouted it out in the daytime or just happened upon it. More likely one of the first two choices.

Possibly familiar. But, what if he just knew of the exit and knew it was desolate. But not from the Acadiana area. He gets off there, but doesn't know exactly where to dump the bike. Will put it in the river if he can get close enough to the water. He feels exposed parking right there by the bridge. Never know if someone will drive by. The state patrol might periodically check it during the night. So, feeling exposed he drives a bit up the state highway and comes across a driveway. It IS the first driveway you pass. Its dark, no lights. No one home. Drives up to bank and heaves the bike into the water. The hauls *advertiser censored* back to I-10. It could have just been fortuitous.

Or more than one perp.

For there to be only one, he'd have a lot to deal with. Seems like his first and only priority would be securing MS. Why worry about the bike?

i think she was tazered that's why there's no trace or screams. how do you get a tazer? anyone can buy them? it's not like a permit thing like a gun?

Yes, tazers are easily bought and if you're the recipient of a tazing, I think you'd find you'd be screaming, if the youtube videos are anything to go by.

For the thoery of drunk driver and why mess with the bike? If it was a truck, the body would be the hardest thing to load, dead weight, the bike would of been the fastest of everything to thrown in the back of a bed, if I was covering that BS up, why not take the bike also?

Because if you are drunk enough to hit someone, then want to run, you don't pick up the body and the bike. You just don't. You get the hell out of there as fast as you can. Every second you're there leaves open the chance a witness comes by and stops.

So did we clear up the issue about the WT on st Landry being the same truck? Is it? Or isn't it?

ACI

I had no idea that only bikes could cross at Brashear to Johnston. Seems like a cool path an avid bike rider would take.

It is awkward to get across. You have to get on a sidewalk before the intersection, then kinda weave across to the other side. Or just jump over the curb. There is not a specific bike lane through it.

This Google Map screenshot will give you a little idea of where the bike was found. Not that great of a shot due to the sun glare and the little Google man won't go all the way down the short gravel road but better than nothing I suppose. You can barely see the water in the background.

2r7lp2c.jpg

Yes, tazers are easily bought and if you're the recipient of a tazing, I think you'd find you'd be screaming, if the youtube videos are anything to go by.

but can't you put them strong enough so that they literally knock you out for a second?

Possibly familiar. But, what if he just knew of the exit and knew it was desolate. But not from the Acadiana area. He gets off there, but doesn't know exactly where to dump the bike. Will put it in the river if he can get close enough to the water. He feels exposed parking right there by the bridge. Never know if someone will drive by. The state patrol might periodically check it during the night. So, feeling exposed he drives a bit up the state highway and comes across a driveway. It IS the first driveway you pass. Its dark, no lights. No one home. Drives up to bank and heaves the bike into the water. The hauls *advertiser censored* back to I-10. It could have just been fortuitous.

Bingo, this is what I was thinking 100%, familar with area as in just knowing about it, but not knowing the area like a fisherman, hunter etc that uses that area all the time.

Yes, a definite possibility that there were two perps involved, one playing the bad guy and one the good guy who rescued her? Yikes! just got an image in my head of a bad cop being involved in this. Hope I'm wrong.

I have been saying the latter of what you wrote, or someone similar, for some time...

Because if you are drunk enough to hit someone, then want to run, you don't pick up the body and the bike. You just don't. You get the hell out of there as fast as you can. Every second you're there leaves open the chance a witness comes by and stops.

For me and you and any other rational adult yes, but for someone not right, you never know.

That was my option 3... just finding it by happenstance.

But why so concerned about the bike being found? How could having the bike found lead back to the perp? Why was the perp so concerned about taking it with him then getting rid of it?

Was it fingerprints initially? Did he think to put the bike in the truck b/c he knew he had touched it and wanted to later clean it?

What advantage would he have to take the bike?

Does he live nearby? Would leaving the bike there lead the searchers near him? Why was important for the perp to hide the place/point of abduction?

Re: BunnyHop's pessimism that Chicken will help find MS.

I agree with you. He is one man and probably everything he knows LE knows as well. But it's in our DNA to think that one man can make a difference and I've enjoyed his enthusiasm. I hope he finds something that makes a difference and it's been fun watching him try.

I agree as well, he has worked tirelessly on things I cannot do because of distance. I am grateful for his dedication, and ACI's as well.

LA

This Google Map screenshot will give you a little idea of where the bike was found. Not that great of a shot due to the sun glare and the little Google man won't go all the way down the short gravel road but better than nothing I suppose. You can barely see the water in the background.

2r7lp2c.jpg

According to the above, this is not correct. This is looking under the I-10 overpass. The bike was found about 100 yards upstream from this bridge.

We got separated from the group yesterday and the heat was rough, I definitely had a few seconds where I wasn't sure where I was or why - we had quite a few (much) older searchers with our group and I was very concerned for a couple of them. They all agreed that had they known what they were getting into they would have volunteered their time/energy in some other way because they couldnt do much to help - brush too thick, machetes too heavy, heat thorns and bugs all after you...and lets not get started on the snakes and poison ivy. I think they thought they would be looking on road sides, up and down city streets, etc. BUT - help is help - searching somewhere in some capacity is better than not searching at all. Everyone stays SO positive out there.

It's awesome to see people from all walks of life joining in the cause. There is this woman, I don't know, she must be 80ish...there every day.

That was my option 3... just finding it by happenstance.

But why so concerned about the bike being found? How could having the bike found lead back to the perp? Why was the perp so concerned about taking it with him then getting rid of it?

Was it fingerprints initially? Did he think to put the bike in the truck b/c he knew he had touched it and wanted to later clean it?

What advantage would he have to take the bike?

Does he live nearby? Would leaving the bike there lead the searchers near him? Why was important for the perp to hide the place/point of abduction?

It depends on what theory we are talking? None of the thoerys make scense to take the bike correct??? The only only one that does to me if it was a accident, to cover my butt.... If this was serial i would think he would leave it where it happend, as a finger in the air to the cops basically. If it was abduction, tazer as some pointed out, I am sure they cold recover her without touching the bike. But imo, if it was accident, which they intedned at first to help her, take her to hospital etc, why not take the bike with you and her stuff???? Then on the way change your mind, she passes away etc, then everything changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie