LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'm just shocked by the amount of attention (or should I say lack of attention) Jaren's case has gotten since she went missing a few days ago versus the amount of attention Mickey's case had by say the Monday after she went missing. Just seems to me women who go missing who aren't middle class are widely ignored. And that's so wrong and infuriating. I hope all of us who are here for Mickey and were brought here for Mickey will also contribute time to sleuthing for Jaren as well as the Jenning's SK's victims (for example, if the Jennings women were 8 middle class ladies, the whole state would have been screaming for years that the SK had to be caught).

That's pretty dead on.

I definitely agree that a missing middle class white girl/woman gets more attention than, say, a woman of color or a less economically fortunate girl.

Sad, but true.

CNN's had some stories on the disparities.

I think JVM's done some stuff as well.

Let's all take a moment to pray. Whether or not it is Mickey, someone precious to her family is gone in the most hideous of ways.

That's pretty dead on.

I definitely agree that a missing middle class white girl/woman gets more attention than, say, a woman of color or a less economically fortunate girl.

Sad, but true.

CNN's had some stories on the disparities.

I think JVM's screamed some stuff as well.

All I know is - if I ever go missing (God forbid), I hope y'all hit my case hardcore here at WS.

Is anyone else getting a creepy feeling about this other abduction of a 22 yr old on Tuesday in N.O.? Could this be the same perp(s) in Mickey's case, with possibly more victims to come? *shudders*
http://www.wwltv.com/home/NOPD-looking-for-missing-22-year-old-woman-157924735.html

I'm getting a creepy feeling about that and the body found in Bay St Louis. Anyone from there know anything?? People asked if the perp went further on I-10 where it would lead.

I personally have felt she was here all along, but when you hear things like this so close, you get scared. It's like I am scared to hear who it is. Even if it is not one of these 2, it's someone's child and that's just scary!!!

Agree. You can bet that anyone living in the 2400 block of Tulane Ave and working in the 300 block of Bourbon St. is living a hard life, but probably the best she can do! Sad, I hope she is ok.

If you go over to Jaren's WS thread, a poster put up links to her Facebook and Photobuck account. It looks like Jaren has a young daughter. Heartbreaking.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8024350"]LA LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I would think so too...not saying the POI's have to let them in unless they have a warrant but at this stage, if there are really any true POI's, they need to get after them ASAP...

Honestly the idea of two guys scares me...one guy, I could MAYBE see taking her to "keep" as his own, in some sick way...but if there are really more than one, Mickie's chances seem dimmer, to me...:(

Yes, I've been resting. really worn out, no sleep, took a long afternoon nap, and I don't take naps. Had doctor appt. & other stuff too I've been having to catch up on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has let things slide. Heck my phone was shut off today for nonpayment because I was preoccupied.

I'm still checking some things out and will post what I can when I can.

From what I have seen, I highly doubt it was a single perp, and from Mr. Abdella's info, it seems he is leaning the same way. Having a partner in crime makes things a lot easier, although it adds the risk of one of them talking. I agree that having a single perp would seem to raise the chances of Mickey being kept somewhere by the perp, but doesn't rule out that two or more were involved, and that maybe she was passed off to unknown others.

This means that I, personally, think there's a chance she's still alive. Not a great one, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, either. We all need to keep the prayers coming. Entire churches are praying for her safe return, and so God's inbox is getting plenty of activity.

Well this info is going to rule Mickey in or out, and only her family would know.

Grannan said she had three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel.

Agreed. I'm just shocked by the amount of attention (or should I say lack of attention) Jaren's case has gotten since she went missing a few days ago versus the amount of attention Mickey's case had by say the Monday after she went missing. Just seems to me women who go missing who aren't middle class are widely ignored. And that's so wrong and infuriating. I hope all of us who are here for Mickey and were brought here for Mickey will also contribute time to sleuthing for Jaren as well as the Jenning's SK's victims (for example, if the Jennings women were 8 middle class ladies, the whole state would have been screaming for years that the SK had to be caught). I may have worded it wrong, but I was trying to say that every missing woman, regardless of class, race, etc, deserves the kind of attention that Mickey has gotten.

I honestly don't think it's all r/t the perceived class of the missing person. Mostly lifestyle of the missing that causes us to believe in the strong possibility of that person to willingly be elsewhere.

I'm getting a creepy feeling about that and the body found in Bay St Louis. Anyone from there know anything?? People asked if the perp went further on I-10 where it would lead.

I personally have felt she was here all along, but when you hear things like this so close, you get scared. It's like I am scared to hear who it is. Even if it is not one of these 2, it's someone's child and that's just scary!!!

In times like these, it is easy for us to force connections. The blondes (MS, Holly Bobo, Lauren, etc.), now the Gulf Coast girls... Let's not connect too many dots just yet.

Lafayette is a close-knit community. Mickey's family has been out there demanding everyone's attention. Unfortunately, the media passes over lots of important stories. We spent months emailing and contacting every local and national media outlet when a local teacher disappeared. Her family is all in Belgium, so there wasn't anyone here devoting 24/7 to keeping her name in the press. The local media in this area doesn't do anything more than read press releases. JMO
Agreed. I'm just shocked by the amount of attention (or should I say lack of attention) Jaren's case has gotten since she went missing a few days ago versus the amount of attention Mickey's case had by say the Monday after she went missing. Just seems to me women who go missing who aren't middle class are widely ignored. And that's so wrong and infuriating. I hope all of us who are here for Mickey and were brought here for Mickey will also contribute time to sleuthing for Jaren as well as the Jenning's SK's victims (for example, if the Jennings women were 8 middle class ladies, the whole state would have been screaming for years that the SK had to be caught). I may have worded it wrong, but I was trying to say that every missing woman, regardless of class, race, etc, deserves the kind of attention that Mickey has gotten.

well i could see mickey with a bellybutton piercing, but as far as the other two piercings, im not sure if she looks like the type of girl to get those...not saying anything bad about girls with extra torso piercings, but im just not sure if mickey would have had them.

http://kpel965.com/private-investigator-possible-descriptions-of-suspects-in-mickey-shunick-disappearance/

"Abdella said he has handed that information to investigators with the Lafayette Police Department. Cpl. Kyle Soriez, a police department spokesperson, would not confirm whether investigators received such information, but he did say they are continuing to work hundreds of leads."

First time I've seen him named in the case since I spotted him next to Mouton at the presser. If we are to trust any LE, it's him. Stand up guy, I promise.

I honestly don't think it's all r/t the perceived class of the missing person. Mostly lifestyle of the missing that causes a us to believe in the strong possibility of that person to willingly be elsewhere.

I'd agree if it weren't also true of missing children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member