LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that chances are MS was targeted.
Someone local, maybe knows her from a distance but was able to learn her friends and routines. Could this perp have been familiar with locations of cameras??? Or did he just get lucky in his abduction spot?
How do you just snatch someone without leaving anything behind?
I know that can happen but in this case, to me it seems preplanned.

If I assume that MS's abduction was preplanned and intended to abduct her personally, IMO: The perp is local, somewhat intelligent and organized. LE believes the bike was dumped the morning of the abduction. If so I think that was planned in advance. Was MS in the vehicle with him when he dropped it? If so, he had her subdued somehow and unable to escape the vehicle. I dont think his intention was or is to kill her. The bike dump was to lead the investigation away from his hidie hole and to creep people out or taunt LE.
Don't know why but I feel like the perp(s) turned around after the bike dump and came back to a location somewhat near her abduction site. I think they are holding her there for some reason. I hope and pray that she is alive and not injured or worse.

See, I took her family's statements differently. When her mother spoke
of it being a terrible accident and all that, I felt like they were trying to give the perp an out.
I'm not saying you are wrong at all. I just felt like they want it to be an accident because that is less terrible than the other alternative.
JMO

I thought the same thing. Also, looking at a bike with a little damage OR (<-edit) totally mangled (and, remember, we don't know) isn't going to say accident or intentional. About all it could reveal is if the bike had been hit by a vehicle.

I'm a guest/member that's been following this forum religously. As a Laffy native, this hits so close to home and has been a very emotional situation. Praying for the family, rosaries for Mickey, fear of someone with ill intent, the other serial cases, the drama among LPD, etc. It's too much! I find some relief from anxiety reading this forum and very thankful to all of those outside of Lafayette who are dedicating their time and have not lost interest in finding Mickey for us. Blessings, FB

:welcome3:

If I assume that MS's abduction was preplanned and intended to abduct her personally, IMO: The perp is local, somewhat intelligent and organized. LE believes the bike was dumped the morning of the abduction. If so I think that was planned in advance. Was MS in the vehicle with him when he dropped it? If so, he had her subdued somehow and unable to escape the vehicle. I dont think his intention was or is to kill her. The bike dump was to lead the investigation away from his hidie hole and to creep people out or taunt LE.
Don't know why but I feel like the perp(s) turned around after the bike dump and came back to a location somewhat near her abduction site. I think they are holding her there for some reason. I hope and pray that she is alive and not injured or worse.

Hmm...so is it someone known to her or someone on the edges of her life?

Someone who knew she was planning to move away?

Again-just tail chasing

Yes, it does seem the bike is at the center of the mystery here for me.

The bike almost feels personal-like the bike is a symbol of Mickey to him. Remember she does have the tattoo on her right ankle of a bike also.
By dumping it at WB it seems the perp was trying to distance the evidence from himself. I think it was sloppy and careless and done in haste. Maybe he had just watched her ride by his house so many times before-day after day, night after night and became fixated.

A random perp would grab and go-leaving the bike at the abduction site. Even if a random perp needed to use the bike to lure Mickey into the truck he wouldnt have cared if it was found IMO. He could have tossed it anywhere-the side of the road, dumpster, field.
JMO

I think about MS and the probable scenarios while riding. I do my best thinking while riding. I do think the bike is the center of it all, and was taken on purpose.

Perhaps the guy was dumped or slighted by a female cyclist from Lafayette. Oh gosh, I've just described some ex's. EGADS.

LA

If this is the dump site, it sure is hard to not say it was dumped by vehicle exiting I-10.

It could have been dumped by boat, but it would be an amazing coincidence that it would wash up exactly where a truck would naturally go.

My answer for that one is that maybe the bridge construction has changed the bottom so that it naturally catches things. LE did say it was surrounded by trash.

I agree. Knowing the vast swampland around all of Acadiana, I could think of several other places to dump the bike without it ever being found. Whiskey Bay seems almost cliche to me. I feel like it was someone who is local but not
familiar with the basin, they just dumped the bike there because... It's expected? I don't know how to describe it. I know another poster has said this before- when you ask anyone where they would get rid of something, the answer mostly given is WB but seriously, there are 100's of other places you could hide something that would really never be found, if you truly know Acadiana.

My thoughts:
1) Non-local escaping east on I-10. He needs to get evidence out of the vehicle. A bike in the truck (cab or bed) would attraction attention. He just wants to get rid of it. It does not matter if it is ultimately found if it gives him a day or two head start. It gave him a week. Of course, the big quesiton is where is the body? Dumped in same place? If not, why two places?
2) Local making it look like non-local. Wants us to think they left on I-10, but are still local.
3) Local dumped bike by boat and evidence washed ashore to its location. Body may be have been dumped at the same time or elsewhere in basin. By this theory, the bike was not meant to be found. Bad luck (for him) washed it to exactly the place to be found more quickly.

Just confirming that I am still here and still following Mickey's case....just not much to add at this point.

Prayers going up for Mickey and her family tonight...

My thoughts:
1) Non-local escaping east on I-10. He needs to get evidence out of the vehicle. A bike in the truck (cab or bed) would attraction attention. He just wants to get rid of it. It does not matter if it is ultimately found if it gives him a day or two head start. It gave him a week. Of course, the big quesiton is where is the body? Dumped in same place? If not, why two places?
2) Local making it look like non-local. Wants us to think they left on I-10, but are still local.
3) Local dumped bike by boat and evidence washed ashore to its location. Body may be have been dumped at the same time or elsewhere in basin. By this theory, the bike was not meant to be found. Bad luck (for him) washed it to exactly the place to be found more quickly.

Maybe they didn't plan on the water level dropping.

I don't think MS is anywhere near the bike drop. I don't know why.

Most profilers will say that the dump site(s) tell so much more than the abduction site.

I agree. Knowing the vast swampland around all of Acadiana, I could think of several other places to dump the bike without it ever being found. Whiskey Bay seems almost cliche to me. I feel like it was someone who is local but not
familiar with the basin, they just dumped the bike there because... It's expected? I don't know how to describe it. I know another poster has said this before- when you ask anyone where they would get rid of something, the answer mostly given is WB but seriously, there are 100's of other places you could hide something that would really never be found, if you truly know Acadiana.

Cliche is right. The only instance that might not be so is if the perp were heading east, knew of the remote exit, and then kept heading east. I'm inclined to go with the perp being local so the WB dump tells me he's stupid.

My answer for that one is that maybe the bridge construction has changed the bottom so that it naturally catches things. LE did say it was surrounded by trash.

Yes, I agree. That is from our discussion from several nights ago.

I am just saying that the bike ended up in a spot that is making many people point at the interstate. If it was dumped by boat and he did not intend for it to be found, then it is bad luck it washed ashore. But it was good luck that it ended up in a spot that is making many people look east away from Acadiana. Had it washed ashore somewhere else, I don't think we would be so strongly considering that theory.

"We feel that we searched that area enough," Mouton said of the Whiskey Bay area. "We believe the perpetrator went beneath the bridge and dumped the bike."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...Louisiana-student-Michaela-Shunick/55272672/1

&#8226;&#8226;&#8226;&#8226; I could swear he said in the press conference that LPD wouldn't be saying the exact location of the bike because it will be used when they have a suspect in custody.

Cliche is right. The only instance that might not be so is if the perp were heading east, knew of the remote exit, and then kept heading east. I'm inclined to go with the perp being local so the WB dump tells me he's stupid.

Or very, very creepy.

Maybe they didn't plan on the water level dropping.

I don't think MS is anywhere near the bike drop. I don't know why.

My mom thinks the same as you. She thinks Mickey is somewhere else. Where? Who knows? We've had many discussions about this since I draw my mom into the missing people cases I follow. She thinks Mickey was dumped first because the perp wouldn't want to risk being caught with her in his vehicle, so Mickey is somewhere closer to Lafayette.

I'm sorry, I looked at your map, and the pin was 100yds upstream. Maybe the map malfunctioned... Google can be a pain.

Didn't mean to sound snippy - I'm really tired. I thought maybe I had missed some source about the 100yds that was released today or something
:blushing:

The fact of the bike being dumped makes me very wary about Mickie being "held" someplace...why bother taking the bike at all, or then getting rid of it? If Mickie is hidden so well, alive somewhere, that she cannot be found, so would be the bike. No reason to dump the bike with such a great hiding place to "keep" her. I just don't see it, I wish it could be true, although I can't imagine anything good happening to her all of this time, if she is alive.

IMO, taking the bike was a part of removing all evidence of Mickie OR the result of Mickie agreeing to a ride with someone who hit her from behind enough to damage the bike and she recognized the person to some degree so she felt okay about accepting. IMO, neither scenario includes Mickie being "held" someplace and again JMOJMOJMOJMO

My thoughts:

I don't think a non local would pick that location....unless it was premeditated. A non local wouldn't know that specific area would be deserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3