LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder what the chances of a body actually making it to the gulf are from whiskey bay.....without getting snagged on anything or eaten by a gator. because if it DID make it that far, i could maybe see it washing back up on the beach.....

I personally don't see a body making it from Whiskey Bay to the gulf. It would take too much exact navigation to not get caught in one of the many turns or narrow areas of the channel. Or, possibly be eaten by a gator or bull sharks. Bull sharks have been found in areas of the Atchafalaya. Don't see it washing up on any beach. And, no way does it get past the mouth of the Mississippi to end up at Bay St. Louis. This isn't Mickey unless the perp put her there.

well i could see mickey with a bellybutton piercing, but as far as the other two piercings, im not sure if she looks like the type of girl to get those...not saying anything bad about girls with extra torso piercings, but im just not sure if mickey would have had them.

Didn't she have a 'Monroe' piercing?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_piercing"]Monroe piercing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Well this info is going to rule Mickey in or out, and only her family would know.

Grannan said she had three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel.
Or not... is that something she would tell her parents? Friends maybe BUT...

ETA she did have 2 that we could see didn't she?

well i could see mickey with a bellybutton piercing, but as far as the other two piercings, im not sure if she looks like the type of girl to get those...not saying anything bad about girls with extra torso piercings, but im just not sure if mickey would have had them.

I think you're assuming a certain kind of piercing. Could be collarbone, which isn't completely UNbelievable, IMO.

The link at http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/07/3995174/body-found-on-beach-in-bay-st.html says that the torso that washed up at Bay St. Louis is that of a white female between 15-22 years old (Mickey and missing NOLA woman Jaren Lockhart are both 22). It also says that the torso has "three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel." I think if the torso was covered in tatoos (as Jaren's body is per WWLTV.com), LE would have said so, since they mentioned the piercings.
We know Mickey had a nose piercing and a piercing in her lip/chin area (at least that's what I see in pictures). So does Mickey have a pierced belly button and nipples (sorry if that word is offensive or too intimate...but what else can piercings in the chest mean...and I knew plenty of girls in undergrad who had this done)? I feel like that would give us our answer.

All of the sediment coming out of the Mississippi River flows west... resulting in the better beaches in Mississippi, Alabama, Florida... an item would have to go against all of that and cross the mouth of the river to end up there... I just don't see that being possible.

I agree. I also think that in order for something to "wash up" on the beach it would mean that it was thrown from a boat or bridge rather than right off of I10. Of course there may be a bridge that goes over this waterway. I'm not familiar with the area, just drove through it a few times but i would think it would be pretty impossible to throw it right at the beach and expect it to float away.

The link at http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/07/3995174/body-found-on-beach-in-bay-st.html says that the torso that washed up at Bay St. Louis is that of a white female between 15-22 years old (Mickey and missing NOLA woman Jaren Lockhart are both 22). It also says that the torso has "three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel." I think if the torso was covered in tatoos (as Jaren's body is per WWLTV.com), LE would have said so, since they mentioned the piercings.
We know Mickey had a nose piercing and a piercing in her lip/chin area (at least that's what I see in pictures). So does Mickey have a pierced belly button and nipples (sorry if that word is offensive or too intimate...but what else can piercings in the chest mean...and I knew plenty of girls in undergrad who had this done)? I feel like that would give us our answer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...w&biw=1280&bih=593&sei=YWLRT_7CBOfo2gW-hLiaDw

Collar bone piercings are a trend. Maybe not mainstream, but you can find them easily in the hipster scene (as well as others).

Let me just say that in high school, I was class president, head cheerleader, president of beta club & FHA, etc. - I graduated college with a pretty good GPA, and I went through a piercing phase in college:) no one would have looked at me then or now and guessed that I had the piercings that I did! JMO

i had just read this.

i dont know if they mean nipple piercings or chest dermals.

What's a chest dermal? (Apparently I'm old and out of it. Have ears pierced and had a belly ring a long time ago, but that's about it for my piercing knowledge)

Going through extensive levees and floodways, in my opinion, no.

Extremely unlikely. As you said, it would have to go a long, long way, and float right through Morgan City, etc., and then go a long way east, past the Mississippi mouth, back around.... currents can do funny things but, as delicately as I can put it, there would be other things than the distance and chance involved that would make it very unlikely that it could make it so far even being as whole as it is.

Nipple piercings are common, even in females. If she had other piercings, such as the facial ones we have seen, and tattoos I don't think it's a stretch at all. In fact, I think it makes it more likely but I'm holding out any judgments until I hear for sure. Someone suffered a quite unfortunate fate and was special to somebody! :(

i had just read this.

i dont know if they mean nipple piercings or chest dermals.

Surely they mean nipple piercings. I wonder if it could be the girl missing from New Orleans, Jaren Lockhart. I wonder what place she worked at on Bourbon Street. New Orleans isn't very far from Bay St. Louis, although there are places on the way that would have been more hidden. Unless the creep wanted this to be found.

What is this world coming to? Can't we just figure a way to give people a psychology test and make all the crazies live together???!

Sadly, if the victim were transported east from Lafayette by perps before being put in the water, it could be anyone. But the idea of it floating down from Whiskey Bay seems pretty remote

JMO.

I think you're assuming a certain kind of piercing. Could be collarbone, which isn't completely UNbelievable, IMO.

wouldn't the collarbone piecings be visibile in some of her pics where she's in strappy shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck