LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we had some idea of where they are seaching today. I just checked out the Whiskey Bridge camera, and no activity.
Did I read an earlier post that the searchers were going to the outskirts of Lafayette (or was that parish?) in all directions? Where does that leave the saints st ideas?

I think it's now a matter of LE knowing what happened (mainly from bike evidence, etc.) but proving their case. My gut says it's also narrowed down to 3 suspects TOPS...

Did I read an earlier post that the searchers were going to the outskirts of Lafayette (or was that parish?) in all directions? Where does that leave the saints st ideas?

LOL I was thinking the same. We have all gone based on practically no info.

I guess leaves the saints streets ideas back there at saints streets lol. I highly doubted the truth would lie there anyway. Whoever did this took her out of town.

I wouldn't necessarily think so. If LPD feels like sharing, then yes. But I don't think they are under any obligation to tell the PI details of an ongoing investigation.

They most likely wouldnt. As PI's we have to learn things on our own for the most part. LE doesnt like to work with us (and funny when they retire they usually become one of us). But if they tell the family, then they would turn around and tell the PI.

They most likely wouldnt. As PI's we have to learn things on our own for the most part. LE doesnt like to work with us (and funny when they retire they usually become one of us). But if they tell the family, then they would turn around and tell the PI.

Well then I guess I would be wrong then.

I guess leaves the saints streets ideas back there at saints streets lol. I highly doubted the truth would lie there anyway. Whoever did this took her out of town.

BINGO! This creep had to take her to his comfort zone...

Guess could be too that they found the truck. I didn't see any update today to keep looking for it. Could be another reason teams were called in.

Not sure if it's just me, but I wish people would quit asking for search locations. The volunteers should not be disclosing there whereabouts, IMHO. I'm content not knowing, and protecting the investigation.

Love and prayers to the Shunicks and everyone involved!

I have seen pics of bicycle's that have been hit by a car. If the back rim is damaged then she was likely rear ended. If there is more damage then she may have collided with a vehicle and any combination of factors could take place. More often than not, the bicyclist ends up being hurtled onto or over the vehicle if hit from behind.

and you would be looking for a vehicle with hood damage or a cracked windshield

My money says he took both she AND the bike to his comfort zone until he decided where to put HER, I think the bike was dumped the following day before this story broke wide open...

So I found more cameras that have yet to be checked by LE and they absolutely should have been. Bad police work? Doesnt appear so. From a source I spoke with today and the fact that certain cameras werent bothered to be checked, it appears LE does in fact no more about Mickeys exact route than they let on.

I was told to "expect some news in the next few days."

So don't fret people. There appears to be more to come in this case

ACI, can you tell us where these cameras that weren't checked are located? So we can get an idea of the route Mickey may not have taken.

New to websleuths. Been following the Mickey Shunick case since it was first reported, as I work 3-4 blocks from the Circle K in the camera video and frankly this whole case scares me for Lafayette.

My money says he took both she AND the bike to his comfort zone until he decided where to put HER, I think the bike was dumped the following day before this story broke wide open...

...bike was dumped in order to create the connection to DTL in local minds and misdirect LE into thinking whoever dumped it did so on the way out of town.

Dumping the bike makes him feel as though he is ridding himself of the situation while keeping her close to him.

Outskirts of the parish would include broussard and youngsville area to the south and scott and carencro te the north, right? Lots and lots of wooded areas.

...bike was dumped in order to create the connection to DTL in local minds and misdirect LE into thinking whoever dumped it did so on the way out of town.

Good point...I think this is a sick individual that is fascinated by the DTL story as well as the Jennings disappearances...

There are a lot of huge houses in that neighborhood, as well as houses with those separate mini houses in the backs of them.

if im not mistaken, jumping the curb on brashear to keep go straight, keeps you on brashear. by staying on the road, it curves left onto cherry. this is correct if im thinking right

I agree, dumping the bike was clearly a move to misdirect.

New to websleuths. Been following the Mickey Shunick case since it was first reported, as I work 3-4 blocks from the Circle K in the camera video and frankly this whole case scares me for Lafayette.

Thanks for jumping in, and welcome.

Lafayette <modsnip> has successfully managed to hang on to it's cultural integrity and uniqueness. Depending on the outcome of this case and the identity of the perp, we may still weather this and emerge and a tighter, closer, community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston