LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read tons of books on Bundy.

One way he used to get victims would be to fake an injury and offer them a ride home in a vehicle in which the rear seat was removed.

What's off is that they removed the tails lights (the entire assembly) and inside/dash vent covers of the truck - almost as though that was the primary purpose of the crime - and took the pressure washers as an afterthought. Why start a fire once you get your tail lights and vent covers? Did you cut yourself getting them off and need to destroy evidence that could ID you?

I've no idea what kind of truck it is.

This post absolutely blew my mind. Has anyone ever considered that she may have been BACKED INTO????????

WT SEEN GOING ONE WAY AND THEN OPPOSITE WAY.......AT SOME POINT TURNED AROUND......MAYBE SHE WAS ****BACKED INTO****** (as in taillight needing fixing) and maybe we shouldn't think or damage to vehicle as grill damage! Maybe REAR damage.

Maybe it wasn't white truck but ANY vehicle backing out of any driveway and ***BACKED**** into her!!!!

While I fully agree that this person shouldn't be made the subject of public scrutiny to the point of sleuthing, I would note that Ted Bundy was a famously handsome, charming young(ish) guy, himself...

Not wise to write off anyone because they're attractive, or young, etc., IMO.

Well...we don't really know anything about this guy and I'm not pointing fingers just yet. BUT I do think they should look at the Yukon parts and try to find footage of the vandals.

This post absolutely blew my mind. Has anyone ever considered that she may have been BACKED INTO????????

WT SEEN GOING ONE WAY AND THEN OPPOSITE WAY.......AT SOME POINT TURNED AROUND......MAYBE SHE WAS ****BACKED INTO****** (as in taillight needing fixing) and maybe we shouldn't think or damage to vehicle as grill damage! Maybe REAR damage.

Maybe it wasn't white truck but ANY vehicle backing out of any driveway and ***BACKED**** into her!!!!

Wait wait wait.

I can't agree, I don't think those trucks are the same.

Remote control planes are an interesting hobby. Don't ya think.

Yes, definitely possible, someone backing out of a driveway.

peeps: general and random reminder that we do NOT sleuth people who are not connected to this case.

semi ot

in pennsvlania, if a natural stream flows through my property -it does- and an animal lies down & dies in it, i get charged for and fined for polluting a natural waterway.

I must remove said dead cow/horse/bear/deer from my section of the stream. Or push it along to someone else's section.

If i don't frequently check the stream, i could be heavily fined & charged without even knowing what was happening.

Dead animals are biodegradable.

I'd go with bread.
no! Just get you some alligators cher! Easy cleanup!

While I fully agree that this person shouldn't be made the subject of public scrutiny to the point of sleuthing, I would note that Ted Bundy was a famously handsome, charming young(ish) guy, himself...

Not wise to write off anyone because they're attractive, or young, etc., IMO.

oh quite the opposite of what i was implying houdat......i had to throw one more tidbit out there before i quit picking on him. i think our perp would have a MUCH better chance of abducting her if he were young and handsome. and ill leave it at that. :kimsterwink:

Seems like that'd be difficult to do without the target noticing.

Yes. Parts can be traced.

FWIW, I don't think those particular parts that were stolen have a serial number on them, so precisely how would you trace them?

I personally don't think that the tail light theft and fire is in any related to Mickey. As for the pressure washers, a lot of folks have them, we have one, does that mean we are cleaning up a crime scene? Those were probably stolen because you can sell them quickly.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Interesting. How so? I woudn't have thought that was easily done.

If it's got an identifying number, they can tell what plant it came from & narrow down the vehicles from that plant/production run and then narrow that list down geographically

ETA: what assembly plant did that part go to...then vehicle assembly...then geographic elimination

If I hit someone ranover backed up whatever I would stop even if I was drunk wouldn't that sober you up pretty fast? Maybe not , but once you hit someone then take her alive or not your racking up charges pretty quickly as opposed to hitting someone and leaving hoping no one saw.

If it's got an identifying number, they can tell what plant it came from & narrow down the vehicles from that plant/production run and then narrow that list down geographically

Okay I see what you're saying. I was thinking how unlikely it would be that they had unique serial numbers. So, it's not "easily" done, but doable to some extent. That makes sense.

FWIW, I don't think those particular parts that were stolen have a serial number on them, so precisely how would you trace them?

I personally don't think that the tail light theft and fire is in any related to Mickey. As for the pressure washers, a lot of folks have them, we have one, does that mean we are cleaning up a crime scene? Those were probably stolen because you can sell them quickly.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

All parts have some kind of identifier.

Soooo, two of the fires are concidered accidents and the other one with the vehicle parts taken and the two high pressure washers is being investigated at this time. Interesting I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne