LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like I'm watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off trying to follow Mickey's case.

Economics Teacher: [takes attendance] Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Teacher: Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ferris_Bueller's_Day_Off

Agreed. that's what you get with little big town Louisiana. Kind of like the rumors that circulated with Hurricane Katrina.

Unless the truck has nothing to do with it and it is some worker who is a hundred miles away right now working a job and the real vehicle that "got" her was something other than a white truck.

Sorry, I am just not letting go of the fact that there may be something other than the white truck involved here, ha ha.

Me. Neither.

Why would a drunk driver stop to pick up a bike and body? If he's drunk, hits someone, just keep going if nobody is around. UNLESS, she was not knocked out or dead.....then the drunk might be worried that she could ID the truck and plate number if he just left her there, injured.

Not that it happened BUT if she was UNDER his vehicle would he have a choice?(to stop or not)
Once he pulls her out then what? Leaves his finger prints on her? Touch DNA? Transfer?

Well, let's don't discriminate against fraternity guys; could have been a sorority gal that was texting.

True. However, I was just thinking someone might have been heading to the fraternity houses since they are lived in/accessible at all hours vs. the sorority houses which are not lived in at UL.

I apologize in advance if you've answered this. I'm struggling to stay afloat through all the posts. ---> I have to work sometimes or they'll take my truck and laptop (and paycheck) away..

Which camera is being referred to here:

But back to you, Chief Craft. What about other businesses or residences that she would have gone past on her bike on the drive home? Do they have surveillance video? Because my sources are telling me there was a surveillance video where somebody goes by on a bicycle. You can`t tell if it`s a man or a woman. Do we know what time that was?

CRAFT: No, we don`t know what time it was, and the video is such a poor quality because a lot of these cameras are actually located inside of businesses for the purpose of videoing inside the business, and so they might catch something on the outside but...

GRACE: Well, Chief, what I don`t understand why we don`t know what time it was because, I mean, the fact that somebody is going by on a bike at, say, 1:45 when she`s missing at 2:00 could have establish that she had made it that far, Chief Craft.

CRAFT: Well, in that particular video, though, the time was noted to be off in the business. So we can get it down to about within an hour, but that`s about the best we can do on that.

source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

Ya know, THIS is not at all encouraging to me. 1 hour means a whole lot!

Given the appearance she may have been stopped and looking at or even speking to someone in car in the first video, I'm leaning more toward identifying the car in the first video vs. the truck that passed about a minute after MS in the Circle K video.

Do you see her leaning or pulled to one side of the bike in the picture? I really haven't been able to see much in the pictures but I know others have. gngr~snap brought up a very good point that she was likely on her tippy toes rather than securely on the ground, and I know from experience and research that bikes aren't designed to allow flat footed stopping if utilized properly (links posted in previous post).

For those of you digging into the pictures and thinking she may have been stopped, I really think this angle needs exploring.

Been researching abductions of bicyclists, after someone posted of a case in Hawaii. With the exception of quite a few child abductions while riding bikes. I could not find any prior abduction cases of adult bicyclist in the Continental United States.
Could Mickey Schunick's abduction be attributed to a gang-initiation ritual?

BW has described them as "Peter Pan boots." If they're anything like my own boots that I've nicknamed the same way, I understand this to mean flat boots... wouldn't have much effect on her stability.

But not optimal bike riding apparel, maybe. Slip off the pedals a little more easily.

Vulnerability, not stability.

Oh, hell...I'm not even sure what day it is.

I can see everyone cares very much about Micky and want to help in whatever way they can. BUT - if it was a hit and run, why would the driver stash Micky and the bike in the vehicle? It is a hit and RUN - as in LEAVE as fast as you can. As for the pictures, Micky is not under, over or inside the truck. If she was LE would know it. They have access to much more sophisticated equipment than we do and they would not put a picture containing this type of view out their for the public to view. Additionally, Micky was not a novice bike rider so I'm sure she is not standing, texting, resting, or talking on the phone in the middle of the road. If she wanted to do one of these things, she would pull to the side. The girl was not stupid - she apparently was an intelligent human being. Whether the truck has anything to do with her disappearance or not - IDK. I just think we need to give the girl some credit and use our common sense.

I'm obviously getting frustrated - so maybe it's time to hang it up for the night. :)

I can see everyone cares very much about Micky and want to help in whatever way they can. BUT - if it was a hit and run, why would the driver stash Micky and the bike in the vehicle? It is a hit and RUN - as in LEAVE as fast as you can. As for the pictures, Micky is not under, over or inside the truck. If she was LE would know it. They have access to much more sophisticated equipment than we do and they would not put a picture containing this type of view out their for the public to view. Additionally, Micky was a novice bike rider so I'm sure she is not standing, texting, resting, or talking on the phone in the middle of the road. If she wanted to do one of these things, she would pull to the side. The girl was not stupid - she apparently was an intelligent human being. Whether the truck has anything to do with her disappearance or not - IDK. I just think we need to give the girl some credit and use our common sense.

I'm obviously getting frustrated - so maybe it's time to hang it up for the night. :)

You know what, I used to think it was a hit and run, now, I'm more thinking a bump to knock her off the bike to take her. MOO

They're probably tight lipped also because that dept cannot risk anything going wrong, or anyone knowing if it does. They are involved in litigation that has brought about some serious inquiries (all public court records) into the LE dept and LCG.

For clarity: That's not to say that the investigation is not being handled well. I don't have enough info to make that determination. But..you can be certain that they will not willingly take another blow. Their image (and more) would hang in the balance. All efforts will be made to shine if possible, which is why unexplainable oddities occur, like LCG's Chief Administrative Officer present during a night time dive search two parishes away.

Some of us were distressed about what appears to be a seventeen day delay in hunting down surveillance footage. Including some locals.

Balls of Confusion. [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterhutchins/2731726618/sizes/z/in/photostream/"]All sizes | Love & Rockets | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Goodnight all. :seeya: Hoping the two agencies coming tomorrow will be fruitful in bringing Mikey home.

I can see everyone cares very much about Micky and want to help in whatever way they can. BUT - if it was a hit and run, why would the driver stash Micky and the bike in the vehicle? It is a hit and RUN - as in LEAVE as fast as you can. As for the pictures, Micky is not under, over or inside the truck. If she was LE would know it. They have access to much more sophisticated equipment than we do and they would not put a picture containing this type of view out their for the public to view. Additionally, Micky was a novice bike rider so I'm sure she is not standing, texting, resting, or talking on the phone in the middle of the road. If she wanted to do one of these things, she would pull to the side. The girl was not stupid - she apparently was an intelligent human being. Whether the truck has anything to do with her disappearance or not - IDK. I just think we need to give the girl some credit and use our common sense.

If I can add one more reason on why MS is not under, over or inside the truck...There would have to be some noticeable forward movement. In this instance, from the point where MS was seen to the area being discussed, there is negligible to no forward movement from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconman