LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the driver of the Z71 is the perp.
I'm kind of starting to have doubts about that now myself. I'm also wondering IF Mickey did make it further down St. Landry to Coliseum if LE has located video proof of that and whether that white truck (or any vehicle) was caught on the same surveillance.

So many questions ... so few answers.

It's a shame that you have such a low opinion of New Orleans, especially as many people here have worked so hard to help find Mickey Shunick.

I have a low opinion of a lot of the displaced people that moved in.

Did you feel safe in some of the flooded areas?

Not nessesarily. I had a Chevy (same body style as in the photos) truck run into the side of my car one time. Destroyed my car, it was totaled. The only sign of damage on the truck was a tiny scuff of gray paint on the bumper. Next time I saw him, the scuff of paint was buffed out. You would never know that he had destroyed my brand new BMW.

"Sometimes, due to the nature and extent of vehicle damage, a hit-and-run driver will be identified when he tries to have his car repaired. In very serious cases, the police may use forensic examination techniques to search for blood, hair or tissue on cars matching the description of a hit-and-run vehicle."

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/car-accidents/hit-and-run.html

i mean a vehicle vs. pedestrian or bike rider in this case. in any case im sure they've checked body shops out. :)

I have a low opinion of a lot of the displaced people that moved in.

Did you feel safe in some of the flooded areas?

Having been both a Lafayette and NOLA girl, and being in NOLA right up until Katrina, right after it, and for many years after, I really don't think we need to go down this road on this thread. It's been almost 7 years, yes, but as the comments of myself and several others (on both sides) have shown, this is still a very sensitive subject.

Let's remember why we're here. Let's find Mickey!

I'm still bleeding from the ears & now I have a headache.
Chicken & ACI: cameras?? Past 216 or not?
St Landry continuation or not?
Johnston st past Coliseum? To Mel's & beyond? Cameras at Marcello's? Too far? Going in circles......this no info is maddening. Conjecture is maddening. I can't think clearly.
Somebody please bring this baby home !!! Lighting St Jude candle again. To you Nolas,from Our Lady of Guadeloupe...

Landry - Coliseum - Johston

Attachments

• landrycoliseumjohnston.jpg
    landrycoliseumjohnston.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 36
I've never looked at stats. While I'm from Nola my husband is local & we moved back @15 yrs ago. I may be wrong but <modsnip>. Whether its due to the thugs or not, that small-town feeling that I felt 30 yrs ago here seems to have faded a bit.

I think that's happening everywhere.

I'll probably sound like a withered old crone, but I think a societal shift is underway that can largely be attributed to technological advances.

People walk around with access to the world in the palm of their hand, often to the detriment of communication with their live family, friends and neighbors.

We've all seen people at dinner, each with their nose in their individual device. Social scientists have dubbed it Cellular Isolation. It's almost as if our fellow humans are no longer as crucial to our day to day lives as our Internet connection and electronic social network.

The Jury's Still Out on whether in hindsight this will have been a bad thing or a good thing. It could just be the next natural step in social evolution.

All of the above having been said, I am a devotee of New! Now! Next! I love new tools, I'm just not sure how or if this phase will bend the arc of social history.

I'll spare you my opinions on the perpetuation of increasingly violent video games that consume the lives of an entire generation of young men.

...and that concludes today's Puzzlingly Pointless Pontification
(accidental alliteration, Cazzie ;-)

Back to finding Mickey...

Indeed. Not to mention that Shunick herself was planning to do the same thing.

On the same topic, people might be interested to know that New Orleans current population is 87.5% of what it was before the federal flood. That's not to say that 87.5% of the previous population has returned, but the city must be doing something right for all of those people to want to live here:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18675483/new-orleans-metro-area-population-at-875-of-pre-katrina-level
Nah, we just like our feudal fixins: where else can you go to find a restaurant, a bar, a no-tell motel that rents rooms by the 1/2 hr, & a cemetery all within a small area all over town? Where would they go to get a hamburger on french or gumbo with tomatoes & okra in it? They love their surroundings & their ability to judge neighborhood by dialect & gangs by neighborhood. It's changed since I was MS's age, not for the better.
<modsnip>. I wished things could go slower but they can't.
So here we are with filth & babies not coming home.

With all due respect, that is the precise issue now at the heart of this lawsuit against the chief and Dee Stanley -- misreporting/misclassification/fudging crime stats.

I replied before seeing your post.

Ya know, I've concidered that, I just can't see her doing that after she passed all those bright lights, that's putting herself in such danger. She was even warned by the woman security guard, (per ChickenFried) about riding her bike on private property of the Hospital grounds. Would she really stop in an isolated area to take a toke?

One wouldn't think so, but waiting to get home probably isn't an option. I like to think if she wanted to take off a Taco Bell edge or something, BW's house was more practical and private. Probably not something we'll hear if they did or didn't. Mostly just trying to provide alternatives for no appearance on a specific camera so other scenarios can make sense.

What I want to know is ...is there anything really, truly, wrong with sammiches and take out for two weeks straight?

One wouldn't think so, but waiting to get home probably isn't an option. I like to think if she wanted to take off a Taco Bell edge or something, BW's house was more practical and private. Probably not something we'll hear if they did or didn't. Mostly just trying to provide alternatives for no appearance on a specific camera so other scenarios can make sense.

It's just all quite maddening if you ask me. Maybe I need a toke right now lol.

What I want to know is ...is there anything really, truly, wrong with sammiches and take out for two weeks straight?
YES! You need a home cooked meal!! :seeya:

Maybe I too am a dried up crone but I see crime up all over the place - not just in LA, not just from Katrina. I won't jump on my soapbox with my theory on why. But I've spent lots of time in Nola over the past ten years and frankly don't see much of a change either way since Katrina. There are just more depraved minds everywhere. Drugs, lack of parenting, falling thru the cracks, abuse, ignorance - there are so many contributing factors at work. I'm sick for families like the Shunicks and for victims like Mickey, who weren't part of the "problem" but are paying the price.

Absolutely not

Add some bean sprouts to the sammiches.

Frankly, I've visited Taco Bell 3 times in the last two weeks. I hadn't visited Taco Bell 3 times in the previous three years.

Shameful fast food slide

Absolutely not

Add some bean sprouts to the sammiches.

Frankly, I've visited Taco Bell 3 times in the last two weeks. I hadn't visited Taco Bell 3 times in the previous three years.

Shameful fast food slide

Hush your mouth, lol, I love Taco Bell. I don't do fast food, I cook every night, it's so boring but, it's healthy.

The point is - I am not the only one who thinks there is an upsurge in crime in Lafayette, which is purposely being underreported to burnish the image of the city. There's a lawsuit over it. The chief is being sued. There's a huge PR push across the nation to attract companies to Lafayette.

I feel the area Mickey was biking had become notably unsafe, and it was allowed to slide, and so here we are.

And I have a very sick feeling that it all ties together. A lot of politics is involved with this case, I suspect/

Ya know, I've concidered that, I just can't see her doing that after she passed all those bright lights, that's putting herself in such danger. She was even warned by the woman security guard, (per ChickenFried) about riding her bike on private property of the Hospital grounds. Would she really stop in an isolated area to take a toke?
I hadn't considered she stopped to necessarily 'smoke' but it crossed my mind she may have stopped to do something and pulled over some kind of way and out of view to where that camera missed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55