LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're the third person today who's mentioned the stables. I hope someone's checked out that angle.
I have thought about the stable/horse connection often and personally feel like it may hold some clues about her disappearance.
Wasn't she selling a horse? I wonder if she had it listed on Craig's List or something similar...

She was reported.missing on Saturday. 16 he's (correct me if I'm wrong) since she was abducted. Le did NOTHING until Monday.

16 hrs to report her missing.
And about 36 hrs AFTER SHE WAS REPORTED MISSING....for them to do anything at all.

She was an adult. Adults are allowed to come and go as they please. Most police departments will not even allow a report to be filed until they are missing for 48 hours unless there is some extenuating circumstance where it looks like foul play has occurred.

I do find it strange that it took her family THAT long to even begin looking for her, much less contact the police.

I have thought about the stable/horse connection often and personally feel like it may hold some clues about her disappearance.
Wasn't she selling a horse? I wonder if she had it listed on Craig's List or something similar...

She did. Someone posted the link umpteen threads back.

Just throwing my two cents in-I think the fact that the white truck driver has not come forward can speak to maybe a planned crime!
the driver has to know LE is looking for them-that truck is in a garage or barn where it is not going to be found soon-justMOOC

Yup, and, again, it's why pressers reminding people to notice if someone stops driving their vehicle would have been so important! Gobs of people pay no attention to the news and the WT trucker may be one of them (and not involved in Mickey's abduction) and some friend who does pay attention to the news might say, "Hey, dude, did you know that LPD is looking for a truck just like yours?" Conversely, someone may have noticed that so and so's truck has mysteriously disappeared.

6:00pm KATC:
Sorry of its been posted already: TES and another group arriving back in Lafayette tomorrow. Search teams include K-9 team with cadaver dogs.

Did they state it was TES specifically?
I read a team was coming in but it never mentioned Tim Miller and or TES
JMO

She was an adult. Adults are allowed to come and go as they please. Most police departments will not even allow a report to be filed until they are missing for 48 hours unless there is some extenuating circumstance where it looks like foul play has occurred.

I do find it strange that it took her family THAT long to even begin looking for her, much less contact the police.

It wasn't that long! They were making phone calls, messaging friends on FB, etc. looking for her. You can go to several different profiles and view the messages, with times.

DUI checkpoints are never publicized to the public in Louisiana.

Not true.
Sobriety Checkpoint Scheduled in Lafayette
Original Release: May 17, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

Lafayette, LA— On Saturday, May 19, 2012, between the hours of 9:00 pm and 3:00 am, the Lafayette Police Department will be conducting an OWI Checkpoint within the incorporated limits of Lafayette. The purpose of the checkpoint is to target impaired drivers under the influence of alcohol or any other dangerous substance. Officers working the checkpoint will respond with zero tolerance to those drivers found to be under the influence. Designate a driver if you intend to drink, by not doing so, it could result in costly fines and serious jail time.
•http://www.lafayettela.gov/mobile/pd_newsreleases.aspx?PR_Id=2462
•http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/sobriety-checkpoint-scheduled-in-lafayette-240336/
•http://acadiana.kplctv.com/m/news/news/52966-sobriety-checkpoint-scheduled-lafayette#bmb=1

Date and time are, not location.

They do a piss poor job of keeping it under wraps anyway. Everyone always knows when and where the checkpoints are as well as when and where there will be bar raids for underage drinking

Sorry of its been posted already: TES and another group arriving back in Lafayette tomorrow. Search teams include K-9 team with cadaver dogs.
Woohoo! The more the better, especially experienced resources.

(altho anyone could provide that one tip that makes all the difference)

What is the liklihood that someone hits a girl on a bike by accident; and then freaks out enough to commit murder?

I am still trying to figure out if it was planned or accident.

Unless she was murdered AFTER it was spread all over social media.....or possibly died in peeps vehicle in route to the hospital. She could have died on impact or at least been knocked unconscious. Making the accident into murder

I think the main reason LE have stopped giving information publicly is because of social media. (Not WS though!)

Look what happened with the whole RM mess.

Because rumours and speculation can really mess up the investigation, I think in future cases we'll get the bare minimum info from LE.

In the Celis' case LE directly complained about rumours and speculation on social media sites.....

Hey! Didn't I read somewhere that they were going away because of now new evidence since the bike? And now they are back, eh?!

Tim Miller said he'd be back. Bless him...

They do a piss poor job of keeping it under wraps anyway. Everyone always knows when and where the checkpoints are as well as when and where there will be bar raids for underage drinking

They do a pretty poor job of switching up locations too. I would almost be willing to bet this one on Friday will be at Cajundome/Johnston or Cajundome/Congress.

Timeline of the search for Mickey Shunick

http://www.katc.com/news/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

May 18, 2012: 10:15 pm: Mickey arrived at music venue and bar, Artmosphere, to see a band and hang out with friends.
"After about like an hour or two of being there she already started making mention of being ready to go home, getting something to eat," explained friend Brettly Wilson.

June 5, 2012: A new search group out of Texas arrives in town with plans to start searching with their K9 team in the morning.

JMO
Thanks. Good catch. After seeing your post I also posted it on our Timeline/MSM links Mickey thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member