LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard about that last bit, but the arson/bed-wetting/animal cruelty theory is called the Macdonald Triad. It's popularly referenced in television and films, but not taken very seriously as a concept by modern analysts:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/witness/201205/homicidal-triad-predictor-violence-or-urban-myth

It is in one of the FBI Crime Classification manuals.

It may not be taken seriously, but if one were to look into the past of 25 convicted serial killers, they'd find that most had at least 2 and quite a few would have all 3.

Simple and aggravated are adjectives to describe lots of crimes: battery, burglary, rape. The connotation is not meant to mean "insignificant", just lesser of the two. Aggravated crimes are more serious. Weird terminology, perhaps, but I would not say misogynistic.

As a woman it appears misogynistic upon first read. I am sure there are other terms that could be used.

I think I have a future serial killer next door. He dropped my dogs leash on a walk when other large dogs were around to see what would happen. He was setting fires in the front yard and filming them. All night and day he plays violent video games and cusses like a Teamster under my bedroom window-derogatory name calling of women and different ethnicities.

He is going to be 17 next week.

I'm not paranoid, either, just something is off with him and as a former teacher I know kids.

does he listen to rock music too? hide the children! ; P

but seriously, maybe the fires and the dropping of the dogs leash could be worrisome. but i had a fascination with fire at that age and i never once thought of harming anything, other than maybe my silly husband on occasion. as for the other "signs" you see in this kid, he sounds just like my husband. violent video games do not create killers, a sickened mind creates a killer. my husband and i both spend plenty of time shooting people and blowing people up on the internet, and both of us are fairly mild, non-killer type people. :rocker:

had to edit my post, my mouse decided to post something out of place : /

1. for whatever reason she willing got into the truck with this person. that's why it was so easy to get her and the bike in the truck at the same time.

unless of course one guy purposely bumped her bike with his truck which would be reason for him to get out of the truck. say im sorry let me take you to the hospital, he helps mickey into the truck. gets her bike than just takes off with her.

I can't shake the feeling that it was scenario 1. After the bump, something about the driver made MS feel as if he could be trusted and she got in the truck -- much like in this situation: http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/ (I know it has been "ruled out" that this guy is not the perp and the daytime pickup is viewed as an independent incident, but still...)

Yeah, I said this on the other page, I'm really beginning to wonder. It's almost like he wants to be KNOWN.

It is. I've said it many times, the more time goes on, the more I think (don't know, of course) that this person really had this whole deal planned out. You don't accidentally hit someone, throw them and their bike in your truck, then go 27 miles down the interstate to Whiskey Bay to dump. If the bike drop was supposed to cover something up, he failed in an epic way. Most of south Louisiana is water, swamps, bayous, etc. Whiskey Bay isn't the the only place to lose evidence. I know I've posted much along these lines, but for those not from here, the use of this area feels like too scary to be a coincidence. Could it be? Yes. Absolutely.

For those wanting someone to go take pics of WB, if I can get my husband to go out there and do it, then will do, but I'm not brave enough to visit that horrible place.

anyone wanna play the game of "where's the weird white truck"? hahaha sorry I just got sucked into google map satellite view and it's really amazing how many there are. of course this one kinda hidden in the tree's in the cemetary seems a little weird. lol Here you can view the map: (make sure you view satellight view without the 45 degrees turned on)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid= 202005644964307079449.0004c1b14b9c81c059a83

And if you so cared to add more pins of white trucks in odd locations feel free to add to the map - I made it so that anyone can add pins to the map. Yeah obviously I've been looking for a needle in a hay stack and thinking something random might help with this case. I don't think that this will help anything, but had to share the oddness of where this truck was located. lol

I just saw a poster for a missing 15 year old girl in baton rouge... Last seen 05/25. I do not see a forum for her. Has anyone heard of this? Patience Clayton is her name.

I can't shake the feeling that it was scenario 1. After the bump, something about the driver made MS feel as if he could be trusted and she got in the truck -- much like in this situation: http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/ (I know it has been "ruled out" that this guy is not the perp, but an independent incident.)

If this is the case, then how many of us actually think this is the first time this person/individuals have done something like this? Even worse, would do it again?

Video under the Whiskey Bay Bridge during the flood of 2011. The flood has greatly increased the river current, so not indicative of normal flow conditions. Note the large concrete bridge pylons visible on the right. Notice how much slower the water movement is in this location. This place between the bank and the pylons is creating an eddy in the current. Is seems reasonable that material could aggrerate in this location. Was this where the bike was found?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwl-rPc_JY

Thank you for this, but it drove me crazy! I watched on my phone and I kept trying to move it so I could look around! Lol!

I just saw a poster for a missing 15 year old girl in baton rouge... Last seen 05/25. I do not see a forum for her. Has anyone heard of this? Patience Clayton is her name.

I live near BR and I haven't heard of her.

Louisiana Simple Rape Law

LSA-R.S. 14:43

A. Simple rape is a rape committed when the anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse is deemed to be without the lawful consent of a victim because it is committed under any one or more of the following circumstances:

(1) When the victim is incapable of resisting or of understanding the nature of the act by reason of a stupor or abnormal condition of mind produced by an intoxicating agent or any cause and the offender knew or should have known of the victim's incapacity.

(2) When the victim, through unsoundness of mind, is temporarily or permanently incapable of understanding the nature of the act and the offender knew or should have known of the victim's incapacity.

(3) When the female victim submits under the belief that the person committing the act is her husband and such belief is intentionally induced by any artifice, pretense, or concealment practiced by the offender.

B. Whoever commits the crime of simple rape shall be imprisoned, with or without hard labor, without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, for not more than twenty-five years.

I don't think I want to know what constitutes whatever is not classified as 'simple' rape.

Fooled into think it's her husband?

The basic rule of buoyancy is that an object will sink if it weighs more that the water it displaces (i.e. if it is heavier, cubic centimeter per cubic centimeter than water). The only bicycle I can imagine floating would be on with an extremely light frame and wide balloon tires. Mickey's bike (a schwinn Madison) could be described as a fairly lightweight bike with mid-range tires (700 X 25) I don't think that would float but I'm not positive. If it was put into the water and did drift downstream, what are the odds that it would drift onto a bank that is accessible by vehicle when most of that stretch of river appears to have no road access? I do believe it was thrown into the water where it was found.

A human body is more difficult to tell. People with low body fat sink while people with more body fat will float but there are many factors. Generally, unless someone drowns, a body will float at first because the air in their lungs will tend to keep them buoyant. As water seeps into their lung they may sink. (Because drowning victims will have water in their lungs, they may sink right away.

After 24 hours (more or less depending on water temperature) decay in the victim’s stomach will cause gas to form expanding the abdomen and usually cause them to float. Eventually further decay will permit this gas to leak out and the body may sink again.
In streams, the current is almost always fastest in the center. Along the banks where water is shallow and there are irregularities in the bank, friction is generated and water tends to slow. In addition, irregular features of the bank and any debris that might collect will tend to "snag" objects floating by. Because of this, a body placed in a stream at the bank is unlikely to drift into the current and be carried away a significant distance. Getting the body into the main current by dropping it from a bridge or from a boat would be only way to get the body to drift any distance. I think that if the body were put in at the same area as the bike, it would have turned up a very short distance downstream.

Is it okay to post a link on Patience Clayton? I just found her on missingkids.com. They have few details, but there is a picture and she is classified as an "Endangered Runaway."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne