LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy in question is a young guy, semi-decent looking. dont know if it could relate to the case at all. but i think we should all stop and really examine if we should be pondering so much on this particular guy. im not saying i do or do not think he is involved, just that we have no reason to suspect him and he may be perfectly innocent. more than likely is perfectly innocent. it would really suck if someone who didnt have much sense read these posts and went crazy on facebook with some of the ideas were hinting at.

Looks like to me HE is not guilty of anything but Mickey's perp / perps know this guy in all likelyhood...

And since two pressure washers were stolen, it is obvious two people committed this crime at the tool shop. If related to Mickey, we have two people involved there as well. JMO

Precisely, Watson

I believe someone said in one of the earlier threads that one of the "symptoms" of a serial killer is that they often commit arson. That is when it was discovered that there was a fire at the Mack truck dealer recently. Could these new fires be related?

Well. I will say this, I agree 100% with LE that it is a suspicious fire!

Ok well the line has been tipped. I relayed that the stolen Yukon parts are possibly/likely interchangeable with the DWTIQ and asked them not to overlook the possiblility that these are connected.

I believe someone said in one of the earlier threads that one of the "symptoms" of a serial killer is that they often commit arson. That is when it was discovered that there was a fire at the Mack truck dealer recently. Could these new fires be related?

Could be... but I don't think the young and immature perps we are dealing with here are serial killers. More like DUI offenders or something similar (petty drug dealing). I do think these things are related and I also think Mickey knew them. JMHO FWIW...

Seems like we are hearing about waaaay more fires in the area than normal lately. Just this morning, a report of a 22 year old and a toddler who lost their lives in a house fire :(

wanted to point out that i see no wrong in dissecting the incident, i just dont want us to hastily assume the murphy guy is in any way involved with it.

I think we are just a little suspicious of everyone at this point, not that it's right there is just not much to go on but it would be awful to start pointing fingers at people because we may see their personality as "off"

oh where oh where is A.C.I. when we need him?

I did call Mr. Abdalla and left a message. But it would be nice to get A.C.I.'s thoughts...

Completely random, but someone in my office just mentioned one of the victims of Sean Vincent Gillis, Hardee Schmidt - and I wasn't familar with the details, so I looked it up. Made me go back to the planned abduction theory...OMG.
"...Gillis, while trolling for a new victim, saw Hardee Schmidt, 52-year-old mother of three, out for an early morning jog in a well-heeled neighborhood of South Baton Rouge. Schmidt was an ardent runner who had previously taken part in the Boston Marathon, and Gillis sized her up that morning as an easy target. He returned to her neighborhood frequently for the next three weeks, hoping to encounter her again. It was not until Sunday, May 30, at approximately 6:30 a.m. that Gillis was able to seize his opportunity.

He ran her down with his car and knocked the stunned, if not seriously injured, woman into a ditch. While she was dazed and confused, he got out of his car, placed a heavy-duty cable around Schmidt's neck, and began choking her. With Schmidt completely under his control, he shoved her into his car and took her to a nearby park where he raped and murdered her. After mutilating her body with a knife, he loaded her into the trunk of his car-where her nude body remained overnight-and drove home. The following day he drove her to St. James Parish, about 35 miles from Baton Rouge and on one of the routes to New Orleans, where he dumped her body into a bayou next to the highway. A bicyclist found the body the next day."

http://blogs.discovery.com/bizarre/2008/07/baton-rouge-ser.html

One thing's certain here...you can't just DITCH a $40K+ ride or send it to a chop shop...you have to fix it and keep it on the "down low" without anyone getting suspicious. If too many people find out you are fixing it, you could be toast with everyone aware of the truck due to the media coverage of it. These cowards are running scared and desperate now... this fire / theft could be just the BREAK we all need... let's keep our fingers crossed!

If these parts would eventually be found placed on another vehicle, is there a particular way to tie them to the Yukon? I mean, I know there are serial numbers on the major parts of the vehicle like the engine, but for the things like tail lights and such? Any identifying information there?

i had a post disappear, not sure if it was deleted or if the internet ate it.....but the stolen tail lights got me to thinking. not to say this incident is related at all. but what if someone was backing out of a driveway rather fast, and for whatever reason mickey didnt see it or couldnt get out of the way fast enough, and they clipped the tail end of her bike, which i would think would sling her into the back side of the vehicle. the force of the impact could easily kill someone without leaving any mess. just a good knock to the head is all it would take. lets consider that maybe illegal activity is involved at said house, maybe drug trade of some sort. and yes, illegal drug activity does go on at the nice houses in your nice neighborhoods. trust me on this one. so maybe an accidental death, covered up to keep their butts out of jail for many different reasons? im just playing with different scenarios, because nothing at all makes sense right now. the complete lack of evidence anywhere in the area she was taken from seems so planned and on purpose, but leaving the bike somewhere where it was so easily found doesnt seem to fit.

But actually, leaving the bike at Whiskey makes sense with your scenario. Because maybe they wanted to make it look like a serial killer took her, and it worked.

If these parts would eventually be found placed on another vehicle, is there a particular way to tie them to the Yukon? I mean, I know there are serial numbers on the major parts of the vehicle like the engine, but for the things like tail lights and such? Any identifying information there?

Yes. Parts can be traced.

the guy in question is a young guy, semi-decent looking. dont know if it could relate to the case at all. but i think we should all stop and really examine if we should be pondering so much on this particular guy. im not saying i do or do not think he is involved, just that we have no reason to suspect him and he may be perfectly innocent. more than likely is perfectly innocent. it would really suck if someone who didnt have much sense read these posts and went crazy on facebook with some of the ideas were hinting at.

While I fully agree that this person shouldn't be made the subject of public scrutiny to the point of sleuthing, I would note that Ted Bundy was a famously handsome, charming young(ish) guy, himself...

Not wise to write off anyone because they're attractive, or young, etc., IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108