LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wear silver ankle boots to ride a bike 10 miles total?

This, i don't get.

I'm really picturing them to be something like this but silver: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5471618243_7238fb4c9b.jpg

I think they might be as sturdy as any other shoes to bike in? But, I'm also one who'd bike in sandals (with straps, not flip flops!). As long as they strap to my feet!

She was going out, and she does have a hipster style, so I think the silver boots are totally in line with what she'd normally wear when riding her bike for transportation, rather than exercise?

I bet the news update is only to say that the crew from Texas is back to help search. I hope I am wrong on this!

Forgive my poor brain: so that could still leave Coliseum to Bertrand open? What's that street on the other side of Blackham?
Cajundome Blvd ... it runs parallel to Coliseum. Yes on the possible Coliseum to Congress route which would include crossing through the Bertrand intersection.

Here's Lafayette's crime rate per 100,000 residents
The average for the US is 319.1

1999: 523.3
2000: 491.7
2001: 553.9
2002: 563.7
2003: 694.0
2004: 534.8
2005: 511.9
2006: 577.9
2007: 604.3
2008: 584.0
2009: 556.2
2010: 490.1

New York City's crime rate for 2010 was 243.6

I'm really picturing them to be something like this but silver: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5471618243_7238fb4c9b.jpg

I think they might be as sturdy as any other shoes to bike in? But, I'm also one who'd bike in sandals (with straps, not flip flops!). As long as they strap to my feet!

She was going out, and she does have a hipster style, so I think the silver boots are totally in line with what she'd normally wear when riding her bike for transportation, rather than exercise?

Yes...similar to that but with buckles on the side. That showed a picture before one of the searches.

I have alluded to this in my prior posts but I'm hesitant to go there because it's rumor so I'll give my opinion and let you guys figure out the rest...

I've always thought it peculiar that LE has not released the surveillance videos. None. Only a few screen shots. And not even more than one from each camera. In one instance, with the older car and the LCG camera, LE didn't release any photo of it from there. I asked why on this forum. Someone suggested that it could be because the video would identify a particular detail of the truck which LE does not want publicized b/c the perp could change it on the truck.

Today I suggested shots from the 213 St. Landry were not released (if they existed) because of a marking on the rear window (which some here think they see in the LCG photo.

I would venture to "guess" there are other photos which LE, for whatever reason, is not making public. Even as far down Congress near Adrien's Supermarket. Why LE is may not be disclosing this is beyond me.

Could it be because the driver can actually be seen in those other videos?

I hear you, Jefferson.

I can't get a clear identification on the truck. I've surmised, judging by the truckloads of trucks (ow) I've examined, that this is a 2009 - 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Short Cab LT. I've said this several times.

LE, TELL ME WHERE THE DECAL IS!

They're flat boots. That's what she chose to wear that night. She was not mountain biking or expecting to be doing any long distance off-roading.

?

I get it. Was trying to circle back around to Mickey.

I bet the news update is only to say that the crew from Texas is back to help search. I hope I am wrong on this!

They said "unconfirmed update" and it's already been confirmed that Equusearch and Special K-9's are here.

eta: ok scratch Equusearch then! Bummer. I haven't been to HQ today.

5:00 news klfy...searches still ongoing...TES is NOT here they got called out last minute on something else...independent group in town doing their own K9 search

In many cases I walk around the areas with Google street view. I'm am always amused by LE vehicles found "right there". (Remember Michael Rafferty's driveway?)

I've never looked past Calder St. in Mickey's case because LE said she wasn't seen that far down Landry.

Today I walked the little guy all the way to the end of Landry at Coliseum. And what did I see? An LE vehicle talking to a guy in a white 4 door truck. sheesh.

A gangbanger is one who gangbangs.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gangbang

I get the first definition. I meant I never understood how the second one coined the term. They are not alike AT ALL. Multi-use terms always make me laugh. Because it makes me think of people getting them confused and then awkward hilarity ensues. Like in the movie "horrible bosses" when they hire the guy for "wet work"

Tell me when the lost boys yell "bangarang!" A little part of you doesnt laugh imagining them calling for either definition 1 or 2 of gangbanger. ;) poor Tinkerbell

Thread mood level: lightened.
Mission: Accomplished

No new info; Eqqusearch was due back today but got called to another case last minute. There is another "independant" search team headed by someone from Opelousas and they are using search dogs but have not been in contact with search headquarters so they don't have word on where the searches are taking place. Sorry, guys I thought it may have been something more pertinent to the case. I just want Mickey back home...

The point is - I am not the only one who thinks there is an upsurge in crime in Lafayette, which is purposely being underreported to burnish the image of the city. There's a lawsuit over it. The chief is being sued. There's a huge PR push across the nation to attract companies to Lafayette.

I feel the area Mickey was biking had become notably unsafe, and it was allowed to slide, and so here we are.

The crime rate in 2003 was 694.0 per 100,000 residents. The average for the United States is 319.1 per 100,000 residents. Even before Katrina, it was not a safe city.

And I also hear that Lafayette lies about their crime statistics? So it's HIGHER than 694.0? Lovely.

I figured it had something to do w/ that. Internet boards would have the news first.

Wow, KLFY, pretty disappointing with making us think there was information when there wasnt. Just watched and they didnt report much of anything.

Someone told me today that they had "heard something" from their "sources" regarding the case and it was unpleasant, so I guess I'm glad it wasnt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne