LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I wish I didn't have to ask, but, if she was put into the water with the bike could she have ended up there?

i highly doubt it carolyn...i dont think those particular waterways are connected, though they may be. bay st. louis is about a 3 hour drive east of lafayette on I10

I don't want that to be Mickey, but I don't want it to be anyone else, either. I don't want it to have happened.

Someone's world just collapsed in the most brutal way possible.

Female torso (no head, arms, or legs) with stab wound in the chest washed up on the beach in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.
No other info on the body.
Bay St. Louis is about 3 hours from Lafayette- you'd take I-10 to Baton Rouge (crossing WB), then take I-12 from BR to Slidell, then back on I-10 to Bay St. Louis.
I don't think this has anything to do with Mickey (hope not, anyway). I seem to remember several missing women in Mississippi....

www.wlox.com
Wasn't Tim Miller in Miss.?

New here, first time posting to WS, been trying to follow along the last two weeks. Find myself checking for updates at 3am when I wake up randomly, think I am a little obsessed. Praying Mickey comes home soon !!!! :please:

That's when you know you are one of 'us'.....the checking in at 3 am, after waking early to sign on, and staying here til all hours. Bless my DH....he goes to sleep to the glow from my iPad every night as I plow through the cases I am following after spending the day at work. At WS obsessed is a "good thing" LOL!
WELCOME!

WIKI

The Atchafalaya River meanders south as a channel of the Mississippi, through extensive levees and floodways, past Morgan City, and empties into the Gulf in Atchafalaya Bay approximately 15 miles (24 km) south of Morgan City.

'Cajun Justice' is coming on A&E at 9pm/central. This is a true crime reality show. May give some insight to the culture and LE environment in LA. It's filmed in South LA between Lafayette & New Orleans.

A torso only, I would think, makes it possible that it's a body that's been submerged for much longer. Sylviane Lozada has been missing from the area for 11 months -and there was pretty strong evidence that her husband weighted her down w/ concrete and disposed of her body before fleeing to Venezuela. Hoping her family gets some closure soon as well. JMO
I don't want to alarm anyone and I pray this is not related either but I just saw some news on WLOX FB page that is not good.

WIKI

The Atchafalaya River meanders south as a channel of the Mississippi, through extensive levees and floodways, past Morgan City, and empties into the Gulf in Atchafalaya Bay approximately 15 miles (24 km) south of Morgan City.

i wonder what the chances of a body actually making it to the gulf are from whiskey bay.....without getting snagged on anything or eaten by a gator. because if it DID make it that far, i could maybe see it washing back up on the beach.....

I doubt thats her torso, reason why is simple, I worked offshore in the GOM for years, and the Mississippi carves one heck of a channel out quite a ways into the Gulf from its current, which is in the middle between where WB enters the gulf and bat st louis, and i highly doubt a torso would make it that far out to catch the gulf current and come around. Now also, when working offshore, esp in the Mississippi Canyon area, there is nothing but sharks, and lots of them, we would throw anything in the water and the sharks would come check it out or eat it, apples, bread, chicken etc

i wonder what the chances of a body actually making it to the gulf are from whiskey bay.....without getting snagged on anything or eaten by a gator. because if it DID make it that far, i could maybe see it washing back up on the beach.....

The Gulf of Mexico is 35 miles south of Lafayette with an accessible coastline.

Even if this is not Mickey, it is still someone's daughter. I pray for her family.

I doubt thats her torso, reason why is simple, I worked offshore in the GOM for years, and the Mississippi carves one heck of a channel out quite a ways into the Gulf from its current, which is in the middle between where WB enters the gulf and bat st louis, and i highly doubt a torso would make it that far out to catch the gulf current and come around. Now also, when working offshore, esp in the Mississippi Canyon area, there is nothing but sharks, and lots of them, we would throw anything in the water and the sharks would come check it out or eat it, apples, bread, chicken etc

Good information, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members