LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if this person already knew her routine, that would lead me to wonder how this happened. She may have noticed him from close or afar, and he/they weren't feared by her, because crzimmer said, if she felt stocked, why wouldn't she have pulled into the Circle K lot?

It could also be someone who felt she had rejected him. With people as sick as it takes to commit these kind of crimes it doesn't take much. A guy at Artmosphere (that night or a previous night) could have offered to buy her a drink. She coud have politely and kindly said, "no, thank you" and he could have taken that as a personal rejection and blow to his ego.

For some sick people, a scenario such as that would create motive for revenge.

I mean if this person already knew her routine, that would lead me to wonder how this happened. She may have noticed him from close or afar, and he/they weren't feared by her, because crzimmer said, if she felt stocked, why wouldn't she have pulled into the Circle K lot?

Because she trusted them/knew them?

Or, did this person/persons already have a routine, job that they were either going to or coming back from that didn't spook Mickey because they were always there at the same times? Gosh this is confusing as hello.

I hope the police release descriptions tomorrow. I hope Mickey is found safe, but.... I know I am probably expecting to much. I am so saddened by this and all the other cases here. WTF is wrong with out world. And on that note I think I will read a bit before bed. Reading the second book in the MoJo Louisiana series by Stephanie Bond, called Voodoo or Die. Humorous mysteries, but, good mysteries. Anyway, night you all!

If the family is even talking about canoe searches, surely they have come to realize that they may not have a happy ending with Mickey. Of course they want to keep up their hopes, but they probably are trying to prepare themselves for the worst, which is certainly a possibility after so many weeks...

...and the one person that watched her and talked to her that we know of(according to chicken) is that security guard!!??

There are no pics of perps in areas with no cameras. And there were many areas on her route with no cameras. That said, someone pointed out to me - I somehow missed the discussion way back - the white blob in the Versailles pic. That looks like a poor police Photoshop whiteout. I'm decently handy with Photoshop,,, and when you add that to the black car on the side of the road in that pic, where no car should have been parked that time of night, I'm wondering if there were a few people hanging out on the sidewalk there under the bus overhang at Cathedral-Carmel school. I could see the police whiting that out if they didn't want to tip those folks, and to steer discussion away from that angle.

Maybe someone better at Photoshop than I can re-examine that photo and chime in on whether they think a lens flare could create the bite out of the 25-m.p.h sign.

I'm sorry, I don't have the photo link handy.

I can't remember who went out and took this photo at night (thank you) but as you can see on the left where the "lighted pathway" and "light poles" are. The video lapses, etc.. blow out the highlights and if the LE experts bumped up the contrast to give more detail, that further blows the highlights out. I do not think anything is behind the blob but the lighted sidewalk. Behind her down the road, where "light poles" don't seem to be are white lights, like headlights that showed up on this video after her, but photos of those vehicles have not been released.

Attachments

• blownhighlights.jpg
    blownhighlights.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 40
We have covered all kinds of bases for people Mickey is acquainted with.

I was wondering if anyone heard about any repair/maintenance work maybe in the past year that happened at the Shunick's home?

Grasping at straws.

...and the one person that watched her and talked to her that we know of(according to chicken) is that security guard!!??

I have said, and stand by...someone she knew or uniformed type person that instills trust...

Just reminds me of the book about DTL, "I've been watching you". I don't believe he knew any of his victims personally.

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but he stalked all of his victims. They were smart, strong woman who managed to not notice him watching/following them. I don't want this connection to be true. And, I'm beginning to think that publicly publishing details on serial killers' killings is a horrible idea. Most of us don't want to read the details and it we do, it scares us. Then there are crazy people who may use it as inspiration.

IF this perp/perps are following in the steps of DTL, at least one of them may have arrests for stalking, peeping-tom, and or domestic abuse. This isn't to say one of them does, but it might be worth pulling some lists of people with this charges that live along the I-10 corridor in Louisiana. Maybe also cross-referencing those results with the VOI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee