LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking of Mickey's young horseback riding students who are probably wondering what happened to their favorite teacher and why hasn't she come back. Kids can become very attached to teachers. I feel bad for them.

New person, just jumping in to say hi and to offer my thanks to you all for the care and concern you have for our missing brothers and sisters.
Sincerely, Mrs. B.
:tyou:
Hi
I'm a @ 1 month neewbie standing on the shoulders of the masters... You'll figure who they are after 6-7 pages. Prepare to feel like you're treading water!! They're awesome sleuths!!! Sorry don't know how to the jumping welcome stuff, welcome & mind the brainacs...they really now how to get dowm & dirty with the truth!

Thread temporarily closed and is under review.

While we review, here is something for members posting on this thread to review:

* Sleuthing guidelines: We don’t permit any posts discussing the sleuthing of non-players. Considering there have been no suspects or POI’s named to date, that means pretty much no one is permitted to be sleuthed, except Mickey, This is done to protect the innocent. Think about it – suppose your son (or daughter) gave your next door neighbor a ride to the grocery store, dropped them off with the understanding that they had a ride home. That neighbor disappears and is now missing. Do you want hundreds of people sleuthing your background? Knowing where you live, work, your kid’s names, ages, where they go to school? Would you like every skeleton in your closet to be shaken and posted on a public forum for the world to see? It is not right and not fair to innocent people. Most of these people are only a friend or acquaintance by sheer circumstance. They do not deserve the public scrutiny. It is completely understandable for Law Enforcement to take this approach. However, after their investigation, if they find no basis for suspicion and clear these people, they don’t make their records public either. Simply put, it just ain’t cool to do and we don’t do it here at Websleuths.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

I will NEVER AGAIN sit here and remove over 40 posts where members who know better still choose to sleuth non-players just to see what you can dig up on some probably innocent person.

Step back and think about what you are doing here. This is a PUBLIC FORUM.

We do not play around at all about sleuthing non-players. Several TO's were issued. You can lose your posting privileges permanently over stuff like this.

I keep thinking of Mickey's young horseback riding students who are probably wondering what happened to their favorite teacher and why hasn't she come back. Kids can become very attached to teachers. I feel bad for them.

I cab't imagine they don't know. Must have seen posters and such. How old are her students?

Something like this feels like when you look at the horizon every morning and then one day a tree is gone. There's a permanent hole in the horizon. And it makes no sense. It's been there every day and now it's not.

sorry mods. while i was writing that looooong post people were answering my question telling me that it was a rumor. i then got locked out, so missed their answers. since i just got back on i posted and THEN saw that they answered me that it is a local rumor. my bad

I am not ready to give up on LE yet...sometimes there is a good reason they are not appealing to the public.

I have become more cynical about my beliefs in the powers of LE, Holly Bobo's case especially aiding in that...still, I'll give them another week, lol as if they care, before joining in the theory that they have nothing and still don't want help.

JMO

I'm mostly lurking right now - just don't know what else to say. I get on here hoping for news.............

Guess I'll go to bed and hope tomorrow is the day.

I cab't imagine they don't know. Must have seen posters and such. How old are her students?

Something like this feels like when you look at the horizon every morning and then one day a tree is gone. There's a permanent hole in the horizon. And it makes no sense. It's been there every day and now it's not.

Probably elementary age. I saw some butterflies some of the kids made for MS at Blackham. They wrote little notes...it was touching to say the least.

Suggestion... If you have to include in your post the word "rumor", "not sure if this is rumor", or "if this is wrong, mods please remove it", etc... then just don't post it. The mods do enough, and probably have something better to do... Jmo ......

I don't know how old her students are, but I'm sure they know she's missing. I just meant, like the rest of us, they don't know what happened to her or why.

do y'all think the Alabama girl, NOLA girl (Jaren, whose torso may have washed ashore today), and Mickey are victims of same perp(s)?

No.

People go missing for many, many other reasons than being snatched by a crazed serial killer with a TV-movie-like obsession with photogenic women between the ages of 18 and 22.

Additionally, all of these women have gone missing in the span of less than a month, across a distance that's longer than that of New York City to Boston. Even if there is a serial killer working in the region, how active and mobile would this person have to be?

Some people have commented that they think LE wants the public to lose interest...Why would they want that?

aren't they working on sketches? if so, will they be releasing these to the public? you think they would, but with the case, I'd be shocked if they gave anything to us

aren't they working on sketches? if so, will they be releasing these to the public? you think they would, but with the case, I'd be shocked if they gave anything to us

LE may show the sketches to different people in locales MS visited. After that I would think is when the sketches would be released to the public. They would want to give those who may have information time to decide to share before sharing sketches with the public and getting calls from kooks.

No.

People go missing for many, many other reasons than being snatched by a crazed serial killer with a TV-movie-like obsession with photogenic women between the ages of 18 and 22.

Additionally, all of these women have gone missing in the span of less than a month, across a distance that's longer than that of New York City to Boston. Even if there is a serial killer working in the region, how active and mobile would this person have to be?

I'm not saying this is a serial killer.

There have been serial killers who were over the road truck drivers. They cover great distance for a living and blend into traffic. Pick up victims one place, dispose of them 500 miles later.

Who looks at people just passing through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnysmilescb