LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it also come with an extra-large RAM chip so that the size of the listing doesn't consume all the memory and lock up the phone?
;)

seriously, accidents are a constant in lafayette! baton rouge has waaaay worse traffic, but less accidents when you factor out i-10. i guess the drivers in laffy are just not too good at driving. :banghead:

I see that. I've always thought it was a shadow from the sign. And then I saw this picture.

This is a GMC truck with all the same features. They are not positive about it being a Chevy Silverado...

You know what, it freakin does have a mark on the side!! It's not exactly like it looked in that picture of the truck we need but why on that side on both trucks??

I'm not liking this.

LE finds bike, mentions it to colleague who rides, this person can tell it's for an avid biker. He went on the 2 big local biking facebook pages to see if anyone reported a missing bike. This is all info from the facebook page.

Also, the truck in the google maps street view looks like it, but so do hundreds of trucks around here.

If this is something inappropriate for me to post here, please remove, mods.
I looked at the person who found the bike's FB and noticed from his wall, he hasn't posted about Mickey or re-posted anything about the search. I feel like everyone from Lafayette who's on FB has posted about it or linked to it in their status. That's strange to me.

There's also a pic of BW with his bike posted on the wall. Really, he'll post that but nothing about the missing cyclist in his town (he appears to be a cyclist as well from his FB & the Lafayette cycling community is all over this).

I noticed this too, odd. but like I said the other day I am becoming suspicious of everyone these days

LE finds bike, mentions it to colleague who rides, this person can tell it's for an avid biker. He went on the 2 big local biking facebook pages to see if anyone reported a missing bike. This is all info from the facebook page.

Also, the truck in the google maps street view looks like it, but so do hundreds of trucks around here. That truck doesn't have the z71 sticker.
Most certainly does have Z71 sticker. Check again..

If these people ARE involved in any kinda way, we can see now how it could get messy along w/ finger pointing, etc.. NOT GOOD...

That bike theft incident was kind of strange to me. Why would someone bother stealing the bike and then turn around and ditch it two blocks from where they stole it??? What was the point of stealing it in the first place lol??

A prank?

Sorry if this is dumb, because I know there have been many maps posted. Is the area (where bike was stolen, then ditched) one with lots of pedestrians? I can imagine kids or drunk people thinking it was hilarious to take an unsecured bike, then ditching it 10 minutes later because they are distracted or have got tired of dragging it around with them.

It's really easy to stalk people nowadays with constant Twitter updates and Facebook statuses. And now, people are checking in everywhere they go and the location is linked to their updates. No thank you!

Agreed! Why would I want everyone to know where I am at any given moment? I'm not hiding or ashamed but 1) I doubt most people are interested in continual updates and 2) I don't know who all is reading it.

I do love stories about people calling in sick to work, then getting busted cuz they checked in at a ball game or the beach. :giggle:

Yes it was, that's what we are talking about.

Thanks! I didn't realize there was anything unusual about the theft -- and finding -- of BW's bicycle. It could well have significance in Mickey's case, but. . . how will we ever know if LE doesn't release any info?

TIA for any info, or opinions, here.

It looks to me like the marks are a shadow of some kind. Since they are bolder than the shadow for the side mirror, could it be a traffic light shadow?

Most certainly does have Z71 sticker. Check again..

Check my post again. I edited it 5 seconds after I posted. If you zoom in, the view switches to a different white truck.

My post stands, there are hundreds of trucks like this around.

I just took a look at the released VOI and the streak on that truck goes the opposite direction of the streak on the truck on the traffic cam.

THANK YOU! I knew I didn't wanna go there.

Well I think they owe the public an explaination of what information has come out in the last day or two, and not only that, but their silence is deafening. It's not at all good for the case.

The silence is indeed deafening. I cannot believe they refuse to give us any updates. Even if the investigation is at a standstill, maybe it is time to share a few of the tidbits they have as sort of a "Hail Mary" pass to see if it can stir up some more leads. If they have enough info to put together a profile, then at some point that should be released. Not only do we need to find Mickey, but we also need to catch this perp before another innocent person is taken.

From where I sit, I feel like the LE want the news about Mickey to die down. What happens then? Her case goes cold? Why on Earth would they want that? They need to be thinking about these things, not just getting aggravated when they are asked questions. They are supposed to protect and serve their citizens, so how about giving the citizens a quick update. Everything doesn't have to be shared, but a little more info might go a long way!

I just took a look at the released VOI and the streak on that truck goes the opposite direction of the streak on the truck on the traffic cam.

Definitely not the same "streak". Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28