LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to come to LA LA and volunteer to search for a few days. It is an 8 hour drive for me...and I have the time. Just have to get my bf to care for my animals while I am gone. If anyone has any suggestions about where to stay...hotels near the area or what to bring as far as clothes please pm me. If the creepy icky perp reads these posts I don't want him to know where I stay!!!

The icky perp could pm you!!! Please just do your research online and find a nice, safe place to stay. I'm only saying this as a husband and father. I would not want my daughter or wife to drive 8 hours alone and stay in a hotel alone.

I feel like a solemn urgency is settling around us like fog.

A leaden, sooty fog.

I want to come to LA LA and volunteer to search for a few days. It is an 8 hour drive for me...and I have the time. Just have to get my bf to care for my animals while I am gone. If anyone has any suggestions about where to stay...hotels near the area or what to bring as far as clothes please pm me. If the creepy icky perp reads these posts I don't want him to know where I stay!!!

Lafayette is extremely underserved with affordable motels and sometimes it can be a bit hard to find rooms at the hotels, depending on the weekend or if there is an oil convention, etc. in town. You definitely want to book before you come. The volunteers would love to have more help - your presence would be greatly appreciated!!

In case you are assigned to search in a wooded, high vegetation area I'd be sure to bring closed toed shoes (boots or sturdy tennis shoes), jeans, long-sleeved light weight shirt and a hat. I wore a t-shirt but wished I hadn't because the poison ivy, thorns, etc. are thick. I'd suggest a small back-pack as well and maybe gloves.

I am never convinced that it takes a experienced "expert" to pull of these crimes. I doubt that most of the current missing people here at WS were hidden by any kind of experts; more likely by someone they knew and the victims just have not been found yet. There is very little physical evidence in most of the cases where the victim is still missing. Mickie's bike being found is at least as much evidence as there is in Lauren's case, or Holly's, or Katelyn's, or etc. etc. etc and more than some others, such as Kyron, Hailey, and on and on. This crime too could be someone she knows, casually or well, or first-timer, just as easily as a "pro.

JMO

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?
because everyone was praying for a miracle!

The icky perp could pm you!!! Please just do your research online and find a nice, safe place to stay. I'm only saying this as a husband and father. I would not want my daughter or wife to drive 8 hours alone and stay in a hotel alone.

BBM

Great google moogly!

A.C.I., So in the interest of efficiency, where would you recommend civilians (or LE for that matter) should concentrate their search efforts?

Hi everyone. newbie here i've been trying to keep up with all of your threads for days (neglecting real life)
I lived in the bay area when all of those girls started going missing and am in the next town over from where andra cantu was killed and just last year we had a young woman named dalene carlson go missing and later found about 30 miles away. Between Mickey, Isabel and Sierra my heart just breaks for these families. I just wanted to let you all know that I for one really appreciate all everyone is doing to try and help i'm not close but have looked at all of your maps and scenarios and have been racking my brain as well. I do agree with those of you that think the location of the bike is odd considering that locations history. Well i'm going back to lurking now that i'm all caught up.

I'll play along with this scenario a bit...

So there's no way that a possible jealous gay lover could be involved? (Jealous over BW's close relationship with MS)

I think it's more likely that the poster meant that jealousy isn't gender specific.

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?

I agree, but there are a couple reasons. First, the river is making a broad sweeping turn such that the normal current would push debris to the out edge. In this case the east bank. Second, the nature of the river bottom around the interstate bridge might act to alter the currents in that area. Creating a trap for floating debris. Those two dynamics might tend to aggregate debris to the place where the bike was found. The police report did say the bike was found amongst other trash/litter. That trash could be garbage from the locals using that spot. Or it could be evidence of the action of the river.

Have you looked at all into crimes on campus? I believe I read they have their own LE. If a crime occurred on campus would it not necessarily have been reported to local LE?

I am with you on looking for other crimes possibly related and leading up to Mickey going missing. Makes all the sense.
JMO
I checked the ULL campus police reports earlier this evening. There were a few 'hit and run driving incidents' but nothing else that really caught my eye. Their reports are only current up through the week beginning 05/13/2012 though.

http://police.louisiana.edu/crime-log/index.shtml

Hi everyone. newbie here i've been trying to keep up with all of your threads for days (neglecting real life)
I lived in the bay area when all of those girls started going missing and am in the next town over from where andra cantu was killed and just last year we had a young woman named dalene carlson go missing and later found about 30 miles away. Between Mickey, Isabel and Sierra my heart just breaks for these families. I just wanted to let you all know that I for one really appreciate all everyone is doing to try and help i'm not close but have looked at all of your maps and scenarios and have been racking my brain as well. I do agree with those of you that think the location of the bike is odd considering that locations history. Well i'm going back to lurking now that i'm all caught up.

Hi, mesbra

Welcome!

I moved to Lafayette in 2001 from central Louisiana, and have lived in the Baton Rouge area for the last 10 years. I don't consider myself local to the area though. I have driven from Baton Rouge to Lafayette hundreds of times, and have never once exited at Whiskey Bay. Even prior to DTL, I wouldn't consider using that exit...it's dark and desolate - definitely not a road trip "pit stop" exit. I don't hunt or fish - while I may know various short cuts in and around Baton Rouge (and Lafayette), I have not ever had any reason to become familiar with the various bayous, rivers and other various waterways around here. They are EVERYWHERE - that much I do know. What I also know is that it is apparently incredibly easy to dispose of anything off of the Whiskey Bay exit, completely undetected. Even after Pam Kinamore's body was found there, DTL was able return to dump a second body while being hunted bt the local pd, FBI and everyone else. My point is, while I may be considered "local" to the area, I wouldn't know about some secluded boat launch (or whatever) off of some back road in Breaux Bridge - but I would know about Whiskey Bay - as would every other "local" not actually born and raised in and around Lafayette. JMO

You are right Redhand! I will do my own research on hotels and keep my arrival days to myself!
If the perp is reading this....I am not blond, not tiny, am street smart....and I won't be alone.

IMO the area MS vanished from is not an area I would look for prey if I were the perp. No bars, resturants, etc. If it were truly a scoop and run it had to be spontaneous. He had to make mistakes and in the end will be identified.

I disagree. I think we all have the right to be out late at night- even alone. Criminals do not have the right to own the night.

Amen. Not to mention that most people who stay out after 10PM can tell you that PLENTY of good things happen after that point.

A.C.I., So in the interest of efficiency, where would you recommend civilians (or LE for that matter) should concentrate their search efforts?

I would continue searching the whiskey bay and basin area. I dont think she is near the bike. But Im willing to bet the rest of her stuff is. That evidence will help point people in the right direction to then go and find her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc