LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The K9 search group is doing their own search without being in contact with headquarters at Blackham.

They said "unconfirmed update" and it's already been confirmed that Equusearch and Special K-9's are here.

They must have some significant evidence that points to a specific area to have Tim and the pups go back so soon. Especially, with her bike being found 25 miles away. That is too much area to ask them to come search. Something must have broke.

I hear you, Jefferson.

I can't get a clear identification on the truck. I've surmised, judging by the truckloads of trucks (ow) I've examined, that this is a 2009 - 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Short Cab LT. I've said this several times.

LE, TELL ME WHERE THE DECAL IS!

I agree with your description, and whatever appears to be in the back window is important... even if it simply rules that truck OUT.

The K9 search group is doing their own search without being in contact with headquarters at Blackham.

I think thats a good thing. This case needs more people working outside of the established groups. So they have their own thoughts, ideas and plans

Wow, KLFY, pretty disappointing with making us think there was information when there wasnt. Just watched and they didnt report much of anything.

Someone told me today that they had "heard something" from their "sources" regarding the case and it was unpleasant, so I guess I'm glad it wasnt that.
Do we know which group was searching the 'outskirts?' was it this new group from Opelousas? Sooo hoping there was good news?

What? A third search effort, disconnected from LE and the family/volunteer effort?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting

I think thats a good thing. This case needs more people working outside of the established groups. So they have their own thoughts, ideas and plans

OK. I guess I can see the value of that.

One would hope they're at least communicating with another group.

If not it sounds like a search party free for all.

Wow, KLFY, pretty disappointing with making us think there was information when there wasnt. Just watched and they didnt report much of anything.

Someone told me today that they had "heard something" from their "sources" regarding the case and it was unpleasant, so I guess I'm glad it wasnt that.

D**n them!! And double D**N!!

I am praying that this new K9 search team can help find some clues. They sound very impressive.

They specialize in evidence recovery and forensics. They say that their dogs can actually distinguish the difference between an animals body or a human and that their dogs are trained to search water, land, ash, and also vehicles.

LINK BELOW:
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

I agree with your description, and whatever appears to be in the back window is important... even if it simply rules that truck OUT.

Here.

This is what I got. This is a 2009.

Attachments

• 4742730135x400.jpg
    4742730135x400.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 68
A.C.I. any development with law office on parkside? Did you happen to notice the house next door to it that has a "beware of dog' sign; it looks uninhabited. I get the heebie jeebies pondering if someone could have holed up there for months without anyone knowing; all the while planning this operation to wait for an opportunity on parkside. makes me sick to think about it. I think you should check what is going on in that house. IYKWIM...

I'm way behind but wanted to jump in about MS getting in a car. I'm 38 now and look back on all of the really stupid and dangerous things I did at that age. You think you are invinsable aspecially if you have never had anything bad affect your life before. I sort of lived in a fairytale world and the thought of something like this happening never once crossed my mind. Now I am the total opposite and my son is lucky he is allowed to leave the house ever.
I have heard it said that ' the only way you can be OLD AND WISE is if you were once YOUNG AND STUPID.

I try to live my life now so that my kids will never hafta find out through the grapevine what mom did when she was young and stupid.

A.C.I. any development with law office on parkside? Did you happen to notice the house next door to it that has a "beware of dog' sign; it looks uninhabited. I get the heebie jeebies pondering if someone could have holed up there for months without anyone knowing; all the while planning this operation to wait for an opportunity on parkside. makes me sick to think about it. I think you should check what is going on in that house. IYKWIM...

There is also the house one spot over from the pizza place on st. landry that had a for sale sign and recently the sign went down. It has just looked deserted for the longest time.

Oh, no. I drove on Coliseum to Souvenier Gate today in broad day light and was struck by how isolated and desolate it gets. Not good news, in my opinion....and would explain no one seeing or hearing anything in the neighborhood nearby. Also makes me feel like it was less likely that it was an accident and that some sicko saw her on St. Landry (or maybe even before) and followed her; when he saw her turn on Coliseum, he saw an opportunity....

Hoping Mickey comes home soon. Like now.
I think the consensus is that she would not have gotten on Coliseum at 2am; but instead taken a left down St. Julien. I myself drove that the route St Landry - St Julien - Johnston today; lots of activity.

By GOD I think you hit the nail right on the head. That be just like it. Yep

Thanks, but the problem is that there mostly is no change in the exterior of the vehicle throughout the last couple years. I'm still looking at all the pictures I took.

Here's Lafayette's crime rate per 100,000 residents
The average for the US is 319.1

1999: 523.3
2000: 491.7
2001: 553.9
2002: 563.7
2003: 694.0
2004: 534.8
2005: 511.9
2006: 577.9
2007: 604.3
2008: 584.0
2009: 556.2
2010: 490.1

New York City's crime rate for 2010 was 243.6

Wow that sounds bad. From what I have seen in news footage from Mickey's search, it looks so nice and friendly.

I just checked the crime rate for my 'Shire (I'm not a hobbit!) here in England:

69 crimes per 100,000 in 2010-2011. (Population ~ 1 million)

I think the consensus is that she would not have gotten on Coliseum at 2am; but instead taken a left down St. Julien. I myself drove that the route St Landry - St Julien - Johnston today; lots of activity.

But A.C.I. found some new info today that suggest she just may have gone down toward Coliseum. A few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne