LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------
if he exists

So, you're doubting the victim's account?

If you go back and read the previous posts, you will see what I said. At first I thought it could be a made up story, now I think it probably did happen, but is unrelated to Mickey's case. I am done talking about it. I don't know what else we can say that hasn't already been said.

bumping for awareness -

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto/0/

(video - great interview)
Acadiana Nascar driver posts Mickey's picture on car

06/04/2012 12:32 PM by KATC

Acadiana's own Buster Graham, is planning to have Mickey Shunick's picture on the hood of his car during the ARCA Racing Series next week at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania.

"When my 18 year old daughter mentioned supporting the rescue efforts for Mickey, I knew it was the right thing to do", says Graham

I know someone who's attending the race, btw. (I'm in PA)

I'll have to remember to ask about this.

That's from yesterday's article and I think it's referencing the volunteer search teams, not the K-9 teams coming in today.

Right -- paris edited the question as I was responding to the more vague "they"

curiousc, yes often that may be the case but many times the families are advised not to seek outside help until it is too late and the case grows cold. Remember reputable SARs can be requested by LE or the family..

They can be declined by LE/family.

There have been times where LE will not give their permission to bring TES in even though the family wants them to.

...Yes, that is exactly what I believe happened here. I can't tell if you are trying to introduce something new?

Nothing new. This is just reminder of what's been happening over many, many years. I have made almost 10,000 posts on this site alone, FYI.

Here's a hypo: Mamamia has correctly stated that if she turned on Brashear, the truck could not follow her past Cherry because the road is blocked for cars/trucks. But a bike can make it over the curb.

If the truck had been following her since Versailles, he was not following very closely to her because we don't see it in the LCG photo. But he would have been travelling suspiciously slow behind her. Maybe she thought it was strange that he was following her at a distance. She wasn't suspicious enough to stop at Circle K but thought she needed to get away from him. And the way to do it would be to turn down Brashear and go through the road block/curb deal where it meets Cherry.

But once she turned down that street, it was dark, no businesses, no cars and the truck thought this was the perfect time to strike. He got to her before she reached Cherry.

What do you think?

Well, why would someone in a truck offer a bicyclist a ride, during the middle of the day? And why would that bicyclist accept the ride? Could be that she was not riding her bike, but standing at/on a corner, waiting for something, and he misinterpreted....I don't think she's ever said why she accepted the ride.

I'm pretty sure she said she was riding on South College (good area - certainly not known for prostitution). She mentioned being tired or exhausted and that's why she took the ride. I don't think she was in the truck for very long because he dropped her off at Walgreens on corner of Johnston and College (Bertrand). I'm having trouble finding the link. Does anyone else remember this?

Agreed. Not sure what you are getting at.

For whatever reason, the creepy old perv guy, if he exists, picked up TP and made his offer. She declined, and he dropped her off. I'm not sure why he thought she would have said yes. Maybe she just had his fave color shirt on. Who knows. Hard to think like a perv if you're not one.

It's exactly this type of person they need to be looking for. A loner. If it was someone in the younger crowd, too many people would know and it would have come out by now...

I agree this could be her likely path if she didnt remain on saint landry. but the only thing is that it would be difficult for a vehicle to follow close behind her, because of the roadblock on cherry. Unless the person knew her route and was following alongside saint mary, waiting for her to cross to saint mary or johnston. Just thinking outloud.

I am not convinced she didn't remain on St. Landry. There is some funny going on, a I remember early on LE talking about the blur caught from inside a building. IMO this may have been at 224, a two-building, two-story office complex with large, smoked, plate-glass windows on the second floor facing the street. These rooms in front at the top look like the CEO offices to me, and it's possible there was a camera in one of them pointing outward, or another cam hidden that I didn't see.

But then again, the blurry image could have come from the LCG drive-thru cam.

I don't know... The key is why she wasn't on the 216 footage, or maybe if somehow she WAS, and this was discovered AFTER the early press conference, and LE just decided to keep ot to their vest. I don't think we've been given all the cam info that LE has, and I'm not willing to rule out that she made it farther down St. Landry than people think.

There's something going on here that I can't put my finger on... and it's the key, of course to what her actual route was.

OT - That news just sent shivers down my spine......... the man was an incredible blend of sci-fi, gorgeous writing and a unique and almost supernatural vision.....(in the early 1950s, the man imagined Facebook and cell phones and people yakking on them about mundane details while on the subway) and to have him die just after Venus transits the sun, and won't do it again until the year 2117.... so very eerie and fitting, considering his subject matter.

For those of you who have never read Bradbury, a book of his short stories is a great introduction to his penetrating and totally unique vision. His stories have a way of opening up things inside you....One I would recommend is "The Sound of Thunder." I had always wanted to meet the man. He was in his own category.

Anyway, back to the case.
-----------

I'm asking you, chicken fried, why the poster would inject that information about Bradbury and cell phones in this particular thread?

When I had a mace can, my DH told me to carry it in my hand in the position that it should be for use against another. It doesn't help to have it in your purse!

Most common mistake, imo. I have it on my key chain and if feeling wonky about my surroundings I have my finger on the button when walking. Be aware of ALL people. I've made the same mistake when not thinking. A woman should be on your radar as well as any man...sad but true....as well as teens.

I remember stopping at a rest stop for gas on a interstate one time and started to walk over to talk to the owner of car ( I once had the same car and was just going to converse on it) I had a male relative grab my arm and sternly ask me "What the "hay" is wrong with you? You want to get nabbed?" I've had people approaching me with a pet they found. It's hard, especially for us women because we are nurturers, we want to help, it's instinctive, imo, but we really need to over come that instinct and be more aware....questioning why is this person approaching me in a safety mind set. (((hugs)))

Nothing new. This is just reminder of what's been happening over many, many years. I have made almost 10,000 posts on this site alone, FYI.

Okay. I only asked because you came across a little vaguely, and I honestly could not tell if you were simply restating or hinting at something else.

And yes, I see your post count and respect your experience and long time dedication to WS - I hope you will excuse the newness of many "rookie" individuals like myself posting here because of Mickey. We are here because we care and are trying to find something we can do to help, even if it's just brainstorming. FYI.

I'm pretty sure she said she was riding on South College (good area - certainly not known for prostitution). She mentioned being tired or exhausted and that's why she took the ride. I don't think she was in the truck for very long because he dropped her off at Walgreens on corner of Johnston and College (Bertrand). I'm having trouble finding the link. Does anyone else remember this?

Yes, I remember that's what she said. Also on NG it was said that she was creeped out about it after he dropped her off so she called her mother.

I don't think the canines will find anything that the search people couldn't have found.They would have noticed any disturbed ground and I doubt if the perp would have gone very far into the woods to bury her as he would of had to carry a shovel in one hand and the body in the other or risk making 2 trips.If she has been buried its probably far away in another town or in the perps own back yard.

If she remains near the abduction site, it's possible that by now cadaver dogs may be able to alert, if she's not still alive and being held. This has happened... Jaycee Dugard, etc.

I am not convinced she didn't remain on St. Landry. There is some funny going on, a I remember early on LE talking about the blur caught from inside a building. IMO this may have been at 224, a two-building, two-story office complex with large, smoked, plate-glass windows on the second floor facing the street. These rooms in front at the top look like the CEO offices to me, and it's possible there was a camera in one of them pointing outward, or another cam hidden that I didn't see.

But then again, the blurry image could have come from the LCG drive-thru cam.

I don't know... The key is why she wasn't on the 216 footage, or maybe if somehow she WAS, and this was discovered AFTER the early press conference, and LE just decided to keep ot to their vest. I don't think we've been given all the cam info that LE has, and I'm not willing to rule out that she made it farther down St. Landry than people think.

There's something going on here that I can't put my finger on... and it's the key, of course to what her actual route was.

I really feel that she took this route because she was going to drop in @ Mel's to see someone.

Yes. The same article I posted above, here's the exact quote:
After seeing the pictures of the truck, Tasha Patterson believes it is the same truck that approached her two months ago. She says she was riding her bike down South College around 2 pm.

She was heading back from an appointment when a man in a white truck pulled over and asked if she needed a ride. Patterson says she was exhausted and not thinking clearly, so she got in the car. Shortly after, he dropped her off at the Walgreens on the corner of Johnston and South College.

http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/

From TES's website:

Texas EquuSearch has been involved in 1,170+ searches in approximately 42 states in the United States, Aruba, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. Our efforts have proven successful with returning over 300 missing people home to their families safely, many of which would have been deceased. Texas EquuSearch is responsible for recovering the remains of 136 missing loved ones, bringing closure to many families. Many of the 118 cases have resulted in criminal cases. At no time during any of the searches was evidence compromised by Texas EquuSearch. Therefore, the suspect(s) were brought to justice resulting in convictions. Additionally, Mr. Miller has been involved in several murder trials.

http://texasequusearch.org/board-of-directors/
From what I have been told and/or have knowledge of:

If you look at Mickey's TES missing flyer, you will see the TES Case # ... 12-1290. The 12 means this year. 1290 means the number of cases they have occured up to that point.

All were originated by phone, as far as I know.

Some of those cases were resolved just by phone (found alive).

Some of those cases there was no search at all.

Some there was an actual physical search.

Of the physical searches, some were found alive, some deceased and some not found at all.

Of those found alive or deceased, some were found by TES teams and some by others (hunters, highway workers, etc).

Numbers for all of those I can't give you, because I don't know. I've heard that a few hundred were found alive. By TES or others I don't know.

The hundred twenty or thirty found deceased, I don't know if all by TES or not, but I bet it's pretty close.

I guess I have to say this is just my opinion. So I will. JMO.

Here's a hypo: Mamamia has correctly stated that if she turned on Brashear, the truck could not follow her past Cherry because the road is blocked for cars/trucks. But a bike can make it over the curb.

If the truck had been following her since Versailles, he was not following very closely to her because we don't see it in the LCG photo. But he would have been travelling suspiciously slow behind her. Maybe she thought it was strange that he was following her at a distance. She wasn't suspicious enough to stop at Circle K but thought she needed to get away from him. And the way to do it would be to turn down Brashear and go through the road block/curb deal where it meets Cherry.

But once she turned down that street, it was dark, no businesses, no cars and the truck thought this was the perfect time to strike. He got to her before she reached Cherry.

What do you think?

Actually that's what was bothering me so much the other night, so I asked ACI to go out to the bus parking lot straight across from Cherry, that would have been a perfect place to bump and run. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston