LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt thats her torso, reason why is simple, I worked offshore in the GOM for years, and the Mississippi carves one heck of a channel out quite a ways into the Gulf from its current, which is in the middle between where WB enters the gulf and bat st louis, and i highly doubt a torso would make it that far out to catch the gulf current and come around. Now also, when working offshore, esp in the Mississippi Canyon area, there is nothing but sharks, and lots of them, we would throw anything in the water and the sharks would come check it out or eat it, apples, bread, chicken etc

unless of course her body was dumped near bay st. louis and not whiskey bay. remember, its just down I-10

'Cajun Justice' is coming on A&E at 9pm/central. This is a true crime reality show. May give some insight to the culture and LE environment in LA. It's filmed in South LA between Lafayette & New Orleans.

Not a fan of LE in Lafayette(or surrounding areas), have my own personal stories with some of those cats, and one of them is one of the spokesman for Lafayette

That can't be Mickey, no way a body would float that far, unless it was tossed much further down I 10, nope. God Bless whoever this soul is, and their family.

There's really no reason to assume the perp didn't keep driving. It's unlikely, but certainly possible this is Mickey.

Yeah its is just a couple hour drive, and scary........... Sometimes I truly beleave we would have less crime in this country if you were convicted of a brutal crime and the punishment was the same as you did to someone else

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bay+Saint+Louis,+MS&daddr=Lafayette,+LA&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.212719,134.384766&geocode=FS5szgEdtuGs-ikTxNicyy2ciDEsNXwwQ4dD7Q%3BFdouzQEdfeOD-imb2MVkQ5wkhjET__eSJHVKyQ&oq=lafeyette,+la&t=h&mra=ls&z=9"]Bay St Louis, MS to Lafayette, LA - Google Maps[/ame]

I thought with some peoples thoughts of a possible friend/cousin/brother owning a repair shop & fixing the truck on the side was interesting in light of what i found on this page.

<snipped>

I just found it interesting in light of new developments.

I welcome you! And I appreciate your contribution -- some of us do find those things interesting. BUT ... you should be aware that psychic-related stuff is against the rules of WebSleuths, a no-no here.

Again, WELCOME!

Just shed a tear reading the link... My husband said are you crying? I pray its not Mickey! :(

So now I must admit that in my heart of hearts, I've known Mickey was gone.

It's virtually impossible for her to still be alive.

I'd be delighted beyond measure to be wrong.

We also have a missing New Orleans girl.

Yep, Bay St. Louis is only an hour from New Orleans. Missing NOLA girl does have a WS thread:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8024350"]LA LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(Again, I want to add I don't think Jaren's disappearance has anything to do with Mickey's, but I hope she will get the kind of attention Mickey has gotten, despite being - from what I can tell based on BF's home, place of employment, and pics - not as "middle class" as Mickey & her family).

That's when you know you are one of 'us'.....the checking in at 3 am, after waking early to sign on, and staying here til all hours. Bless my DH....he goes to sleep to the glow from my iPad every night as I plow through the cases I am following after spending the day at work. At WS obsessed is a "good thing" LOL!
WELCOME!

Most nights I pull all nighters this week I'm running off of 12 hrs of sleep an thats streching it :( I cant seem to stay away from this page!

Yep, Bay St. Louis is only an hour from New Orleans. Missing NOLA girl does have a WS thread:
LA LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(Again, I want to add I don't think Jaren's disappearance has anything to do with Mickey's, but I hope she will get the kind of attention Mickey has gotten, despite being - from what I can tell based on BF's home, place of employment, and pics - not as "middle class" as Mickey & her family).

I don't particularly care what class she's in, she's still someone's loved one.

Yesterday TES was going to be in Lafayette but got called out last minute on something else. Does anyone think this could be it? Do we know where TES went.

So now I must admit that in my heart of hearts, I've known Mickey was gone.

It's virtually impossible for her to still be alive.

I'd be delighted beyond measure to be wrong.

That WLOX story was like a physical blow to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck