LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the Jennings PERP been found? or is "it' on the loose? mild freak out I come here for safety just to let people know I am alive. For that reason alone, I should verify myself and tell ADMIN my real name.
I really don't think this is the place to do that, nor a reason to verify yourself. Perhaps there are others you can contact.

St. Julien intersects Johnston Street right by a gas station. Across Johnston is a used car lot, and behind that is where we used to play flag football.

I really don't know if the location has anything to do with DTL. I have a bunch of sons, ranging in age from 40 down to 21......most of them recognize DTL's name, but do not remember the particulars of the case.

I think the Whiskey Bay exit is well known to sportsmen around here, the whole basin area is known to hunters and fisherman, and it's lonely, dark, AND easy to get to.

She could have cut through to Azalea. She would not have been headed to Johnston Street if she turned that way, but she would have been headed more directly to the Cajun Dome.

I have personally observed two searches by LE at or near the Cajun Dome, and one up near Johnston behind the Coliseum.

I hope and PRAY that LE knows more than we do and that is why certain cameras were not searched.

Have we ever difinitively learned that the camera at 216 is a continual video?
AND THE PEOPLE AT THAT GAS STATION ARE Weird. I hafta say I avoid going to that gas station because I feel like half the employees are ex-cons. JUST IMHO.

GEEZ LOUISE!!! There was a sinister undercurrent to this conversation that finally reared its head:
- New Orleans is full of thugs.
- Katrina sent those thugs to Lafayette.
- Those thugs weren't dealt with by the local police.
- Because of that, something happened to Mickey.
Consequently, New Orleans is to blame for Mickey's disappearance?

I have nothing but appreciation for the hard work and positivity of the posters in this forum. What I've seen here has helped me cope with a tragedy surrounding someone I don't know, but who I am connected to in several ways. Without the sense of forward progress I got from these discussions, I'd probably be under my blankets right now.

You all are smart people. There's some truth to what you're saying. But the issues you all are speaking of are much more complicated than you are acknowledging. I am a lifelong New Orleans resident, married to another lifelong New Orleans resident, who has never committed a violent act and is NOT an exception because of that fact.

This discussion is off-task for the thread, prejudiced, and--in my opinion--damaging to the good work we've done.

Lafayette has problems. New Orleans has problems. Some politicians are corrupt. Many mistakes have been made. The problems have gotten worse in some ways. But the root of these issues cannot be reduced to one thing, and I think you all know that.

I'm in favor of setting aside ALL big city vs. small town pettiness until Mickey is brought home or until another forum is created for us to have it out. We're better than this.

Speaking the truth about the situation is Lafayette may be off-task but I don't see how it is prejudiced or damaging to the work I have seen accomplished here.

So probably not patchy reception.

Thanks

No, not spotty reception at all. Even if she was taken north of Lafayette to around Ville Platte or something, I've even had decent coverage there. Did have some issues with my data availability at Chicot State Park, but that is very out of the way. If the perp took her there, he would have no trouble hiding her in one of their cabins. Very good reception in and around BR area as well. I have better coverage in rural areas with Verizon than my husband does with AT&T.

Has the Jennings PERP been found? or is "it' on the loose? mild freak out I come here for safety just to let people know I am alive. For that reason alone, I should verify myself and tell ADMIN my real name.
I'll speak to this quickly: no & no & nobody talks about unless asked & over 1/2 won't answer.

raising hand.....whats a DTL? :/

A monster who killed a lot of women over a fair period of time, Derrick Todd Lee, AKA Baton Rouge Serial Killer. Dumped two of the bodies at Whiskey Bay, he lived in St. Francisville.

I have alluded to this in my prior posts but I'm hesitant to go there because it's rumor so I'll give my opinion and let you guys figure out the rest...

I've always thought it peculiar that LE has not released the surveillance videos. None. Only a few screen shots. And not even more than one from each camera. In one instance, with the older car and the LCG camera, LE didn't release any photo of it from there. I asked why on this forum. Someone suggested that it could be because the video would identify a particular detail of the truck which LE does not want publicized b/c the perp could change it on the truck.

Today I suggested shots from the 213 St. Landry were not released (if they existed) because of a marking on the rear window (which some here think they see in the LCG photo.

I would venture to "guess" there are other photos which LE, for whatever reason, is not making public. Even as far down Congress near Adrien's Supermarket. Why LE is may not be disclosing this is beyond me.

One possibility is that LE may have already honed in on their prime suspect, and they don't want to tip them off to that fact while they dutifully build their case against that person. That person would be under constant surveillance in the meantime while LE awaits that magic moment of having probable cause for arrest.

Of course that's sheer conjecture...and I could be way off on the matter.

No, not spotty reception at all. Even if she was taken north of Lafayette to around Ville Platte or something, I've even had decent coverage there. Did have some issues with my data availability at Chicot State Park, but that is very out of the way. If the perp took her there, he would have no trouble hiding her in one of their cabins. Very good reception in and around BR area as well. I have better coverage in rural areas with Verizon than my husband does with AT&T.

I'm thinking the cell phone probably went in with the bike. He wouldn't want her to be able to get it and use it to call for help.

Shelly, there isn't someone out there in Lafayette, just randomly snatching young women off the street, this is someone, how can I say this, someone that she knew, someone that she had some connection to, maybe in a weird way that we can't see.

AND THE PEOPLE AT THAT GAS STATION ARE Weird. I hafta say I avoid going to that gas station because I feel like half the employees are ex-cons. JUST IMHO.

The Hit and Run? Weird, very much so but they are generally pretty nice as far as gas station attendants go. That guy with the strange combover has been there for nearly a decade...

Also, behind that and the firehouse is a dog park. Kinda shady at night, I'm pretty sure homeless people live there.

It says it was a tool Shop. I wondered why would anyone burglarize a shed then burn it. I'm afraid I can think of a reason someone might do it to a shop though.

Hmm. Might be just the way we talk around here. My hubby has a little building in the back yard that is wired for electricity. He stores all his tools in there, and he calls it his shop.

If she did continue down St. Landry all the way to Coliseum it's a strong possibility she may have made a right onto Coliseum and gone up by the Cajundome and then on up to Congress. That route would probably gotten her home quicker.

That would certainly seem very probable to me. As I've said before, I've seen LE out and about near the Cajun Dome twice, and once between the Coliseum and the Cajun Dome.

I have alluded to this in my prior posts but I'm hesitant to go there because it's rumor so I'll give my opinion and let you guys figure out the rest...

I've always thought it peculiar that LE has not released the surveillance videos. None. Only a few screen shots. And not even more than one from each camera. In one instance, with the older car and the LCG camera, LE didn't release any photo of it from there. I asked why on this forum. Someone suggested that it could be because the video would identify a particular detail of the truck which LE does not want publicized b/c the perp could change it on the truck.

Today I suggested shots from the 213 St. Landry were not released (if they existed) because of a marking on the rear window (which some here think they see in the LCG photo.

I would venture to "guess" there are other photos which LE, for whatever reason, is not making public. Even as far down Congress near Adrien's Supermarket. Why LE is may not be disclosing this is beyond me.

I definitely agree that LE is holding back some info. And I think they have other shots of the Chevy Z71.....they did go on record as saying that the last time they saw MICKEY was on the LCG camera, and they've never updated that. If there is video of her past that point, especially video that would firm up which route she took, then I'm going to be mad as hell. That would mean that LE deliberately let people search areas that they KNEW Mickey had made it safely past. For weeks. I don't think they'd do that, but as I have said before, I've been wrong before.

I hear you, Jefferson.

I can't get a clear identification on the truck. I've surmised, judging by the truckloads of trucks (ow) I've examined, that this is a 2009 - 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Short Cab LT. I've said this several times.

LE, TELL ME WHERE THE DECAL IS!

I subscribe to the Daily Advertiser, and I get these little emails with "exclusive for subscribers" news. I've copied and will paste a small portion of one of these "exclusives"

The white pickup seen on a surveillance video just after a missing UL student biked the same area has two distinguishing features: 18-inch alloy wheels and a Z71 sticker.

The problem for police, who would like to talk to the driver, is that a lot of trucks in the Acadiana area have the same identifying features.

The white, four-door Chevrolet Z71 pickup — captured by the City Hall surveillance camera facing St. Landry Street — can be seen crossing University Avenue at 1:48 a.m. May 19. The same video camera captured Michaela "Mickey" Shunick riding her bicycle alone down St. Landry Street heading toward St. Mary Boulevard a minute or so earlier. That is reportedly the last image of Shunick before she disappeared.

I would imagine the decal is on the rear side panels, just from my observation of many, many, Many Chevy Z71s.

Also this is the first TIME STAMP I've seen for the Chevy Z71.

I can't link to the article, if I find it in an "unexclusive" area of the paper, I'll come back and edit to include the link.

Why the h.... would MS alter her route at 2 am in the middle of the night to go down coliseum when she usually takes a left at St Julien? I can only think the PERP went with her; otherwise she would not have altered her route like that. anyone agree?

Wait just a minute. Where was it confirmed that she "usually takes a left at St Julien"? When you rode with me to make those videos, I thought we were in agreement that going to Coliseum, to Souvenir Gate, to Cajundome, to Congress was the expected route. What changed?

So how's Verizon's reception?

Or have we not established MS's cell carrier?
I am a verizon customer in the area and have never had a call dropped.

ALTHOUGH..if locals remember about two weeks ago, there was an outage for about 2 days. How does that happen? towers down..get hit by lightening?

Also while I was out there last night I saw multiple lone bikers taking that exact route. Thats apparently the popular way to go
Some of them decoys possibly? Were any of them female? I realize life goes on after cases like Mickey's but with her case being unsolved at the moment seems like folks would be a bit more cautious about what routes they're taking :waitasec:. Thanks for all the updates by the way.

I am a verizon customer in the area and have never had a call dropped.

ALTHOUGH..if locals remember about two weeks ago, there was an outage for about 2 days. How does that happen? towers down..get hit by lightening?

Hmm. I didnt have an outage. Maybe just near you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member