LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though MS' fb page was always private, I noticed it has recently been taken down.

(Long time reader - first time poster)

I was looking just last night to see if she had a FB page. Interesting that it's offline, maybe the family was able to temporarily hide it? I think that can be done with an account if you don't want to deactivate/cancel but don't want to be located in a search.

Even though MS' fb page was always private, I noticed it has recently been taken down.

(Long time reader - first time poster)

Possibly just converted to unsearchable. 10 bucks says the account was getting lots of PMs and friend requests. :\

Sorry to say, but a stab wound in the chest?

Sounds NOLA worthy!

When the PI mentioned "aligned" ,it made me think.If the perp hit Mickey it could have thrown his wheels out of alignment.The perp would have then needed to take his vehicle to a shop to get his wheels aligned.The investigators could easily look up shops to see who has had a wheel alignment after Mickey disappeared.If your wheels are out of alignment ,you HAVE to get it fixed as it is too unsafe to drive like that.

When the PI mentioned "aligned" ,it made me think.If the perp hit Mickey it could have thrown his wheels out of alignment.The perp would have then needed to take his vehicle to a shop to get his wheels aligned.The investigators could easily look up shops to see who has had a wheel alignment after Mickey disappeared.If your wheels are out of alignment ,you HAVE to get it fixed as it is too unsafe to drive like that.

Speaking from personal experience, you have to hit something REALLY hard to throw your wheels out of alignment that badly. I don't think running into a bike or person would do this because you would most likely hit them with your bumper. And also, there are a TON of places that do wheel alignments in Lafayette. It would be pretty impossible to pinpoint a single person. Not trying to put you down, its a good thought. I just think that the scenario is unlikely.

Speaking from personal experience, you have to hit something REALLY hard to throw your wheels out of alignment that badly. I don't think running into a bike or person would do this because you would most likely hit them with your bumper. And also, there are a TON of places that do wheel alignments in Lafayette. It would be pretty impossible to pinpoint a single person. Not trying to put you down, its a good thought. I just think that the scenario is unlikely.

:welcome:

Sorry to say, but a stab wound in the chest?

Sounds NOLA worthy!

My 85 year gma lives in Nola and honestly she's never had one problem. Albeit she's a spitfire and nobody will mess with her lol. But seriously I LOVE the Nola vibe. People are inherently good there. Just like in Laffy. Evil exists everywhere. Even in Eden.

Well, even the light given off by the light further down is also flaring a lot in the Versaille pic. Doesn't look bright in color pic, but still producing a lot of flaring. Could be something with the camera. It's monochromatic, as well, so maybe it is an old camera.

Camera was placed after 2009

My 85 year gma lives in Nola and honestly she's never had one problem. Albeit she's a spitfire and nobody will mess with her lol. But seriously I LOVE the Nola vibe. People are inherently good there. Just like in Laffy. Evil exists everywhere. Even in Eden.

*85 year old gma. Sorry! Lol

KLFY TV10 Acadiana's News Leader
2 minutes ago
Update:
An autopsy is expected today on a torso found in Bay St. Louis. The Hancock Country Sheriff's Office said deputies will resume the search for clues today as to the identity of the young woman.

Workers made the discovery while dredging along the beach near Bay Oaks Drive. A detective working on the case said the woman's remains didn't appear to have been in the water long.
The young woman was white and possibly between 15 and 22 years old.

Coroner Jim Faulk expects an autopsy to be completed today.
The body had three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel.

Good morning all! I've caught up with my reading -

SO relieved for Mickey's sake to read that she does not have those piercings - but sad for the other individual's family.

Encouraged by the "developments" in the case and hope LE will get Abdella's POI(s)/perp(s) in the next few days.

As for the personal items - did someone just recently find this stuff? Have they been holding it since it was found? Has LE been holding it and now shared it with Abdella? Confused.

BBM - Has this been linked to?

I agree. Again, LE is looking at video. That car may be on the video never moving from that spot. JMO
It's possible that LE could see there were no people in the car, from the ATM video. It was probably just parked there. I have seen several people saying it has "no business" there at that time of night. People park cars ALL the time in random spots if they go somewhere, meet a friend and leave in their car, or their car won't start, etc. If it were a VOI, LE would have said that, or if it is and they haven't announced it, I'm sure they have a perfectly good reason.

I was looking just last night to see if she had a FB page. Interesting that it's offline, maybe the family was able to temporarily hide it? I think that can be done with an account if you don't want to deactivate/cancel but don't want to be located in a search.

Possibly some concerns over her friends list being made public. If she was stalked, and someone who was involved with foul play suspects said friends could tip off LE or the PI as to their identities, perhaps those evildoers would consider stalking and harming others as well.

I keep my friends list private and make myself un-searchable...you just never know what kind of whack-nut is watching.

So, if Mickey was stalked, who would she be stalked by, why no one else would be stalked is beyond me. There have to be so many people riding at night, just like she was.

There's really not, especially at that time. Most cyclist you see in the area are in the daytime closer to campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne