LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay...what if you aren't drunk....and you are looking for a place to commit a violent sex crime or hide or dispose of a body of your victim...is that better? What if you live on or have a camp or have a hunting lease or just know of one ON that road? If there were cops down THAT road the bike would not have been there!

There is a Ranger Station down that road, that is staffed year around.

Let's just for the heck of it say she did take Brashear, hopped that little curb and got on Johnston, there are no cameras anywhere along that route presumably, where could he have met up with her on Johnston, how far down?

I think A.C.I. said there were no cameras down Brashear. It is all residential. When you come out of Brashear to Johnston, you will be facing the ULL campus. If she went right, there is about 800 feet of campus property she would pass. Two large buildings and at least one large parking lot. There could be cameras around there. Problem is the street is lined with large live oaks trees. The cameras might be blocked from seeing the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street.

There's really no reason to take the bike if it was an accident and certainly no reason to take the body. If there was so little damage to the bike, there would be no damage to the perp's vehicle. Bringing the body and bike with him would increase the chance of implicating him in the hit and run.

I've given two reasons why if, this was an abduction, was it necessary to take the bike.
1. The perp's fingerprints were on it.
2. B/c the perp didn't want LE to know the exact location of the abduction.

If no. 2 is correct, then the perp could live in that neighborhood.

What if they already had 2 DUI?

Did your friend's bike have only the small damage as MS's bike?

For this to be an accident, MS would have had to have been hit only slightly so as to not severely damage the bike, then hit the ground at the right angle so as to not result in any blood loss and incapacitate her.

And even if this were the case, a drunk hitting her would have gotten the hell out of there to avoid any witnesses rather than stop, pick her up, put her in his truck, put the bike in the truck.

Very unlikely.

Good point - the bike 'could' sustain minimal damage, there 'could' be minimal blood loss - but its all unlikely together to equal a drunk driver/panicked/abduction scenario. My friend looked like he had scraped the pavement with his hand, otherwise looked like he was asleep without a thing wrong. The bike on the other hand - the back tire was completely crumpled - i remember that very clearly how crushed the back rim was - front wasn't bad, handle bars fine. It wasn't high speed - he was at a standstill, the vehicle going somewhere in the 30-35 mph range, it was a neighborhood.

If he or they hit her with a vehicle, the answer is obvious. If not, a poster WAY back in this thread pointed out that the bike being taken gave the perp additional time. Meaning, nobody would stumble upon a bike w/o a rider and raise an alarm.

BTW, I just read where Shellee Hale (yes, the psychic but she DOES work with LE) stated that some info about the bike has not been released to the public. This was not psychic stuff but from her LE contacts. They're holding back to allow that only the perp knows certain info.

Fingerprints? If she was abducted, there's a good chance the perp left his prints on the bike, which would be another reason to take it. And he dumped it thinking it would never be found.

Also, as to her route, her friends were going to Mel's after the concert. She was hungry and wanted to eat quicker. That's why the went to Taco Bell. It's possible once she got on her bike she decided to stop by Mel's to say hi to her friends and maybe catch a ride. The Brashear route would be a likely route.

Or, what if the white truck had been following her for a few blocks and she pulled off St. Landry to let the truck go by... but he turned.

Again, do we know for certain she and the white truck were not on the surveillance camera past Brashear?

A few threads back someone said near Gattitown.
Megsy said near Cullen's Playland, which is just down/across the street.

Btw that's according to a DUI checkpoint website.

What if they already had 2 DUI?

You leave. Very quickly.

No blood on the street + no major damage to the bike + neighborhood with little traffice + MS missing + bike missing means very little chance of this being an accidental DUI related.

Okay, first time posting, and several pages back in the thread, so possibly off topic now. Regarding the landfill questions, here is a link with the DEQ listing permitted Type 1 (Industrial solid waste) and Type 2 (Residential) landfills in Louisiana.
http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/tabid/1914/Default.aspx
I work for a contractor and use the DEQ website on a regular basis checking for the status on permits for projects we are tracking - I am not sure if this list would catch ALL landfills though, as I haven't been all of the way through it - I know that there are construction debris landfills as well as some others that company's have for their own use (for any type of non hazardous debris associated with whatever they do).

:wagon:

Don't be sorry. It happens to us all.

True story: until I followed Lauren Spierer's case, I thought that Anthropologie was a store for exclusively "tribal" -looking things. :what:
I'll still pray anyway, anthro or no...

Chicken created the following showing the location of bike:

attachment.php

Hey just dropping back in, and saw you're discussing the bike.

It's IMPORTANT TO NOTE that that I made that map BEFORE the reporter clarified it. I pressed her with a follow-up e-mail, quoted above and she insisted it was found directly under the bridge.

Now I am wondering - has any new into come out that the bike was 100 yds. north? Or is this based upon my old map? I need to redo the map unless someone else has come forward with the 100-yd. claim.

I got my info from a reporter who was there. But she may have been wrong.... as I understand it, she di NOT see the bike personally. It's very possible she gave the wrong description, even though she was there.....

LINK please, for the new info?

You leave. Very quickly.

No blood on the street + no major damage to the bike + neighborhood with little traffice + MS missing + bike missing means very little chance of this being an accidental DUI related.

You've definitely given me something to think about. My gut all along has been that this was a horrible accident. But now I'm questioning ...

Hey just dropping back in, and saw you're discussing the bike.

It's IMPORTANT TO NOTE that that I made that map BEFORE the reporter clarified it. I pressed her with a follow-up e-mail, quoted above and she insisted it was found directly under the bridge.

Now I am wondering - has any new into come out that the bike was 100 yds. north? Or is this based upon my old map? I need to redo the map unless someone else has come forward with the 100-yd. claim.

I got my info from a reporter who was there. But she may have been wrong.... as I understand it, she di NOT see the bike personally. It's very possible she gave the wrong description, even though she was there.....

LINK please, for the new info?

No new info Chicken, some were just wondering where the bike was actually located, and I posted that map, was the only one I had that you had done. I think the other one where you have pilot channel is a newer one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg