LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The driver may have been braking or going slow enough that she was not thrown. Really, we're gonna debate asphalt? When was it laid? The last asphalt that I felt that wasn't fresh was pretty darn hard. The key is in the exact times of those two images. The background of the Circle K with the car at the gas pump in those images are practically exact.

A car sitting at a gas pump could be sitting there several minutes. Longer if the driver is chattin' it up with the clerk.

how do y'all know that the perps come on here? that freaks me out. is that really true?

She was out with a number of friends. Don't you think they would notice how she was dressed?

I don't think anyone doubted them remembering what she was wearing so much as not being sure she had been correctly ID'd on the still pics riding the bike. BUT, they ID'ed her from the video, not the bike and were absolutely certain it was her.

Since this keeps coming up, despite the statements of mods, would somebody do me the favor of telling me how the sister of a missing person is supposed to be acting? I'm not familiar with the behaviors that are normal/required, and so it would help me expand my knowledge base.

I don't want to discuss Charlie. So how is a sister in this situation supposed to be acting, on the news, on the front page, the public face, devastated parents?

What is the normal set of behaviors?

There is no normal in a situation such as this!

Oh just in reply to a newbie/potential volunteer who wanted info about searching. She said that hopefully Mickey would be found by Thursday but if not, searches would continue as planned. I took it as her being optimistic, but I know that if they did recently get some info on a lead, that would make them optimistic. Also, they would not be able to discuss it at length. So after seeing that the other nonprofit was coming, joined by TES, with cadaver dogs, I was thinking maybe there had been some newly undisclosed developments which would warrant the other team coming as well as TES returning.

p.s. no margins ever blown for me :)

that's what i'm thinking. they've got something new. AMEN!!! Bring her home TES!!

The driver may have been braking or going slow enough that she was not thrown. Really, we're gonna debate asphalt? When was it laid? The last asphalt that I felt that wasn't fresh was pretty darn hard. The key is in the exact times of those two images. The background of the Circle K with the car at the gas pump in those images are practically exact.

The road work sign was still there. The asphalt was laid in the last couple days.

Not one tiny scrape on it? Well, I suppose it's possible. But the supposed "rundown" shows the bike on its side all the way up under the bumper, with "bike" and "rider" fully under the front of the truck. So I guess she's all the way up under the front, basically the bike's almost in contact with the RF tire, but the truck just happens to be caught at the exact moment it stopped moving forward? She's that far under that the oil pan AND the skid plate that I think Z71s have, but neither those nor the frame touched her hard enough to press down on the bike with enough forward force to drag a single metal part forward hard enough to make a scratch. I suppose it's possible... but it seems to me to be a heck of a miraculous, low-percentage physics play.

No she wasn't. That's the last released image of her.

I humbly disagree. The truck would have to drop from the sky at the exact same moment, because of her location. No? IMO

images
images

I humbly disagree. The truck would have to drop from the sky at the exact same moment, because of her location. No? IMO

images
images

Ita. There is no Mickey under that truck. IMO of course.

I've been reading to see if it's even possible to be hit and a body to go under a truck or car, not that I believe that it happened in Mickey's case but here is a story that will make you at least think that it could happen.

SIOUX CITY, IA -
An update on a bicyclist who was hit and dragged more than 100 feet by a truck in Sioux City is an incredible tale of survival.

After weeks of surgery in a Minneapolis hospital, Monday Billy Kammerer was back in Sioux City.

William Kammerer is very sore, but says he's glad to be back in Sioux City and seeing his girlfriend for the first time in 3 weeks.
<modsnip>
http://www.kmeg.com/story/18578208/bicyclist-hit-dragged-by-truck-back-in-sioux-city

I am a member of TES. The last call I received from them was on May 31. I can't remember which calls were which ,but they called twice on May 31, and I believe this was about a missing person in Pearland, TX.

I'm not sure how they do their notifications, if they only call people within a certain area to search for someone, but I haven't gotten anymore calls about missing people since the 31st.

I lived in Houston at the time that I became a member (moved up north within the last couple weeks), and got all the calls about Mickey, even though Lafayette was 4 hours way. I've never gotten a call about anyone furthe than that, but they might have called other members who were closer to search in Mississippi.

ETA: Once they started the initial search for Mickey, I did not receive anymore calls about her. We got a call initially to be on standby, then at least one other call to meet for the search and to notify the organizer if we would be participating. They do not call every single day of a search, at least not this time. I think they assumed that all of the members and volunteers who were going to participate would show up in Lafayette for the first day and stay there. If they are going back after leaving, I have not heard anything about it, but again they may not be making anymore calls for members and volunteers and may just be sticking to the initial group who showed up and giving out their info in person or through the website.
Did you go to Lafayette, goldie?

images
images
IF I've been following correctly, those photos are supposedly 1 minute apart...1:47 and 1:48...

Mickey used to cut across a hospital driveway and trespass when coming up from St.Mary from the college area onto WB St. Landry... one guard stopped her and told her how unsafe it was to be out there at night, but she sassed the guard, "if it's so unsafe, then what are YOU doing out here at 2 a.m.?." Guard replies... "honey, we can go inside if we need to.." Mickey blew it off, "Whatever, " and rode away.

Guard is broken up about it.. wishing she could have convinced Mickey to stop doing it. As soon as they heard she was missing, the guards searched the towers up and down and swarms of Mickey's friends showed up and then the police showed up with dogs and even Segways for the parking structures, and searched every inch of Lourdes property.

what about the coulee/drainage that runs under the tower and parking lot? Do you know if that was searched or if it's even accessible?

how do y'all know that the perps come on here? that freaks me out. is that really true?

Since this is public would not be surprised at all. During the Laci Peterson case we had a member whose sister was one of the Da on the case. We were told she read her often on that case. Which was strange in itself.

The road work sign was still there. The asphalt was laid in the last couple days.

Not one tiny scrape on it? Well, I suppose it's possible. But the supposed "rundown" shows the bike on its side all the way up under the bumper, with "bike" and "rider" fully under the front of the truck. So I guess she's all the way up under the front, basically the bike's almost in contact with the RF tire, but the truck just happens to be caught at the exact moment it stopped moving forward? She's that far under that the oil pan AND the skid plate that I think Z71s have, but neither those nor the frame touched her hard enough to press down on the bike with enough forward force to drag a single metal part forward hard enough to make a scratch. I suppose it's possible... but it seems to me to be a heck of a miraculous, low-percentage physics play.

The asphalt was laid before MS was missing?

To stay on the safe side, keep images under 800px. That seems to work for everyone. An image over 800px should be uploaded as an attachment. It will show as a thumbnail to your post, and open in a new window when a reader clicks on it. This gives you the ability to add much larger photos.

Anyone who needs help with adding attachments to their posts can pm me or another mod and we'll be more than happy to help you.

I'm going to remove some of the posts on this subject now.

ETA: As we've seen here, what works on some devices doesn't work well on others. If you ever experience blown margins, please alert on the post right away. A mod will come along and fix it. No need to discuss it on the thread. Wait at least 15-20 minutes, and if the problem hasn't been repaired, go ahead and alert a second time. One of us will get to it as soon as we can.

Maybe so. Again, I respectfully disagree. I truly hope that what I believe happened didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member