LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly some concerns over her friends list being made public. If she was stalked, and someone was involved with foul play suspects said friends could tip off LE or the PI as to their identities, perhaps those evildoers would consider stalking and harming others as well.

I keep my friends list private and make myself un-searchable...you just never know what kind of whack-nut is watching.

Wayyyyy OT, Fletch rules.

KLFY TV10 Acadiana's News Leader
2 minutes ago
Update:
An autopsy is expected today on a torso found in Bay St. Louis. The Hancock Country Sheriff's Office said deputies will resume the search for clues today as to the identity of the young woman.

Workers made the discovery while dredging along the beach near Bay Oaks Drive. A detective working on the case said the woman's remains didn't appear to have been in the water long.
The young woman was white and possibly between 15 and 22 years old.

Coroner Jim Faulk expects an autopsy to be completed today.
The body had three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

The latest update says they are concentrating on a missing NOLA resident.

When the PI mentioned "aligned" ,it made me think.If the perp hit Mickey it could have thrown his wheels out of alignment.The perp would have then needed to take his vehicle to a shop to get his wheels aligned.The investigators could easily look up shops to see who has had a wheel alignment after Mickey disappeared.If your wheels are out of alignment ,you HAVE to get it fixed as it is too unsafe to drive like that.

I think this "aligned" comment was missunderstood.......his comment was that his efforts and the efforts of LE are aligned. Did I miss something?

My 85 year gma lives in Nola and honestly she's never had one problem. Albeit she's a spitfire and nobody will mess with her lol. But seriously I LOVE the Nola vibe. People are inherently good there. Just like in Laffy. Evil exists everywhere. Even in Eden.

Laffytaffy, glad your gma hasn't been touched by crime. An overwhelming percentage of the US population are good law abiding folks. Yes, evil does exist in all corners of society.

With that said, if you google kidnappings & rapes in Baton Rouge & New Orleans. It portrays a very bleak picture for Public Safety, considering that sexual predators are recidivist, and many times due to the stranger on stranger crime, very few are identified and apprehended until years or decades later.

Laffytaffy, glad your gma hasn't been touched by crime. An overwhelming percentage of the US population are good law abiding folks. Yes, evil does exist in all corners of society.

With that said, if you google kidnappings & rapes in Baton Rouge & New Orleans. It portrays a very bleak picture for Public Safety, considering that sexual predators are recidivist, and many times due to the stranger on stranger crime, very few are identified and apprehended until years or decades later.

I totally get what you're saying but I won't raise my children to be afraid. That's no kind of life. I know the whole reason we have come together on this site is because of tragedy but I won't live in fear.

I am not sure but directly to the car's right.. on the corner of the bank building is a walk up ATM. I saw it on street view.

There are at least two cameras there, as well. One facing the parking lot/street. They may have identified the car/occupants by ATM transaction?

To A.C.I

Did you say you'd been working the bath salts angle?
What did you mean?

I did say that. And its exactly what it sounds like. One (of my several) theories involves one (of my several) suspects on bath salts being responsible for whatever happened. Found some empty packages in the area amongst some other minor things that triggered my spidey senses.

Hypothetical...

If you found a wallet on the street, you might pick it up and keep it. If you found out later the owner of the wallet was reported missing, you might be concerned about getting into trouble turning into the police, but would likely be more willing to hand it over to a P.I.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

The latest update says they are concentrating on a missing NOLA resident.

'Posted this a few days ago - "Body watch by the many families of the missing/murdered"..

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum...:Topic:204645&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

"Body Watch" how do you cope?
Posted by Maureen Reintjes-Peace4 Admin on June 7, 2012 at 12:51am in COPING WITH LOSS OR MISSING
View Discussions

"Body watch" is it a taboo subject? Almost all families of the missing go through it. I did. And, now I sit this watch with other families of the missing. But why does it seem to be so hush-hush?

Some families I know don't want to know when body watch is taking place and that is their prerogative so we don't hear from them too much. Others very much want to be a part of it and that is also their prerogative yet they don't seem to talk about what they went through on body watch.

Many aspects of what the families of the missing face are rarely discussed in public, but body watch seems to be the least talked about even though it is what is on the minds of all families every time a body or bones are found anywhere.
read more-

I did say that. And its exactly what it sounds like. One (of my several) theories involves one (of my several) suspects on bath salts being responsible for whatever happened. Found some empty packages in the area amongst some other minor things that triggered my spidey senses.

Zombie apocalypse. Although from what I've heard the stuff used to make meth, i.e., drano, laundry powder, etc. can't be much better! I thought that the local stores that sell the 'legal' stuff were busted recently. Suppose they could have bought in bulk.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
about a minute ago
According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings, according to her sister, Charlie.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
about a minute ago
According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings, according to her sister, Charlie.

I'm very glad it's not Mickey, but what a tragedy for the family of whomever it is. Horribly sad.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120608/NEWS01/206080323/-Encouraged-by-findings

I know that link has been posted, but I found this interesting:

"John Abdella said Thursday he received a tip from a "good source" with descriptions of two people involved in Lafayette incidents similar to the Shunick case. The tip reinforces Abdella's sense that two people were involved in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student's disappearance."

Incidents similar to the Shunick case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members