LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they dont publish the exact location anymore, because everyone was sending the info to friends to warn them.

the only publish the time and date in lafayette

I wish that would be only what they tell people out here in Calif. North Bay Area. They even announce what street what time .

You know, maybe some of these people might want to go to a reporter and tell them things they are hearing locally and see if the reporter could go out and check some of these so called rumors out, so that they could be posted in the forum.

I'm almost scared to ask a question but, just say she wasn't going home after all and whomever she was going to meet obviously had bad intentions and damaged the bike by hand to make it look like a hit and run

Fear not, mesbra.

There are several theories about the damage to the bike. Falling/being thrown off a bridge, slammed in a car trunk, disassembled for transport, etc.

Until LE releases information, all we have are theories.

It's entirely possible MS was intending to meet someone that no one else knew about.

Police here wait in the parking lots of clubs and bars. When they see people walking to their car, they follow them down the street. Easy DUI.

Yeeeaaahh...so maybe this is why LE has been tight lipped.

I mentioned that in a post, but I think I spelled your name wrong. My brain was having some circuitry issues.
BBM.

If/when you find the remedy for that, plz let me know. ;)

Yes but the family was unhappy with the quickness or lack there of. In which le responded to her being reported missing.

Why would you? Do you doubt le's capabilities? You don't trust the PO po .......awwww. YOU NOT ALONE CHER!

I BELIEVE THATS WHAT I WAS SAYING OR AT LEAST MEANT BY MY POST........

She was missing for quite a while before LE was even contacted!

I don't believe the extent of the damage to the bike has been definitively reported.

There's been some conjecture that damage may have been incurred during the dumping of the bicycle.

Thus far, no evidence of an accident has been found to the best of my knowledge. I could be mistaken. I'm still in my office and missing a lot of posts.

I do remember someone suggesting that the bike was damaged when it was dumped. But, I think the front of the bike would sustain more damage than the back if tossed over an embankment, since the front would be heavier (unless the handlebars were completely removed, but I can't imagine someone in a hurry to dispose of a bike taking the time to do that).

A possible "accident" has been discussed and I'm just considering that an "accident" could have been staged by the perp in order to nab Mickey. Just a suggestion as to how he got her off the bike. Again, it if were truly an accident, I don't believe the perp would have taken the bike and body with him.

MOO

What is the liklihood that someone hits a girl on a bike by accident; and then freaks out enough to commit murder?

I am still trying to figure out if it was planned or accident.

I don't know how they do it in Lafayette, but here in my hometown, when they have a DUI checkpoint planned, they are required to put it in the newspaper beforehand. [ which seems stupid, but whatever.]

Anyhow, once they publish the date and location , all of the 20 yr olds text each other with the warnings. So if you know thetre is going to be one on Saturday night on Kanan, you would probably avoid that street all weekend long. Jmo

It's plastered ALL over social media.

You know, maybe some of these people might was to go to a reporter and tell them things they are hearing locally and see if the reporter could go out and check some of these so called rumors out, so that they could be posted in the forum.

Gonna do it tomorrow. Tried a couple reporters today, but it was after five.

That's disgusting. :burn:

There is no excuse for this. None. None.

Can a complaint be filed with the State's Attorney General? An investigation of this investigation is warranted.

Holy crap. I'm incensed.

Artis - no wonder they've been so tight lipped. OY!

That's what happens when people give their power over to government. The volunteers could have done it but because we expect public employees to get it done, we don't think of it. I'm sure there were lots of people who would have been more than happy to do it. If the cops were short, they could have asked. Too late!

Knowing the truth is worth whatever it takes, even if it's not prosecutable.

Unfortunately, I bet many families of missing persons can't afford it (hiring a PI) -- or may not even be aware that they could do so.

There could be no more clues and total silence and I would still not stop trying to figure this out. Really wish I was near to help instead of trying to figure out the few clues we have.

I really feel that it's quiet because they are close to catching them, close to having all the evidence needed, and feel sure Mickey's still alive and are trying to keep it that way. :please:

We thought the same thing about Kelli Bordeaux and Holly Bobo!

Presumably, the route from where MS was last seen, to where her bike was found at WB has CCTV at many points in the 27mile stretch? Has, or is, this being checked for the WT?

Thanks.

I was thinking opelousas port Barre krotz springs fordoche Livonia ....or a camp around there. Jmo

OT, but got to lighten the mood, esp for our members outside of Louisiana:
Krotz Springs: years ago my ex brother in law married a girl there. The wedding was held in a small dirty gas station/car repair store. The owner was justice of the peace. I was totally blown away!

You know, maybe some of these people might want to go to a reporter and tell them things they are hearing locally and see if the reporter could go out and check some of these so called rumors out, so that they could be posted in the forum.

Local media IS aware of the rumors; and don't appear to be too interested in them. They have to be super careful. The local media's FB's sites are deleting posts just as fast as they do here at WS!

there is a slang term for nicknames that is very common here. You put a "T" in front of the kid's name. i.e. T-bob.

it comes from our french speaking ancestors..t is short for petite. so it started as a way to nickname someone..i.e. little bob, usually a younger male in the family.

we now refer to "t-boys" because they have their own stereotypes..
driving huge lifted trucks
hunting/fishing/frogging/mudding (country boys in general)
usually not the brightest guys around
teen-twenty-somethings
lots use dip (chewing tobacco)
they got to citybar (or citybar maurice)(thats my lol for the locals)

anyone else got more t-boyisms?

But they have a memorial logo? Can you show what it looks like?

I called you cajuntooter in an earlier post. Sorry, but you're stuck with that handle now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForMySon