LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can be declined by LE/family.

There have been times where LE will not give their permission to bring TES in even though the family wants them to.

TES said they like to get law enforcements permission before they go help on any case. But that in no way means they NEED their permission. So if LE ever advises someone not to get outside help (like a PI or TES or whomever).....oh well. That's not their child missing. And LE doesn't have the ability to devote all their attention to a case like outside help can. If you wait until the case has gone cold before getting that help, then chances are they're not going to find anything either. Its best to hire a PI or TES or Batman or whomever the hell you want to help right off the bat.

I am not convinced she didn't remain on St. Landry. There is some funny going on, a I remember early on LE talking about the blur caught from inside a building. IMO this may have been at 224, a two-building, two-story office complex with large, smoked, plate-glass windows on the second floor facing the street. These rooms in front at the top look like the CEO offices to me, and it's possible there was a camera in one of them pointing outward, or another cam hidden that I didn't see.

But then again, the blurry image could have come from the LCG drive-thru cam.

I don't know... The key is why she wasn't on the 216 footage, or maybe if somehow she WAS, and this was discovered AFTER the early press conference, and LE just decided to keep ot to their vest. I don't think we've been given all the cam info that LE has, and I'm not willing to rule out that she made it farther down St. Landry than people think.

There's something going on here that I can't put my finger on... and it's the key, of course to what her actual route was.

I agree thinking she made it farther down St. Landry and maybe even as far as St. Julien

And what is the relevance to this case in your opinion? Never seen you post before.

My fault - I went on a tangent last night when a poster expressed her fear of having her Facebook account gone through (people asked if Mickey's had been)

I just saw that there is a dedicated WS thread to Bradbury... that's amazing! Didn't see it until just now.

My fault :blushing:

Why does any old man think he has a chance of having sex with any young woman? I've worked in a bar and you'd be surprised how many guys try or at least make comments about it.

I knew a man who used to say 'If you ask 100 times and you get one yes, that's a yes you wouldn't have if you hadn't asked'

He propositioned every woman he met. Total pig, but I couldn't argue with his logic.

It's exactly this type of person they need to be looking for. A loner. If it was someone in the younger crowd, too many people would know and it would have come out by now...

Possibly retired or doesn't work for whatever reason? Otherwise I think coworkers would be suspicious.

-----------

I'm asking you, chicken fried, why the poster would inject that information about Bradbury and cell phones in this particular thread?

concentric, I am aware that your post was directed at Chicken fried, but here is the explanation;

The subject came up on the last thread concerning whether FB would reveal pms etc. to LE. This was the topic discussed for several posts by various posters. This was offered only as an fyi, for those who were interested and wanted to research Bradbury's works & predictions.

No harm, no fowl..

-------
Then, why did the young woman bicyclist during the afternoon hours, accept a ride from the man in the white truck?

From reading the news stories and from my own experience: because she was tired, trusting and thought he was helping her.

From: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/28/ng.01.html

Joining me right now is another special guest. This is Joy Patterson. Her daughter was approached by this white male in a white vehicle very similar to that vehicle seen in the Mickey surveillance video.

Ms. Patterson, thank you for being with us. What does your daughter say happened?

JOY PATTERSON, DAUGHTER RODE IN SUSPECT VEHICLE (via telephone): Well, my daughter was going home from a doctor`s appointment at 2:00 o`clock in the afternoon on South College Drive (ph), and the man gave her a ride to Walgreen`s six blocks -- about six blocks down the street.

And during the ride, the man -- she told the man that she was looking for work (INAUDIBLE) When she`s about to exit the vehicle, he tells her (INAUDIBLE) having sex with him for $80. During the course of the ride, he also told her that he likes to go driving around Lafayette, looking for pretty young girls to pick up.

Question for a locals...

Where Mildred St. ends at Johnston... looking across Johnston is a guard rail. What is behind that guard rail?

Also, on Johnston between Albert and Lewis St. there is another guard rail with a drainage ditch below it. Has that area been searched?

I'm considering the other routes, and the possibility that somebody hit Mickey by accident and she went over the guard rail but her bike didn't. Person who hit her might dispose of the bike to dispose the evidence (like paint transfer).

The coulees were among the first places checked. Her friends rode bikes through them and even crawled up into pipes. I think LE did the same.

Here's a hypo: Mamamia has correctly stated that if she turned on Brashear, the truck could not follow her past Cherry because the road is blocked for cars/trucks. But a bike can make it over the curb.

If the truck had been following her since Versailles, he was not following very closely to her because we don't see it in the LCG photo. But he would have been travelling suspiciously slow behind her. Maybe she thought it was strange that he was following her at a distance. She wasn't suspicious enough to stop at Circle K but thought she needed to get away from him. And the way to do it would be to turn down Brashear and go through the road block/curb deal where it meets Cherry.

But once she turned down that street, it was dark, no businesses, no cars and the truck thought this was the perfect time to strike. He got to her before she reached Cherry.

What do you think?

It is certainly a possibility. We know that she made it to the St. Landry University intersection, and nothing else.

There are several turns she could have made after that point, and with no evidence to point us in any one direction, then we might as well dig deeply into all possibilities.

I really wish LE could pin down here route a little better. I don't think they know much more than we do as to whether she turned off St. Landry to the left or the right. Just that she didn't show up on the camera that taped the hooptie.

A few years back in Lafayette, my car was in the shop for repairs, and I was offered lifts repeatedly when I walked anywhere in broad daylight. People are genuinely friendly and helpful in this town. I accepted one lift because it was a neighbor. However, I would not walk or cycle on my own after dark, even in the nicest neighborhood. I think Mickey had a false sense of security, armed only with mace.

OT - That news just sent shivers down my spine......... the man was an incredible blend of sci-fi, gorgeous writing and a unique and almost supernatural vision.....(in the early 1950s, the man imagined Facebook and cell phones and people yakking on them about mundane details while on the subway) and to have him die just after Venus transits the sun, and won't do it again until the year 2117.... so very eerie and fitting, considering his subject matter.

For those of you who have never read Bradbury, a book of his short stories is a great introduction to his penetrating and totally unique vision. His stories have a way of opening up things inside you....One I would recommend is "The Sound of Thunder." I had always wanted to meet the man. He was in his own category.

Anyway, back to the case.
Aside---when I first saw a 'kindle sp? I thought of Farenheit 451, as a biblio nerd, something wicked this way came. JMO

TES said they like to get law enforcements permission before they go help on any case. But that in no way means they NEED their permission. So if LE ever advises someone not to get outside help (like a PI or TES or whomever).....oh well. That's not their child missing. And LE doesn't have the ability to devote all their attention to a case like outside help can. If you wait until the case has gone cold before getting that help, then chances are they're not going to find anything either. Its best to hire a PI or TES or Batman or whomever the hell you want to help right off the bat.

You are right they don't NEED LE permission. When you look at the assets that TES brings it makes TES's job much easier if LE is on board.

This does not change my initial point that there have been cases where LE does not want TES involved.

Aside---when I first saw a 'kindle sp? I thought of Farenheit 451, as a biblio nerd, something wicked this way came. JMO

I think it's cool that Chicken Fried referenced Bradbury on the day of Bradbury's death.

We also have to remember that the perp had to take her to a place he felt very comfortable with. With the bike being found @ WB, he must have been very comfortable with this location and has probably been there many times. The problem is...there are so MANY secluded areas around Lafayette. Cahances are she won't be found anywhere close to the abduction site.

Okay. I only asked because you came across a little vaguely, and I honestly could not tell if you were simply restating or hinting at something else.

And yes, I see your post count and respect your experience and long time dedication to WS - I hope you will excuse the newness of many "rookie" individuals like myself posting here because of Mickey. We are here because we care and are trying to find something we can do to help, even if it's just brainstorming. FYI.
-----------
I do respect your opinions.

I'm sure the Mods and owner(s) of this site are pretty well aware of the character of us long-term participants.

-----------

I'm asking you, chicken fried, why the poster would inject that information about Bradbury and cell phones in this particular thread?

Sorry -- I made a tangential comment last night from something another poster said.

I just deleted my post, and so if you will do likewise, then it won't be perpetuated.

I agree thinking she made it farther down St. Landry and maybe even as far as St. Julien
I'm on an iPhone now so looking a google is hard for me. If this has already been discussed, sorry, it's hard to keep track- is it St Julien that's behind OLOL & ends at tatoo parlor after that dismal topography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston