LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so related but not specific to the case: So if I was wanting to put cameras outside of my house, what do I look into getting? Would something like this work?

http://www.x10.com/promotions/airsight_wireless_ip_camera.html?YBINT

I'm just sitting here thinking yanno if something like this were to happen in my neighborhood I would want to be the person that had the camera that could help. Not to mention it will help with our own security around our own house.

OT - I don't know where you are, but my cable company offers security packages with video monitoring.
http://www.comcast.com/homesecurity...631-VQ2-g-VQ3--VQ6-22226142945&iq_id=47323631

Actually looks more like a generic cross (not the WCC one) with the sort of flared out tips (you can see the uniform pixels in the image). But the diamond shaped design around it makes me wonder if that's the reflection of the traffic sign right next to it

http://i.imgur.com/QVCJF.jpg

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/images/D/SYM_cross2.jpg Like this

hmm what if it's not an emblem but instead a gun rack?
standard.jpg

OT - I don't know where you are, but my cable company offers security packages with video monitoring.
http://www.comcast.com/homesecurity...631-VQ2-g-VQ3--VQ6-22226142945&iq_id=47323631

We are with at&t uverse and I haven't been offered that as an upsell so I'm assuming that they don't offer it. *laugh* (As they have tried to sell me everything else that they DO offer like 50 times each!)

I think I'd rather do something on my own anyway - more control and then it's not something that people really know about. hmmm must research! :)

there is a driveway between the offices on st Mary that connects to the parking tower of olol. That would be a shortcut.

Good catch. I see it. It doesn't have a name, it's just an access driveway?

Actually looks more like a generic cross (not the WCC one) with the sort of flared out tips (you can see the uniform pixels in the image). But the diamond shaped design around it makes me wonder if that's the reflection of the traffic sign right next to it

http://i.imgur.com/QVCJF.jpg

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/images/D/SYM_cross2.jpg Like this

I agree ACI... for as much as I "want" it to be WCC...I think the "fan blades" are not flared out. You people have done a great job finding possible solutions! Interesting idea ACI, that it might be the reflection of the traffic sign. Anyone remember what that sign looks like, from seeing it or from the video someone so graciously provided when they drove it?

I still don't understand how business or homeowners could have missed the call to examine their footage, unless they're summering in Switzerland.

I could understand if they lived two towns over or something but not in the direct vicinity from where Mickey disappeared.

Plus I don't know how someone like A.C.I can go up to someone's house, knock on their door, and get permission to look at their video. Wouldn't he have to get LE in on it to do that? What I mean is, how do the homeowners know that anyone of us, who knock on their door, isn't a bad guy?

Don't open your door to strangers.

What initially led Mickey to buy her own can of mace? Was this something done simply because she started riding her bike around later or was there some seemingly insignificant event that made her go out and purchase her own? I am just wondering because if she had already been riding her bike and then bought the can did something remind her to watch out while she was out riding alone late night? Our instincts are always right.

I agree ACI... for as much as I "want" it to be WCC...I think the "fan blades" are not flared out. You people have done a great job finding possible solutions! Interesting idea ACI, that it might be the reflection of the traffic sign. Anyone remember what that sign looks like, from seeing it or from the video someone so graciously provided when they drove it?

I know this is outside the box thinking...and maybe it's just stuck in my head from a few days ago when I believe another poster suggested this...but to me I see a dog's face in that backseat. (And yes, now I feel like the crazy who sees something way off in the Rorschach tests). Just thought I'd throw out another opinion :)

I could understand if they lived two towns over or something but not in the direct vicinity from where Mickey disappeared.

Plus I don't know how someone like A.C.I can go up to someone's house, knock on their door, and get permission to look at their video. Wouldn't he have to get LE in on it to do that? What I mean is, how do the homeowners know that anyone of us, who knock on their door, isn't a bad guy?

They may volunteer information, but surely they are not under any obligation to help a P.I. Of course, if a P.I. suspects something, he can take it to LE.

I think it is going to be someone she knew... she stopped at somebody's house and something bad happened (intentional or unintentional). The individual took the handle bars off of the bike in order to fit it into the trunk of a car. The damage to the rear tire ocurred while trying to close the trunk lid in a rush in the dark of night. Is there a residential area around where she was last spotted?

What initially led Mickey to buy her own can of mace? Was this something done simply because she started riding her bike around later or was there some seemingly insignificant event that made her go out and purchase her own? I am just wondering because if she had already been riding her bike and then bought the can did something remind her to watch out while she was out riding alone late night? Our instincts are always right.

A lot of people carry such things in case they run into or get chased by an ill-tempered dog.

What if the truck isn't involved? Say it belongs to a teenager who is just scared of the law in general or was not supposed to be out that late on that night. then what? I keep thinking we are all so focused on this truck and maybe are missing something else. I do believe this was a kidnapping, and I can't decide if I think it was planned beforehand or just an opportunistic crime. Thanks to all who are posting maps and pictures. It makes things easier to follow.

I think it is going to be someone she knew... she stopped at somebody's house and something bad happened (intentional or unintentional). The individual took the handle bars off of the bike in order to fit it into the trunk of a car. The damage to the rear tire ocurred while trying to close the trunk lid in a rush in the dark of night. Is there a residential area around where she was last spotted?

Yes, just past where the cameras see, there are private residences.

Because I have a bright and shiny badge and ID :D

And because most people want to help. They would kind of look like an ******* if they said "No". "No you CANNOT try to find that missing girl by looking through my video which may contain evidence!" *slams door*

And Im not just banging on doors telling people to show me their security tapes. I do this for a living after all, and know how to approach people with a little tact. ;)

What if the truck isn't involved? Say it belongs to a teenager who is just scared of the law in general or was not supposed to be out that late on that night. then what? I keep thinking we are all so focused on this truck and maybe are missing something else. I do believe this was a kidnapping, and I can't decide if I think it was planned beforehand or just an opportunistic crime. Thanks to all who are posting maps and pictures. It makes things easier to follow.

The truck not being involved is a definite possibility. In my mind, it's actually probable.

I'm still open to any theories, but can't help but think that a planned abduction scenario in which Mickey Shunick was specifically targeted is the least likely of all of them.

Making efforts to kidnap one specific person who just happens to be on an unplanned route at an unplanned time in an unplanned place, restraining this person, and then removing a bike for good measure seems like far too much of a stretch. If Shunick WAS abducted, I'd be willing to bet it was random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx