LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it looks like a fan, but can't explain why it would be there in the back window.

I am continuing to sleuth the truck. If LE finds it then they can rule it in or out.

Carrying it somewhere? In the process of moving? Just bought it? Taking it to work?

pn_network.gif

So, :waitasec:, pretend I'm the head of video surveillance in LE, why don't I assign two LE to go out and check all video for two days or however long it takes during the first week. check off 'done' and be done. How hard can that be? I'm referring to the obvious routes - St. Landry, near Mel's, closer to her house (as I saw several cameras on TexasLil's map), etc.

What am I missing?

Was the article from the advertiser from today already posted here? Just in case you guys haven't seen it:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Sounds like the had some tips of interest in the last couple of days that they aren't talking about.

From your link:

Authorities assembled a mini-task force Monday to review all tips as the investigation into the May 19 disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick entered its third week.

snip

Despite the lack of new details, Mouton said Lafayette police are not ready to give up.

"It's way too early to call this a cold case," he said. "There are still many tips to follow up on, and all of the evidence (from the bicycle) is not back from the lab. It's still very active."

That's what I think. It could help explain why WS seems to vanish into thin air. If you know where the cameras aren't, you can get away with a lot more movement.

Has it been established that there are not cameras on the St. Landry side of the LCG building? There are a couple entrances on that side as well as the backside of the drive-thru. Seems strange not to have a camera near the main entrance.

Has it been established that there are not cameras on the St. Landry side of the LCG building? There are a couple entrances on that side as well as the backside of the drive-thru. Seems strange not to have a camera near the main entrance.

Trees on the other side of the street, trees on the next property on the same side of the street. A person on foot or on a bike doesn't need as much cover as a huge white truck.

Alright, for argument's sake.

Let's say the truck hit her and fled the scene.

What if the wrong kind of someone came along and picked her/the bike up?

Then we've got nothing. If this truck does come forward, he's going to be charged with more than just hit and run, DUI.

LE is not going to accept "I hit her and left."

LE will probably accept "I hit and killed her."

I still think the hit and run thing is the last thing that could have happened...

S/he couldnt be charged with DUI since it's been 17days- no proof.

I can't imagine she was hit by one person then abducted by another.

Going back to the bike a sec. Maybe the hand grips were removed because they thought that would make it look like any other black bike? Maybe they didn't think the bike and the hand grips would end up in the same place (presuming the bike was put in further up) or thought the grips would end up somewhere else. I've never seen a bike with gold handgrips, maybe they thought without them no one would know it was her bike in the event of it being found.

That's awful slow... 17 days and counting.... :waitasec:

firstly, i didn't say they have not been checking other homes/businesses all this time. I said they just came to me today. Personally, I'm glad to know they are looking into every avenue...even if it's not the time frame we would like.

the whole point of my post was...at least we know they are out there going door to door...actually doing something.

WTF!!!

She was heading to Johnston St. for Christ sakes. Anyone with a brain can see this. I can't believe what I'm reading.

On the other hand, I've been whispering "Brashear" for a week.

When someone's singularly focused, sometimes they can't look past a single goal.

I dont even recall. I was busy looking for cameras. Shirt and jeans? Dark hair, scruffy 5 o'clock shadow. Unless you're a woman, in which case I doubt you're very scruffy

No & yes.

Fancy sleuthin' there, Tex. :dance:

firstly, i didn't say they have not been checking other homes/businesses all this time. I said they just came to me today. Personally, I'm glad to know they are looking into every avenue...even if it's not the time frame you would like.

the whole point of my post was...at least we know they are out there going door to door...actually doing something.

I think it was subsequently established that some possibilities had been overlooked.

We might not have known that if you hadn't mentioned it, so thanks!

They REALLY need to focus on people Mickey knew due to being involved with horses. I feel like some older pervert had a crush on her and she would not give them the time of day. I also feel like he stalked her for a while (several weeks) before he got up the courage to make his move. I think he finally offered her a ride and she may have refused and he then forced her into the truck. If he lives out in the middle of nowhere, she could very well still be alive as he might feel she is all his now.

So youre apparently off somewhere dancing for other cars since you had to ask to make sure it was me. :D

I had a man jumping around in the street

Did you ask him where he was on the night of May 19th/early hours of may 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne