LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also the house one spot over from the pizza place on st. landry that had a for sale sign and recently the sign went down. It has just looked deserted for the longest time.
What pizza place on St Landry? Lol; every other house is for sale on the Northshore...seems like LA is heavily rearranging itself after the banking collapse.

Wow that sounds bad. From what I have seen in news footage from Mickey's search, it looks so nice and friendly.

I just checked the crime rate for my 'Shire (I'm not a hobbit!) here in England:

69 crimes per 100,000 in 2010-2011. (Population ~ 1 million)

It does sound bad! I wouldn't have thought it was worse there than NYC?!

A.C.I. any development with law office on parkside? Did you happen to notice the house next door to it that has a "beware of dog' sign; it looks uninhabited. I get the heebie jeebies pondering if someone could have holed up there for months without anyone knowing; all the while planning this operation to wait for an opportunity on parkside. makes me sick to think about it. I think you should check what is going on in that house. IYKWIM...

No cameras. :( You disappeared yesterday so I couldnt tell you. The law office across the street however has a ton of cameras. They were closed yesterday. Waiting on a call back

What pizza place on St Landry. Lol; every other house is for sale on the Northshore...seems like LA is heavily rearranging itself after the banking collapse.

The only pizza place I can think of would be Pizza Hut?

Northshore = Northside??

Then how the hell pray tell did she escape the camera at 216 Landry? Or are you saying that she went down Brashear and onto another street then back onto Landry?
Why the h.... would MS alter her route at 2 am in the middle of the night to go down coliseum when she usually takes a left at St Julien? I can only think the PERP went with her; otherwise she would not have altered her route like that. anyone agree?

Every truck my dad ever had for his business (South of Lafayette) was a 4-door/dually. b

Now let's look at the *violent* crime stats. I don't have the stats handy at the moment, but...

...Therein lies the real picture...

Anyone?

But A.C.I. found some new info today that suggest she just may have gone down toward Coliseum. A few pages back.

Also while I was out there last night I saw multiple lone bikers taking that exact route. Thats apparently the popular way to go

We're still trying to absorb a big dose of the worst side of New Orleans, since Katrina.

Before Katrina, I didn't see nearly as much open disrespectful bad behavior... and I remember clearly when the flood of refugees came it,,,, and how you could pick them out by all the loud swearing and uncivilized behavior in stores, etc.

We got an injection from NOLA and the body is still trying to fight it off.

The change was IMMEDIATE, as soon as the Katrina folks entered the high schools. Gang grafitti on the walls, gang colors, police patrols where before there were none -- on campuses. The change brought to Lafayette was huge.

I feel the area Mickey was biking had become notably unsafe, and it was allowed to slide, and so here we are.

GEEZ LOUISE!!! There was a sinister undercurrent to this conversation that finally reared its head:
- New Orleans is full of thugs.
- Katrina sent those thugs to Lafayette.
- Those thugs weren't dealt with by the local police.
- Because of that, something happened to Mickey.
Consequently, New Orleans is to blame for Mickey's disappearance?

I have nothing but appreciation for the hard work and positivity of the posters in this forum. What I've seen here has helped me cope with a tragedy surrounding someone I don't know, but who I am connected to in several ways. Without the sense of forward progress I got from these discussions, I'd probably be under my blankets right now.

You all are smart people. There's some truth to what you're saying. But the issues you all are speaking of are much more complicated than you are acknowledging. I am a lifelong New Orleans resident, married to another lifelong New Orleans resident, who has never committed a violent act and is NOT an exception because of that fact.

This discussion is off-task for the thread, prejudiced, and--in my opinion--damaging to the good work we've done.

Lafayette has problems. New Orleans has problems. Some politicians are corrupt. Many mistakes have been made. The problems have gotten worse in some ways. But the root of these issues cannot be reduced to one thing, and I think you all know that.

I'm in favor of setting aside ALL big city vs. small town pettiness until Mickey is brought home or until another forum is created for us to have it out. We're better than this.

Not nessesarily. I had a Chevy (same body style as in the photos) truck run into the side of my car one time. Destroyed my car, it was totaled. The only sign of damage on the truck was a tiny scuff of gray paint on the bumper. Next time I saw him, the scuff of paint was buffed out. You would never know that he had destroyed my brand new BMW.
FWIWorth, My car was also t-boned and totalled by a delivery truck that did not get a scratch on it.

Why the h.... would MS alter her route at 2 am in the middle of the night to go down coliseum when she usually takes a left at St Julien? I can only think the PERP went with her; otherwise she would not have altered her route like that. anyone agree?

Perhaps she saw something disconcerting on St. Julien?

Wow that sounds bad. From what I have seen in news footage from Mickey's search, it looks so nice and friendly.

I just checked the crime rate for my 'Shire (I'm not a hobbit!) here in England:

69 crimes per 100,000 in 2010-2011. (Population ~ 1 million)
Can I move there? I'll cook?!

I agree. I may prove to be wrong, but I've thought since the bike was found at Whiskey Bay that the connection to DTL is hard to ignore. Also hard to ignore the fact that Mickey, while blonde (most of DTL's were brunettes, except Pace), would have fit the profile of a DTL victim. He chose intelligent, strong, pretty women, then took advantage of a weakness in their daily routine. This may all be coincidence, it would be better for everyone if it was. Especially Mickey, wherever she is right now.
Has the Jennings PERP been found? or is "it' on the loose? mild freak out I come here for safety just to let people know I am alive. For that reason alone, I should verify myself and tell ADMIN my real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne