LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to believe that this was someone Mickey knew and he targeted her for some reason that none of us are aware of, and maybe not even her own family.

I think so too i have felt that from day one!

I would imagine the decal is on the rear side panels, just from my observation of many, many, Many Chevy Z71s.

Also this is the first TIME STAMP I've seen for the Chevy Z71.

I can't link to the article, if I find it in an "unexclusive" area of the paper, I'll come back and edit to include the link.

I wanted to know definitively.

GMC Sierras are identical and come with the Z71 decals closer to the taillights.

The problem here is that I do not have the next couple stills from this video.

Some of them decoys possibly? Were any of them female? I realize life goes on after cases like Mickey's but with her case being unsolved at the moment seems like folks would be a bit more cautious about what routes they're taking :waitasec:. Thanks for all the updates by the way.

TWO were female :banghead:

Meanwhile Im creeping nearby in a tinted vehicle and not one looks my way

One possibility is that LE may have already honed in on their prime suspect, and they don't want to tip them off to that fact while they dutifully build their case against that person. That person would be under constant surveillance in the meantime while LE awaits that magic moment of having probable cause for arrest.

Of course that's sheer conjecture...and I could be way off on the matter.

Today is the first day local news media hasn't asked the public to call in tips on the white truck. For that matter they didn't announce the tip line as they have been on a daily basis.

GMC Sierras are identical and come with the Z71 decals closer to the taillights.

BBM

precisely

The cohort group to which Mickey belonged were among the most vulnerable. The grew up having formed an opinion and perception of their home town as one thing and then this huge change occurred when they were old enough to have that solidified opinion yet still young and naive enough to not have the mature perspective to factor in those changes and modify their perceptions (and behavior) accordingly. I see it in my son.

What a perceptive comment. Spot on.

A helpful web sleuther gave me a tip and upon checking it out I confirmed there is another camera further down St. Landry past 216. If she was seen on this one she was 100% heading towards coliseum. When I attempted to confirm it today, my source was not at all shocked at the prospect of her being on this camera. Cameras on Johnston from coliseum to Mel's were checked. But hardly any cameras checked the other way down Johnston. This indicates, at least to me, LE is holding back footage or some verified info that her intended route was down St. Landry, to coliseum, to Johnston. She wasnt on any of the Mels cameras so we know she didnt get that far.

Agree.

TWO were female :banghead:

Meanwhile Im creeping nearby in a tinted vehicle and not one looks my way

That's why I don't think it's unusual that no one's come forward about witnessing anything.

People generally don't see what they're not looking for.

I am praying that this new K9 search team can help find some clues. They sound very impressive.

They specialize in evidence recovery and forensics. They say that their dogs can actually distinguish the difference between an animals body or a human and that their dogs are trained to search water, land, ash, and also vehicles.

LINK BELOW:
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
OT This case had made me examine my own 'evidence I carry around'. I have always tried to live lightly, but now I want to do so even more so. I do not want silver boots and toke and miscellanous stuff impeding an investigation for me. And I certainly am more aware that I need to keep bettering myself in case my picture goes global one day. lol. I can understand why MS brother is laying low; I have that type of personality too.

JMO, but I would be very surprised if a man who made it a habit to tell women that he trolled for pretty girls would abduct one a few months later...especially telling this to a girl he obviously intended, and did, let go without incident. She could easily have taken his plate number, for all he knew, and I am not sure why she didn't, anyway.

Why, because some pervs have compulsions. It's like an alcoholic or drug addict. They don't always use discretion.

Actually, in my eyes, this old perv in the pick up is one of the ONLY people I would clear of this crime. He had a pretty girl in his truck and he let her out, safely.

Practice makes perfect. Bundy, the Green River Killer, the Manson gang, and other serial killers/murderous creeps all had practice runs before they began killing.

I'm still not convinced this guy isn't from Baton Rouge.

I've heard Houma.

That's why I don't think it's unusual that no one's come forward about witnessing anything.

People generally don't see what they're not looking for.

And even sometimes when they ARE looking for it, they still don't see it or see the wrong thing.

I am guilty of it too.

On Easter night, there was a drive-by where someone shot at my boyfriend in our front yard. I gave a completely inaccurate description of the truck. But, the description I gave is what I STILL see when I replay it in my mind.

If this hasn't yet been posted yet.. just heard on the radio an woman was raped here in Lafayette, either today or last night. A 19-y.o. man broke into her house. While he was raping her the T-shirt he had over his head fell off. She recognized him. He's in jail. I have no other details.

AND THE PEOPLE AT THAT GAS STATION ARE Weird. I hafta say I avoid going to that gas station because I feel like half the employees are ex-cons. JUST IMHO.

Aw, Shelly, I like those guys! One of them has fixed an old model Mercedes we have when no one else could!

One possibility is that LE may have already honed in on their prime suspect, and they don't want to tip them off to that fact while they dutifully build their case against that person. That person would be under constant surveillance in the meantime while LE awaits that magic moment of having probable cause for arrest.

Of course that's sheer conjecture...and I could be way off on the matter.

I sure do hope and pray your sheer conjecture turns out to be true.

That's where I was hanging out in '75 too. Life here was good.

HA! We probably bumped elbows at the Strip.

Wait just a minute. Where was it confirmed that she "usually takes a left at St Julien"? When you rode with me to make those videos, I thought we were in agreement that going to Coliseum, to Souvenir Gate, to Cajundome, to Congress was the expected route. What changed?

Maybe since Chicken Fried said the security guard at the old OLOL had noticed Mickey turning on St. Julien?

I am a verizon customer in the area and have never had a call dropped.

ALTHOUGH..if locals remember about two weeks ago, there was an outage for about 2 days. How does that happen? towers down..get hit by lightening?

? I never lost service. ??

Oh, I agree that we could do so much more with the next couple of pics! LE has identified the vehicle as a CHEVY, from which I gather that they are positive it is NOT a GMC.

Amen. Can we please stop discussing the crime rate and Katrina unless it directly pertains to this case? It's just such a multifaceted issue that's already starting to really derail this conversation. There are plenty of other places to talk about this if you're interested, but I think many of us, especially those who have lived down there, have been through this over and over again and aren't interested in hashing it out here. Yes, Fleurdenola, let's find Mickey.

Respectfully, I think the crime angle is going to directly tie in to this case when everything comes to light. That's why I posted it.

They're flat boots. That's what she chose to wear that night. She was not mountain biking or expecting to be doing any long distance off-roading.

?

Our search leader showed us a picture of similar boots to know what to look for. They looked to be ankle boots from what I remember.

If this hasn't yet been posted yet.. just heard on the radio an woman was raped here in Lafayette, either today or last night. A 19-y.o. man broke into her house. While he was raping her the T-shirt he had over his head fell off. She recognized him. He's in jail. I have no other details.

Ugh.

Thanks.

Today is the first day local news media hasn't asked the public to call in tips on the white truck. For that matter they didn't announce the tip line as they have been on a daily basis.

KLFY did show a photo of the truck again and gave the number for the tipline on the 5 pm news right after they talked about Eqqusearch not coming back and the new independent search group out of Opelousas. I also heard WT info and tipline number throughout the day on the radio stations.

I'm so thankful that he didn't kill her after his t-shirt fell off.....

I'm way behind in the thread, but had a thought about the cameras. It was stated on NG that there was some footage found on cameras that were inside a building with the intent to capture the inside, not the outside of the business. As a former banker I can tell you that the cameras in the bank are to capture activity inside the building, and that there are a lot more cameras in the lobby and teller areas than what appear to the naked eye. That being said, some of the cameras may be aimed so that they do catch some outside activity. I know that she passed a bank on Versailles, but how many other banks could she possibly have gone by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge