LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many will be happy to know that I just used both UV light and luminol (to make damn sure) on a particular stretch of roadway and there was NO BLOOD. Mickey was not under the truck in that picture. Problem solved. Debate over. ;)

It's just common in Lafayette for guys to have bigger trucks than they need.

overcompensation.jpg

I just can't see cadavar dogs being brought in for nothing. I know they are wonderful trackers, but honestly I can't see how she could still be alive. Hope I'm wrong.

I can't see TES coming back just a few days after they left...doesn't sound good.

"We've had some things come up in the last two or three days that we are pursuing and that I'm excited about," said Abdella

If there is a true psychopath involved in this case, which IMO is entirely possible, his cause for optimism may stem from a hope that this person is holding her.

YES! You are riding my train of thought.

I might be reading too much into it, but I did take note that there was no longer a reference to the FBI, at least on the mini-task force.
I think the paper said that 'the LPD and two other law enforcement agencies are still involved'; that would lead me to think FBI is one of the two other....

the only people i ever see wearing a helmet while biking in LA are those hard core cyclist in skin tight biking suits that probably biked all the way over here from San Francisco or something

They qualify as "skilled" IMO... MS not so much... she was a college student that rode a bike. Yes she was somewhat "safe" but very typical cnsidering her age.

I admit I might not even wear a helmet, but I KNOW I'd NEVER bike in sandals like she did!
moo
ETA: maybe "seasoned bike rider" is what I mean.

Many will be happy to know that I just used both UV light and luminol (to make damn sure) on a particular stretch of roadway and there was NO BLOOD. Mickey was not under the truck in that picture. Problem solved. Debate over. ;)

Thank you soooooooooo very much. Debate officially OVER.!

I just can't see cadavar dogs being brought in for nothing. I know they are wonderful trackers, but honestly I can't see how she could still be alive. Hope I'm wrong.

i think it's highly unlikely that she is, but it's interesting that the PI said that he thinks she is. maybe he's trying to keep up hopes. who knows

agreed - and after reading the link above, Abdella doesn't seem to know what he thinks. He said he had received about 50 tips, then he said the part I quoted, then he goes back and says he feels she's alive but sometimes changes his mind, but right now, feels as though she's possibly still alive, and he ends by saying he has no guarantee, but personally thinks she is still alive.

My guess - he doesn't have a clue!

OT, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciate my parents requiring that I call them as often as they do. I wish the Shunicks had the same rule :(

Also, if only MS&BW had a "buddy system" in which he EXPECTED a text from her upon arrival home... sigh. If only. :(

agreed - and after reading the link above, Abdella doesn't seem to know what he thinks. He said he had received about 50 tips, then he said the part I quoted, then he goes back and says he feels she's alive but sometimes changes his mind, but right now, feels as though she's possibly still alive, and he ends by saying he has no guarantee, but personally thinks she is still alive.

.......or it's a STRATEGY?

He's very old. Cut him some slack ;)

And its more like 50 tips....an hour. I dont envy him or his phone bill

OT, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciate my parents requiring that I call them as often as they do. I wish the Shunicks had the same rule :(

Also, if only MS&BW had a "buddy system" in which he EXPECTED a text from her upon arrival home... sigh. If only. :(

So glad to hear you still call your parents, ashola. In this world we live in today, we really have to keep in touch, just in case. My girls are in their 40's and still touch base with me frequently, because I ask them to. It is appreciated.

New here; first, I want to say how amazing it is that you guys would put so much time and thought into your theories about what happened to Mickey. I had no idea this place existed. Thank you!
I have no connection to Mickey other than being a concerned Lafayette native.
I think it's important to state that LE and media did specifically ask the community and business owners for tapes from that morning in that area that Mickey may have traveled. I don't recall seeing it in print but I've heard it countless times on local news broadcasts. There is a big issue with timing of the footage, as expressed in an earlier post. But, LE is damned if they do, damned if they don't. To "guesstimate" a time on untimed footage, IMO, would have drawn even more criticism for our local PD.

If Abdella truly does think she is still alive - and if she is - why would he want to spook the perp into killing her in a panic? Seeming wishy-washy in the media might allow the perp to think he's still "safe."

:) :) :)

So much progress- and then a quick return to discussion of animated GIFs, doctored photos of white trucks, and how pretty/blonde/petite the missing person is.

New here; first, I want to say how amazing it is that you guys would put so much time and thought into your theories about what happened to Mickey. I had no idea this place existed. Thank you!
I have no connection to Mickey other than being a concerned Lafayette native.
I think it's important to state that LE and media did specifically ask the community and business owners for tapes from that morning in that area that Mickey may have traveled. I don't recall seeing it in print but I've heard it countless times on local news broadcasts. There is a big issue with timing of the footage, as expressed in an earlier post. But, LE is damned if they do, damned if they don't. To "guesstimate" a time on untimed footage, IMO, would have drawn even more criticism for our local PD.

:wagon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member