LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! i'm finally caught up.

Okay, so i have some questions. are they going to release a sketch of these 2 supposed suspects that were tipped off by 2 different people that had no relations?

has anyone else heard about the mexican man who heard screams etc? is that a rumor flying around lafayette? i'm in baton rouge, so i'm not sure what is or isn't rumor. i posted this mexican man scenario earlier in the week, but no one commented. also, i was afraid to say much about it in case it was a rumor. if it's not a rumor, i'd like to discuss it.

Elizabeth was such a specific case, taken for a specific reason...and a child to boot. The few who have "come back" seem to be those taken as children. Very few adults.

I just found the bike to be a very ominous sign, when it was found so quickly. There would be no desperate reason to get rid of it, IMO, if Mickey was stashed someplace; the bike could have been stashed alongside her. Getting rid of the bike so fast=getting rid of all traces of evidence to the crime.

JMO
Totally agree, unfortunately. The bike dropped over 25 miles away -- and during the same morning as she disappeared, according to LE -- didn't sit well with me. For some odd reason, if the bike was never found, I would have had more hope, thinking the two were together.

I have been following the case since I saw it on NG's show, and have kept up with ALL of your posts over the nearly 3 weeks since Mickey disappeared. What an extraordinary community of caring people! As a poster recently wrote, it's like sitting around the kitchen table with friends discussing life and ideas on how to solve this unspeakable crime. I only wish I lived closer and could help with the search efforts.

Please don't call in tips for something that needs to have some crazy creative story behind it for it to tie in to the case. I know a lot will disagree with me but it's such a waste of time for LE. Bikes get stolen ALL the time in cities, someone shouldn't be suspected simply because they did the right thing in a way that some people deem "weird". I am not trying to be mean or rude if it comes off that way.

I'd like to know about the searches being called off. Where'd "we" get that info? On the FMSN FB page, they're saying its business as usual tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is something inappropriate for me to post here, please remove, mods.
I looked at the person who found the bike's FB and noticed from his wall, he hasn't posted about Mickey or re-posted anything about the search. I feel like everyone from Lafayette who's on FB has posted about it or linked to it in their status. That's strange to me.

There's also a pic of BW with his bike posted on the wall. Really, he'll post that but nothing about the missing cyclist in his town (he appears to be a cyclist as well from his FB & the Lafayette cycling community is all over this).

Wow. Should this be called in to Abdella?

I tried to talk about the cycling club/peeps before because the day MS disappeared was a big event for cyclists downtown and the whole month of May was bike to work month, etc. No one has gone into MS's personal activities too much from the days to weeks before she disappeared. We know she had some changes coming up in her life (at least considering them) but we don't know if they were concrete plans ready to go on _____ date, etc.

MS is a gentle person with no known enemies but did someone hate her anyway? It could be she is so self contained that she didn't realize that someone had it out for her? Did she reject someone in an unkind way (that to most people would be just a little brush off)? I think BW let out a few comments that could point in a personal direction as someone wanting to hurt MS.

Ok what I see strange about this is that these are a group of bicyclists, so was Mickey, BW's bike was stolen, and the CEO gets onto FB and posts, first time saying that he found it, and the next two times that an employee of his found it.

Now we have Mickey missing and her bike found in the Pilot Channel. Think about those things and say there could be nothing to this.

I'd like to know about the searches being called off. Where'd "we" get that info? On the FMSN FB page, they're saying its business as usual tomorrow.

I'm wondering the same thing. Where did we hear that searches are ending after Sunday?

It just sucks that Abdella is trying to solve this thing and LE seems to be in NEUTRAL! I agree with A.C.I..this is MORE than frustrating! This stinks to high heaven IMHO!

The Shunick family said volunteer searches will be temporarily suspended after Sunday until they get new information on where to search. The family said they've exhausted all possibilities at this point.

http://www.katc.com/news/special-k-9-s-help-in-mickey-search-final-volunteer-effort-this-weekend/

Ok what I see strange about this is that these are a group of bicyclists, so was Mickey, BW's bike was stolen, and the CEO gets onto BW's FB and posts to him, first time saying that he found it, and the next two times that an employee of his found it.

Sounds like a blown plan at CYA!

That bike theft incident was kind of strange to me. Why would someone bother stealing the bike and then turn around and ditch it two blocks from where they stole it??? What was the point of stealing it in the first place lol??

i live in a small town and my bike was stolen out of my backyard and thrown into the local canal?! The town bully did it, he was around 20, and it was for no apparent reason. Didn't break it, take the tires, nothing---just threw it in the canal.

It just sucks that Abdella is trying to solve this thing and LE seems to be in NEUTRAL! I agree with A.C.I..this is MORE than frustrating! This stinks to high heaven IMHO!

Can LE choose to ignore/not follow-up on information given to them by Abdella?

the baton rouge news just said that there is in fact new information in the MS case, but what exactly that information is is not being disclosed. the newscaster shook his head as he said "not being disclosed"

it was obvious he was aggravated that he couldn't get a hold of that news

You can find it on KLFY...watch the news video. Last searches will go out Sunday. I tried posting link but it didnt work

I'm out. I'm confusing myself. No point confusing everyone else.

Catch ya tomorrow

Sleuth on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members