LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to sluething with no experience in this area.
From the time they found the bike I have thought that the notorious WB location was planned in advance. I am not a local but would imagine there are lots of places to dump a bike.
Many things make me think this was not a crime of opportunity but was planned in advance. Not the perp(s) first rodeo. If this is the case, IMO dumping the bike at WB is some kind of...I don't know what exactly but like a message to LE, or to shock and frighten people, or to remind them of DTL, or just to be creepy.

I hope not. But I can't say I disagree.

To choose that exact spot seems unlikely to be accidental, especially for a local person.

So..do you think the victim was specifically targeted?

I don't think we know for sure how damaged the bike is...LE did not specify, just mentioned the one part that was damaged.

I just can't see a fatal or near-fatal accident occurring and no one sees anything while the person takes the bike, Mickie and any bit and pieces from the accident.

None of this makes sense, because if she accepted a ride willingly, no accident to bike, then how did it get damaged?

Did she get bumped and then accept a ride?

We seem to be no further along than when she disappeared...except knowing more about the area.

JMO

Bingo, this is what I was thinking 100%, familar with area as in just knowing about it, but not knowing the area like a fisherman, hunter etc that uses that area all the time.

I agree. This guy knows how to get around undetected. He knows Lafayette, and the surrounding areas.

LA

The normal protocol usually works well. Stick to the FACTS as reported by MSM and you will find answers!

I really hope and pray that the last posting I made is totally untrue. I'd love to see Mickey reunited with her family, alive and well.

I do think that chances are MS was targeted.
Someone local, maybe knows her from a distance but was able to learn her friends and routines. Could this perp have been familiar with locations of cameras??? Or did he just get lucky in his abduction spot?
How do you just snatch someone without leaving anything behind?
I know that can happen but in this case, to me it seems preplanned.

Bingo, this is what I was thinking 100%, familar with area as in just knowing about it, but not knowing the area like a fisherman, hunter etc that uses that area all the time.

Agree. All of us locals traveling to LSU/Saints games know to slow down at whiskey bay because State troopers lurk there and they can zip east or west because of the quick exit/entry. I may have misquoted you ram. This was in reply to the post about perp being out in open, worried about a stray car, LE, ETC.

I don't think we know for sure how damaged the bike is...LE did not specify, just mentioned the one part that was damaged.

I just can't see a fatal or near-fatal accident occurring and no one sees anything while the person takes the bike, Mickie and any bit and pieces from the accident.

None of this makes sense, because if she accepted a ride willingly, no accident to bike, then how did it get damaged?

Did she get bumped and then accept a ride?

We seem to be no further along than when she disappeared...except knowing more about the area.

JMO

I guess I'll keep saying this until someone slaps me

Perp on foot? Drop the bike after the grab or whatever horrendous thing occurred.

Someone who lives in the neighborhood wouldn't have much difficulty blending into the night. No one knew she was missing for a whole day.

Have you ever accidentally stepped out in front of a bicyclist? It seems like a very effective way to rapidly disorient, confuse and instill fear. And it's as easy as taking a single step.

Step out, grab, walk the bike into the bushes with one hand.

Does it absolutely have to have been a vehicle?

If I missed a valuable confirmation of vehicle involvement, kindly disregard the above nonsense.

If someone bumped her from behind...and she knew the person at least slightly, she may have felt comfortable accepting a ride, never imagining he/she had done it on purpose. That is the only way I can see taking a ride, rather than calling for help if she could not use the bike to make it home.

This is pretty much the opposite of what former FBI Profiler, Candice DeLong, said on Judge Jeanine the other night. She said the perp is likely someone who is very familiar with the area where the bike was dumped and uses it often, like a hunter or fisherman.

I guess I'll keep saying this until someone slaps me

Perp on foot? Drop the bike after the grab or whatever horrendous thing occurred.

Someone who lives in the neighborhood wouldn't have much difficulty blending into the night. No one knew she was missing for a whole day.

Have you ever accidentally stepped out in front of a bicyclist? It seems like a very effective way to rapidly disorient, confuse and instill fear. And it's as easy as taking a single step.

Step out, grab, walk the bike into the bushes with one hand.

Does it absolutely have to have been a vehicle?

If I missed a valuable confirmation of vehicle involvement, kindly disregard the above nonsense.

Jut thinking of the damage to the rear of the bike, which SEEMS to indicate it being hit...but isn't verified in any way.

Anyone else catch the back ground on KATC's newscast: "Good Cops vs Chief Craft". It bothers me that LPD has all this internal strife during this time. I pray they are all focused on policing Lafayette instead of the lawsuits and repercussions.
Is it possible that's why FBI got called in early on?

Sorry Chicken, I'm the one that cropped it, and I did so because you had marked the camps above and we only needed to know where the bike was located, that's why I did it the way I did. My apologies.

No worries.

That's the way it goes, when we're constantly updating info :)

I just wanted to reiterate it was cropped, so as not to confuse other posters.

Get rid of the bike because of prints.

Who worked on that bike, repaired it, knew Mickey, knew her routes?

Yes, it does seem the bike is at the center of the mystery here for me.

The bike almost feels personal-like the bike is a symbol of Mickey to him. Remember she does have the tattoo on her right ankle of a bike also.
By dumping it at WB it seems the perp was trying to distance the evidence from himself. I think it was sloppy and careless and done in haste. Maybe he had just watched her ride by his house so many times before-day after day, night after night and became fixated.

A random perp would grab and go-leaving the bike at the abduction site. Even if a random perp needed to use the bike to lure Mickey into the truck he wouldnt have cared if it was found IMO. He could have tossed it anywhere-the side of the road, dumpster, field.
JMO

Mickie's family, who have likely or for certain seen her bike, have spoken about an accident...so that makes me think the damage to the bike matches being hit by a car, whether it was an accident or deliberate. So I do think a vehicle was involved.

This is pretty much the opposite of what former FBI Profiler, Candice DeLong, said on Judge Jeanine the other night. She said the perp is likely someone who is very familiar with the area where the bike was dumped and uses it often, like a hunter or fisherman.

You know why this makes no sense, the perp knows area like the back of his hand etc? There is way better areas, with less foot traffic(local fisherman from bank) inside that wildlife management area that would make a lot more sense then dumping it there. I can bring you into areas of that WMA that might see 3 people a year, with swamps, rivers etc. Trust me the local hunters know this also. And if it were local fisherman, he would of headed south of I10 by boat and dumper in the vast swamp area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip