LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to put the darn truck down for a while, though it won't disappear from the backs of my eyes. :(

Did some semi-sleuthing today and found something interesting. Decided to go down University turned on St. John and then on Brashear. I was very surprised that this street does not connect to Johnston. It loops back to University via Cherry. Then I turned on the Brashear via Johnston it loops to West St. Mary which you can only turn onto Johnston from there. Unless she went through the pillions...they do have some construction being done down both Brashears....Maybe they have cameras?

Theorying...just waiting for my appointment at the GM dealership...where the white trucks will be abundant..

Wait wait wait lol, let me get this planted in my mind.

re: Lauren Sperier was an anthropology major.

'Naw, a case of a lack of my reading comprehension skills, and then posting it as fact'.

sorry..my bad..

Don't be sorry. It happens to us all.

True story: until I followed Lauren Spierer's case, I thought that Anthropologie was a store for exclusively "tribal" -looking things. :what:

Groups are usually b/t 10-15 people. I think at most there were 45 groups a day, but the number has dwindled.
Wish I could go help search again especially since fewer people are showing up and I fully intended to when I returned from FL. Unfortunately, with this ankle of mine so banged up it's just impossible right now :banghead:. And by the way, you DO deserve praise lindsay as well as the others here that have been searching!! I know how brutal the heat, woods and overgrown vegetation are and how exhausting the searches are.

There is only 3 ways to get underneath the WB bridge where bike was found

1. Shortest commute is I10 interstate from lafayette directly to WB exit
2. By water, you can launch at henderson, butte larose etc and get there by water, but you would have to know where you were going, very easy to get lost
3. Take I49 North to Opelousas, then take 190 east towards baton rouge, then head south on the dirt road that connect between 190 to I10. Drove this roads many of time, very spookey place at night to say the least lol

There was a big discussion the evening that the rumors of RM were running red hot. The question was about how he (or other perp from that area) could have dump the evidence. There is a bayou behind his house, but you cannot get over the levee into the basin from there. So, they would have to put in a Butte La Rose or some launch along the levee. They could have gone north from Butte La Rose to the Pilot Channel, entered the channel, then dumped evidence into deep water. The bike may have tumbled or floated in the strong current and ended up where it was found. The water apparently dropped 4 feet over the week between her disappearance and the discovery of the bike.

There is only 3 ways to get underneath the WB bridge where bike was found

1. Shortest commute is I10 interstate from lafayette directly to WB exit
2. By water, you can launch at henderson, butte larose etc and get there by water, but you would have to know where you were going, very easy to get lost
3. Take I49 North to Opelousas, then take 190 east towards baton rouge, then head south on the dirt road that connect between 190 to I10. Drove this roads many of time, very spookey place at night to say the least lol
I'm thinking #3 but in reverse. From Lafayette to home or camp which would be along that dirt rd or somewhere near the 190 end of that road. Ya dig?

You say you drove that road many a times at night, does it or does it not make a good drunk route to camp or home after a night out in laff for someone who lived in that direction???

So in my opinion #1......to drop something off......then #3........

That's why I asked uhm teen threads ago......does that road go all the way to 190
And I really feel strongly about it because perp had to know the terrain a little and if z71 of interest is actual perp....he had the vehicle to do it. Not like were talking about a corolla or nothing.

Wait wait wait lol, let me get this planted in my mind.

I have biked that area. They have the intersection restructured to cut down on through traffic of automobiles. But a bike could still get through.

At first way before the bike was found or before they made ANY pictures public, I was thinking it could be an EX city worker or EX Ccp to know where the cameras are and how to leave behind little to no evidence at the scene at least. Anyway, if it were a city worker I doubt they'd be crazy enough to do it in a city vehicle.

Also there was stuff in and on the news about whether the city government was gonna make the traffic or red light cameras stay or go....wonder what they think now??????

The Redflex contract was renewed. IIRC, none of the Redflex cams captured the footage LE has released. Most came from the LCG building. Being City Hall, I think it's just their regular security cams, not traffic cams.

This is something that has been running through my head and maybe discussed thorughout all the pages. My orig theory was someone drunk and hit her, they panicked a lot to loose mentality. If the truck was damaged I sure wouldnt go to no local body shop, instead I would buy replacement parts online, or salvage yards(not local) out of state through a part finder and repair my truck. I wonder if they having been contacting all online parts shops and salvage yards

Also us being a hug oil workers hub, the perp could of been going out Sunday or when ever following the even, and he could be offshore on a 14 and 7 21 and 7 and sometimes longer hitch

Also if just the bike tire was damage it leads me to beleave or think the speed in which the accident happen wasnt very fast, so imo limiting damage to vehicle

There is no way this was someone hitting her while drunk. I've hit a pedestrian and believe me, there are signs left on the roadway. There would be blood on the road. The bike would be crushed.

Wish I could go help search again especially since fewer people are showing up and I fully intended to when I returned from FL. Unfortunately, with this ankle of mine so banged up it's just impossible right now :banghead:. And by the way, you DO deserve praise lindsay as well as the others here that have been searching!! I know how brutal the heat, woods and overgrown vegetation are and how exhausting the searches are.

Just send your daughter in your place! I can't remember her name, sorry. Get her to tell all her friends.

I decided to put the darn truck down for a while, though it won't disappear from the backs of my eyes. :(

Did some semi-sleuthing today and found something interesting. Decided to go down University turned on St. John and then on Brashear. I was very surprised that this street does not connect to Johnston. It loops back to University via Cherry. Then I turned on the Brashear via Johnston it loops to West St. Mary which you can only turn onto Johnston from there. Unless she went through the pillions...they do have some construction being done down both Brashears....Maybe they have cameras?

And maybe she turned on Calder which does connect to Johnston...

Theorying...just waiting for my appointment at the GM dealership...where the white trucks will be abundant..

Correct. Brashear is only a shortcut to Johnston if youre on a bike and can cut through the traffic barriers. Cars have to take the streets you mentioned. Also, no cameras back there unfortunately :(

All I can say is it may seem like theres not a lot going on, but I assure you there is. LE is working diligently as well as tons of volunteers and others like myself. So everything that can be done is being done.

Ok, cool, Thanks.

I wish LE would release the video, and not stills. It would make this truck finding easier..

Correct. Brashear is only a shortcut to Johnston if youre on a bike and can cut through the traffic barriers. Cars have to take the streets you mentioned. Also, no cameras back there unfortunately :(

what is on brashear? from google map it looks like homes and trees?

I'm thinking #3 but in reverse. From Lafayette to home or camp which would be along that dirt rd or somewhere near the 190 end of that road. Ya dig?

You say you drove that road many a times at night, does it or does it not make a good drunk route to camp or home after a night out in laff for someone who lived in that direction???

IF I was drunk in Lafayette, I would take I10 Direct to WB, the other route adds a lot of miles and small town cops who love to pull you over for anything on 190...............

Just send your daughter in your place! I can't remember her name, sorry. Get her to tell all her friends.
She's got a temp job for the next month so is unable either. I have a feeling she probably wouldn't go again anyway ... she was pretty freaked out in the last area we searched ... think it really scared her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne