LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, I am on my way to La tomorrow. Have a desire to drive like the devil is chasing me and as if I am rescuing a Hurricane victim. I have been wanting to go to Lafayette and help in any way possible.

While I do not know the family I really just want to walk right up to CS and give her a big old bike riding hippie mama hug, -- but that's just weird.

peace ya'll.

LA

I totally think you should. She seems the type that would appreciate that kind of support. Hell, I know I would...Ps. I LOVE it when I see women on bikes
!

Odd to me the bike was at Whiskey Bay considering it could have been and drunk driver that hit her and the fact that she was nursing a hangover that day. Coincidence? USUALLY I don't believe in the but maybe it is just a coicidence?

Or maybe they are a DTL wanna be?

The "wannabe" thing bothers me. He might have read about DTL and thought his dumping spot was a good one, but to abduct and murder someone has to have been something a person had in mind long before they read about someone else doing it. In other words, they were already a monster.

I know that isn't what you were saying.

Cliche is right. The only instance that might not be so is if the perp were heading east, knew of the remote exit, and then kept heading east. I'm inclined to go with the perp being local so the WB dump tells me he's stupid.

I don't think that can be ruled out.

If Mickey is dead and this is a first time killer, then I don't know what sort of mindset you would have after the murder. Panic may override logic and lead to stupid or short-sighted thinking. Good lord, this happens all the time. If criminals did not make routinely make stupid mistakes, a lot more crimes would go unsolved.

The Basin is a natural place to dump evidence. Maybe he intended to try and get it deeper into the Basin, but lost his nerve. The bike could have been burning a hole in his brain. Just get it OUT of the truck.

I think about MS and the probable scenarios while riding. I do my best thinking while riding. I do think the bike is the center of it all, and was taken on purpose.

Perhaps the guy was dumped or slighted by a female cyclist from Lafayette. Oh gosh, I've just described some ex's. EGADS.

LA

It is just so unusual to me that the bike was taken and then dumped where we might have expected the body to be. Luckily it was found and I hope it comes back with helpful evidence.
Actually I wonder if it could be someone involved in the cycling community there. Time will tell.
JMO

Odd to me the bike was at Whiskey Bay considering it could have been and drunk driver that hit her and the fact that she was nursing a hangover that day. Coincidence? USUALLY I don't believe in the but maybe it is just a coicidence?

That's another thing. If it was someone drunk enough to hit someone on a bicycle, would they really be driving that far the same morning to dump a bike?

Has anyone (LE, TES, sleuthers, etc.) simulated a body going down the river with a GPS device? This may help to find her if (God forbid) she were dumped with the bike?

Has anyone been down there and walked to the edge to see the drop off, or trash pile, or what may look like a trash pile where the bike was found? I wonder of it can be seen from the edge. If not, what would hinder this? How much would a bike like that weigh? 30 feet doesn't seem like that far for a strong person to throw a 20 lb bike. If someone were to go down there, could you take pictures please?

It also seems to me, from the Shreveport article, that this area is frequently fished. How was it not seen/found before? Or was It seen before, but not reported until the fisherman heard about the case days later?

If you knew the current speed, you might be able to predict where it COULD move over time. The Army Corps of Engineers might have that sorta data. But after 16 days, lord, it could be just about anywhere.

That's another thing. If it was someone drunk enough to hit someone on a bicycle, would they really be driving that far the same morning to dump a bike?

If it was a drunk driver it makes me wonder if they din't have "help" getting rid of evidence! - after the fact...

guys, I am on my way to La tomorrow. Have a desire to drive like the devil is chasing me and as if I am rescuing a Hurricane victim. I have been wanting to go to Lafayette and help in any way possible.

While I do not know the family I really just want to walk right up to CS and give her a big old bike riding hippie mama hug, -- but that's just weird.

peace ya'll.

LA

You go!

Or, someone just remembers Whiskey Bay's notoriety and figured that's where you dump stuff. And they saw the boat launch and figured "let's go the other way and throw it under the bridge we just went over."

Many possibilities.

Boat - thrown from land.... LE said they didn't think it was off the bridge - I assume they have a reason for that thinking..... THOUGH, if they're ruling out the bridge, doesn't that sort of rule out a boat, too?

If it hit water it really shouldn't have suffered much damage... Also, i have no idea how fast the bank drops off. On this one, we're in the dark, absent someone taking their boat out of Butte la Rose and driving there to drop anchor and test it. I'm not sure my own boat could handle the current... just a 15hp putt-putt.

As someone who's grown up with a camp in 'da butte', I'll say it's dark to the point you can't see in front of your face if boating at night. Not to mention the stumps. And if you're going to dump a bike or a body I wouldn't think you'd have the Q-beam shining. I just don't think the boat theory is plausible.

And if they WERE still drunk, would have done a sloppy job of disposing of evidence.

No, I can't see it. I can't see someone doing that drunk. I think this guy wanted Mickey, I don't know the reason. As clear as it may seem to everyone else. I've been digging for other crimes around the community, rapes, police impersonators that haven't been caught, peeping toms, abduction attempts on someone Mickey's age, and I've found nothing.

This can't be his first attempt, it was just done way too well. Very neat and clean and slick. But, what he probably didn't think of, was that the bike wouldn't sink all the way.

You leave. Very quickly.

No blood on the street + no major damage to the bike + neighborhood with little traffice + MS missing + bike missing means very little chance of this being an accidental DUI related.

Agreed. As I said last night, the fact that there is likely no video footage of the abduction, no evidence left behind, minimal damage to the bike (Mouton said they needed the forensic lab to know if she had been hit from behind), and the cell phone being turned off quickly after abduction. Seems to point toward someone having planned this. Whether it is someone she knew or a stranger/stalker, who knows? I'm honestly hoping the silence from the police means they have more info and are moving in the right direction. However, if the forensic lab didn't get anything off the bike, then IMO they/we are dealing with someone who has done this before.

Agreed. As I said last night, the fact that there is likely no video footage of the abduction, no evidence left behind, minimal damage to the bike (Mouton said they needed the forensic lab to know if she had been hit from behind), and the cell phone being turned off quickly after abduction. Seems to point toward someone having planned this. Whether it is someone she knew or a stranger/stalker, who knows? I'm honestly hoping the silence from the police means they have more info and are moving in the right direction. However, if the forensic lab didn't get anything off the bike, then IMO they/we are dealing with someone who has done this before.

Someone who really knows how to clean up!

I just want to point out that just because the bike ended up there does not mean it was put there. It had a whole week to get moved there by currents. Think about it.....if it were simply thrown there it would have moved a good bit before even getting to the bottom and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't still be there a week later. Bike could have even been put there the night before or only hours before the fishermen found it. LE KNOWS WHEN IT WAS PUT THERE BECAUSE OF FORENSICS..... I think that if the bike was dropped off there same night Mickey disappeared the bike would have had to been dumped a whole weeks worth of movement by current UPSTREAM from where it was found!

The "wannabe" thing bothers me. He might have read about DTL and thought his dumping spot was a good one, but to abduct and murder someone has to have been something a person had in mind long before they read about someone else doing it. In other words, they were already a monster.

I know that isn't what you were saying.

Also, it didn't conceal DTL's crimes

If the perp dumped the bike from boat and if he entered the basin from Butte La Rose. Street view taken near the river. Herman Dupuis Rd on left ends in a boat ramp. Parking lot for trailers on left. Stallion Construction building on the right. Fenced front lot with electric security gates. This place might have security cameras and could be checked for suspicious activity on the weekend of her disappearance. Phone: 1-800-321-3628.
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member