LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what are they, for those of us far away?

Anywhere you can find people! Look around at 2 a.m.. I don't frequent that area, but it's not too far from the college, and so there are people around late.

The truck fire in Lagrange. What would the best way to go about finding out if they know what type of truck it was and have any new info on it?

Anywhere you can find people! Look around at 2 a.m.. I don't frequent that area, but it's not too far from the college, and so there are people around late.

I thought perhaps you had specific locations in mind.

The truck fire in Lagrange. What would the best way to go about finding out if they know what type of truck it was and have any new info on it?

Call the La Grange police. That's what I would do.

No idea....but i google mapped it and it looks like a residential area. I think the white truck was in the driveway.

I live in GA. Will call La Grange PD tomorrow, see what I can find out.

My stalker would wait forever if he thought he could hurt me at the end of the wait.

That's not supposition. This man has told me these things. And many more.

If MS 'never slept at other people's houses', he had maybe 6 - 8 hours maximum wait time. She was going to go home, alone, on her bike. Could have been midnight, could have been 5:00, but he'd have been there.

I'm using the masculine pronoun, but it could be a woman.

In my personal, direct, first person experience, waiting means nothing to a dedicated stalker.

Holy *****balls...I would be so freaked out if someone that was stalking me told me that

My stalker would wait forever if he thought he could hurt me at the end of the wait.

If MS 'never slept at other people's houses', he had maybe 6 - 8 hours maximum wait time. She was going to go home, alone, on her bike. Could have been midnight, could have been 5:00, but he'd have been there.

In my personal, direct, first person experience, waiting means nothing to a dedicated stalker.

Especially if he saw her on her way there earlier in the evening.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, JurysOut. I had one of those, as well, but he would only wait places he was sure I'd eventually wind up. (And I'm so glad this was before the internet/cell phones.)

In the scenario you're describing, how do you imagine that the person would have established that Shunick was out that night? A friend, acquaintance, random stranger? I've seen multiple confirmations of Shunick's route home, but no mention if that was the route she took to get there, especially as she was initially heading to a location other than Brettly Wilson's house.

I can see someone being stalked at the job they go to every Monday, or the class they attend every Wednesday, or anything else along those lines. But if Mickey Shunick was accosted by someone who'd seen her before on her bike route, it seems far more likely that it was a case of unfortunate chance than it was an obsession. As always, I could be totally wrong, though.

Especially if he saw her on her way there earlier in the evening.

Good point. If he saw her earlier in the evening on the way to BW's house, then he knows at some point she'll be back. All he has to do is wait...

Good point. If he saw her earlier in the evening on the way to BW's house, then he knows at some point she'll be back. All he has to do is wait...

This supports the perp on foot theory, too. I'm not sure if she met BW at BW's house & they rode together or they just both met up at Artmosphere for the free live music benefit.

Holy *****balls...I would be so freaked out if someone that was stalking me told me that

He's crazy. He's also told me all the things he plans to do when he catches me. He showed me the toolbag he keeps hidden in the ceiling tiles in his office.

I was freaked out for the first 5 years, moved away, blah blah blah..

I guess you could say my life is sort of constructed around not being accessible.

Stalkers are extremely focused, determined and tenacious.

If someone wanted Mickey, specifically, they'd wait.

Or what if he's been seeing her, on and off for a while?! My BFF lives 5 blocks off of St. Landry. For 2 years, pretty much on a daily basis, I visited that Circle K, on the way to or from class. So what if he's been watching Mickey from afar? And if she was somewhat inconsistent on her route, than the parts that were consistent, is where he is...

Just rambling...

Came across an interesting website: Solarspectrum Tarot (is it ok that I put the name on here?). I usually don't like those sorts of foolishness, but there is a "reading" on there that is rather intriguing about Mickey's disappearance..... Sorry if this has been mentioned.

It helps to research news articles. It sounds like the truck fire was related to two other ones earlier in the week where a 2004 Kia Optima was twice set on fire.

Police Investigate Vehicle Fire

Woman's Car Destroyed After Being Set on Fire a Second Time

Police said a 2004 Kia Optima was fully engulfed in flames when officers arrived at the scene, in the 300 block of Bailey’s Way.
Arson Believed to be Cause of Car Fire

Police and fire personnel arrived at a clubhouse in the 300 block of Baileys Way, where they found a 2004 Kia Optima in flames.

The flashing lights on her bike would have served to establish an easily recognizable pattern for anyone watching on a consistent basis

The flashing lights would have confirmed her identity from afar and allowed time for last minute preparation if someone anticipated her passing by that night

Or what if he's been seeing her, on and off for a while?! My BFF lives 5 blocks off of St. Landry. For 2 years, pretty much on a daily basis, I visited that Circle K, on the way to or from class. So what if he's been watching Mickey from afar? And if she was somewhat inconsistent on her route, than the parts that were consistent, is where he is...

Just rambling...

There has to be some kind of consistency to her route, because the security guard at the hospital seemed to know her entire route. I know that the route she apparently took is not the route that BW and her family have mentioned in interviews, but I wonder if LE specifically told them not to mention her usual route.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, JurysOut. I had one of those, as well, but he would only wait places he was sure I'd eventually wind up. (And I'm so glad this was before the internet/cell phones.)

In the scenario you're describing, how do you imagine that the person would have established that Shunick was out that night? A friend, acquaintance, random stranger? I've seen multiple confirmations of Shunick's route home, but no mention if that was the route she took to get there, especially as she was initially heading to a location other than Brettly Wilson's house.

I can see someone being stalked at the job they go to every Monday, or the class they attend every Wednesday, or anything else along those lines. But if Mickey Shunick was accosted by someone who'd seen her before on her bike route, it seems far more likely that it was a case of unfortunate chance than
it was an obsession. As always, I could be totally wrong, though.

Thanks. I'm OK with it now. It's just there

I don't know what percentage of the stalker population are what I call 'trackers', but at least some of them just follow, follow, follow until they can discern a pattern.

I'm not altogether sold that this was a personal Mickey stalker.

A bad guy, looking to do very bad crap, but maybe not to just her until she happened past the web and got snared.

I hope we find out someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member