LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way behind but wanted to jump in about MS getting in a car. I'm 38 now and look back on all of the really stupid and dangerous things I did at that age. You think you are invinsable aspecially if you have never had anything bad affect your life before. I sort of lived in a fairytale world and the thought of something like this happening never once crossed my mind. Now I am the total opposite and my son is lucky he is allowed to leave the house ever.

Brashear, St. John, Cherry, St. Mary and a several parts of Johnston past Mels Diner and along the recommended bike route home including: Idlewood, Maple dr and Bonaire.
Them not bothering to check these areas leads me to believe they know she continued down St. Landry towards coliseum.

Oh, no. I drove on Coliseum to Souvenier Gate today in broad day light and was struck by how isolated and desolate it gets. Not good news, in my opinion....and would explain no one seeing or hearing anything in the neighborhood nearby. Also makes me feel like it was less likely that it was an accident and that some sicko saw her on St. Landry (or maybe even before) and followed her; when he saw her turn on Coliseum, he saw an opportunity....

Hoping Mickey comes home soon. Like now.

Brashear, St. John, Cherry, St. Mary and a several parts of Johnston past Mels Diner and along the recommended bike route home including: Idlewood, Maple dr and Bonaire.
Them not bothering to check these areas leads me to believe they know she continued down St. Landry towards coliseum.

Then how the hell pray tell did she escape the camera at 216 Landry? Or are you saying that she went down Brashear and onto another street then back onto Landry?

...I'm also chuckling because apparently I moved away from peaceful happy Lafayette and INTO the cause of all of Lafayette's problems.

Indeed. Not to mention that Shunick herself was planning to do the same thing.

On the same topic, people might be interested to know that New Orleans current population is 87.5% of what it was before the federal flood. That's not to say that 87.5% of the previous population has returned, but the city must be doing something right for all of those people to want to live here:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18675483/new-orleans-metro-area-population-at-875-of-pre-katrina-level

Thanks. I've read at least a few posts by locals (after the surveillance pics were released) who have seen what look like police searches along that route.

and you would be looking for a vehicle with hood damage or a cracked windshield

Not nessesarily. I had a Chevy (same body style as in the photos) truck run into the side of my car one time. Destroyed my car, it was totaled. The only sign of damage on the truck was a tiny scuff of gray paint on the bumper. Next time I saw him, the scuff of paint was buffed out. You would never know that he had destroyed my brand new BMW.

snipped:
I've been hoping since the get-go that wasn't the route she took ... worst possible scenario IMO. Very isolated stretch.

Good point...I think this is a sick individual that is fascinated by the DTL story as well as the Jennings disappearances...

I agree. I may prove to be wrong, but I've thought since the bike was found at Whiskey Bay that the connection to DTL is hard to ignore. Also hard to ignore the fact that Mickey, while blonde (most of DTL's were brunettes, except Pace), would have fit the profile of a DTL victim. He chose intelligent, strong, pretty women, then took advantage of a weakness in their daily routine. This may all be coincidence, it would be better for everyone if it was. Especially Mickey, wherever she is right now.

The how the hell pray tell did she escape the camera at 216 Landry? Or are you saying that she went down Brashear and onto another street then back onto Landry?

I can run a little with that. Say getting past the government building & the bright lights at Circle K, time to take a little self med time and since it's illegal, ducked down to toke, then returned to Landry & continued. Just a scenario where it could make sense to me. Best medicine for nausea & many ailments used to be in the doctor's bag before 1937 but pharmaceutical companies can not make money off a plant.

If you take a left onto St. Julien from St Landry that would be right on the side of the old OLOL hospital parking lot. St. Julien would take you to Johnston and there is no tattoo parlor there.

St. Julien intersects Johnston Street right by a gas station. Across Johnston is a used car lot, and behind that is where we used to play flag football.

...bike was dumped in order to create the connection to DTL in local minds and misdirect LE into thinking whoever dumped it did so on the way out of town.

I really don't know if the location has anything to do with DTL. I have a bunch of sons, ranging in age from 40 down to 21......most of them recognize DTL's name, but do not remember the particulars of the case.

I think the Whiskey Bay exit is well known to sportsmen around here, the whole basin area is known to hunters and fisherman, and it's lonely, dark, AND easy to get to.

The how the hell pray tell did she escape the camera at 216 Landry? Or are you saying that she went down Brashear and onto another street then back onto Landry?

She could have cut through to Azalea. She would not have been headed to Johnston Street if she turned that way, but she would have been headed more directly to the Cajun Dome.

I have personally observed two searches by LE at or near the Cajun Dome, and one up near Johnston behind the Coliseum.

I hope and PRAY that LE knows more than we do and that is why certain cameras were not searched.

Have we ever difinitively learned that the camera at 216 is a continual video?

snipped:

I've been hoping since the get-go that wasn't the route she took ... worst possible scenario IMO. Very isolated stretch.

Yep. I agree.

I can run a little with that. Say getting past the government building & the bright lights at Circle K, time to take a little self med time and since it's illegal, ducked down to toke, then returned to Landry & continued. Just a scenario where it could make sense to me. Best medicine for nausea & many ailments used to be in the doctor's bag before 1937 but pharmaceutical companies can not make money off a plant.

Ya know, I've concidered that, I just can't see her doing that after she passed all those bright lights, that's putting herself in such danger. She was even warned by the woman security guard, (per ChickenFried) about riding her bike on private property of the Hospital grounds. Would she really stop in an isolated area to take a toke?

snipped:

In general though the deserted routes are far safer for cyclists to take because the greatest danger a cyclist faces is from cars/traffic accidents. Now at night that can change somewhat because dark areas can have road hazards like potholes you can't see like you can during the day, but in general it's the smart thing to do to bike in areas with fewer cars.

Then how the hell pray tell did she escape the camera at 216 Landry? Or are you saying that she went down Brashear and onto another street then back onto Landry?
I'm still bleeding from the ears & now I have a headache.
Chicken & ACI: cameras?? Past 216 or not?
St Landry continuation or not?
Johnston st past Coliseum? To Mel's & beyond? Cameras at Marcello's? Too far? Going in circles......this no info is maddening. Conjecture is maddening. I can't think clearly.
Somebody please bring this baby home !!! Lighting St Jude candle again. To you Nolas,from Our Lady of Guadeloupe...

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members