LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, it sounds to me like Abdella is just trying to prove that he's earning his keep. Thankfully, that also keeps Shunick's name in the papers and on television. But, unfortunately, it really doesn't sound like he's got much.

I'm not sure what value there is in announcing that you've got some stuff that maybe belonged to the missing person, maybe not.

bbm: Possible witness that retrieved items and has since come forward, possibly one involved came forward or do ya'll think it is something found by searchers?

I keep trying to think who could have given the PI something. I would think if it was found in a search, LE would have it. I'm wondering if someone stumbled upon something, called the PI because perhaps they didn't want to disturb LE with something trivial. It could be common things, that Mickey was known to carry. Mace?

bbm: Possible witness that retrieved items and has since come forward, possibly one involved came forward or do ya'll think it is something found by searchers?

I don't think it was anything found by any of the organized searchers, because they would not have picked the items up.....they would have marked the area, and contacted LE.

I think it is somebody along the route that Mickey biked who found items and felt more comfortable handing them to the PI than turning them into police.

I keep trying to think who could have given the PI something. I would think if it was found in a search, LE would have it. I'm wondering if someone stumbled upon something, called the PI because perhaps they didn't want to disturb LE with something trivial. It could be common things, that Mickey was known to carry. Mace?

I think it's probably an informant type. Someone who was more comfortable contacting the PI than LE.

Still, he had to have turned it over to LE. Hmmm...

Charlie's asking for Shunick Soldiers (searchers) till 4:00 today. (FB)

I have to say, it sounds to me like Abdella is just trying to prove that he's earning his keep. Thankfully, that also keeps Shunick's name in the papers and on television. But, unfortunately, it really doesn't sound like he's got much.

I'm not sure what value there is in announcing that you've got some stuff that maybe belonged to the missing person, maybe not.

Possible, but I'm grateful either way. We've been complaining and complaining about getting no new communication or information from anybody. Maybe this announcement is to appease us? I think more likely it's to tell the public, "Hey, LE does have new information," thus forcing LE into addressing it? We've suspected for a long time that LE has more information than they're telling us, and I think this was a stunt to force LE into telling us at least something. He definitely wouldn't have made a statement such as this if he thought it would compromise solving the case.

I have a really bad feeling.....the Find Mickey Now facebook page has not written anything this morning.....very unusual for them not to start the day with a "Today is the day to bring Mickey home" chant.

Oh wait, I see Charlie has asked for searchers though on her personal page. Hmmm, okay I'm not so negative now.

I have a really bad feeling.....the Find Mickey Now facebook page has not written anything this morning.....very unusual for them not to start the day with a "Today is the day to bring Mickey home" chant.

Charlie is posting on her own page. Seems OK - the usual.

I find it weird too. Surely the first thing you do is confirm with family/friends that these items do belong to Mickey.

Unless he is trying to trick a POI in to making a move?

Thought to have been with Mickey the night she vanished.

That might not necessarily mean when the incident happened.

I dunno...there's something less than specific about that statement and I'm sure that's the intent.

Just not sure what to think, he doesn't do this.

Mama, sorry to hear about this situation. Is the bar he went to on that he usually frequents, might know people there?

Even though MS' fb page was always private, I noticed it has recently been taken down.

(Long time reader - first time poster)

Mama, sorry to hear about this situation. Is the bar he went to on that he usually frequents, might know people there?

On his thread. He is home.

Praying Mickey will be found safely.

I just cannot rule out that blue car; so why is LE not onto this?

It's possible that LE could see there were no people in the car, from the ATM video. It was probably just parked there. I have seen several people saying it has "no business" there at that time of night. People park cars ALL the time in random spots if they go somewhere, meet a friend and leave in their car, or their car won't start, etc. If it were a VOI, LE would have said that, or if it is and they haven't announced it, I'm sure they have a perfectly good reason.

Maybe someone had found some of her stuff but was scared to come forward with it and has just recently got brave enough to tell PI or police about the items they found.I can easily understand how someone would be reluctant to come forward out of fear of being blamed for it and have to go through hours and hours of interrogation.

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft said he has known Abdella for more than 25 years and trusts his information. He would not comment, however, on anything Abdella is currently investigating, citing he did not want to confirm or deny anything that might hinder or hamper the investigation.

"He's got a good reputation," said Craft. "He's in good standing with us, and he has been giving information he receives or tips he receives to us."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120608/NEWS01/206080323/-Encouraged-by-findings

Good morning all! I've caught up with my reading -

SO relieved for Mickey's sake to read that she does not have those piercings - but sad for the other individual's family.

Encouraged by the "developments" in the case and hope LE will get Abdella's POI(s)/perp(s) in the next few days.

As for the personal items - did someone just recently find this stuff? Have they been holding it since it was found? Has LE been holding it and now shared it with Abdella? Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member