Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

People go missing for many, many other reasons than being snatched by a crazed serial killer with a TV-movie-like obsession with photogenic women between the ages of 18 and 22.

Additionally, all of these women have gone missing in the span of less than a month, across a distance that's longer than that of New York City to Boston. Even if there is a serial killer working in the region, how active and mobile would this person have to be?

i think ppl think of a SK because DTL did some travelling. and i think at the end of it, he was the suspected to be involved with missing/murdered women in 3 states since the 90s.

then you add in Sean Gillis, the Houma SK, and the Jennings murders and ppl get a little paranoid.

Suggestion... If you have to include in your post the word "rumor", "not sure if this is rumor", or "if this is wrong, mods please remove it", etc... then just don't post it. The mods do enough, and probably have something better to do... Jmo ......

well, i'm not in lafayette, so i wasn't sure if it was rumor or not.

Some people have commented that they think LE wants the public to lose interest...Why would they want that?

I agree that makes NO sense. However, they may have info they just cannot allow to go public at this time. I'd love for a sketch to be released - just to see if anyone recognizes it and to see if the subject can be ruled out. I just don't see a happy ending to this.

I also highly doubt this is a serial killer. It will end up being someone within her "circle" - someone she knows or someone who knows her. And IMO the motive will be very simple rather than complex. My fear is that she won't be recovered, and the family will have to live not knowing where she is.

LE may show the sketches to different people in locales MS visited. After that I would think is when the sketches would be released to the public. They would want to give those who may have information time to decide to share before sharing sketches with the public and getting calls from kooks.

makes sense.

So much insanity lately, both worldwide and right in our own backyards. People biting other people's faces off, missing daughters, torsos washing ashore, home invasions off the charts, robberies in broad daylight....:banghead:

Everything is so scary. Embracing a hermit lifestyle is looking more and more appealing, but even so -- you still gotta watch your back.

Here's hoping that the weekend brings us many answers to Mickey's disappearance so the useless hunk(s) of protoplasm can be brought to justice!

Does anyone know if MS was a member of Bike Lafayette?

i think ppl think of a SK because DTL did some travelling. and i think at the end of it, he was the suspected to be involved with missing/murdered women in 3 states since the 90s.

then you add in Sean Gillis, the Houma SK, and the Jennings murders and ppl get a little paranoid.

you can say that again! Sean Gillis and DTL were killing at the same time. It was crazy scary here, so I can't help but be crazy scared again. i was scared with only MIckey missing, but throw in Jarin and you start to feel like all women in the area are sitting ducks.

well, i was hopeful that we'd get some new info today. i guess we sort of got something from the family PI. Prayers that we get closer to her tomorrow.

"After all tomorrow is another day...."
-Scarlett O'Hara

Well, since every time I step away from WS today, something happens, I hope by calling it a day something will happen again - Mickey will come home safely. I pray for this. And at times like this when there is little information,it can be very hard on all of us here, so I pray for peace for all of us at WS as well. Good night!

What do we really have?

1. MS still missing
2 MS and VOI spotted on cam (IMO that info only means she was there at that
point in time)
3. Bike found under whiskey bay bridge with a small amount of the frame above water.
Tire tracks "off road" leading to where the bike was found. LE believe it was placed
there same day and not dropped from bridge.
4. Possibly two suspects according to PI

What else?

I'm not saying this is a serial killer.

There have been serial killers who were over the road truck drivers. They cover great distance for a living and blend into traffic. Pick up victims one place, dispose of them 500 miles later.

Who looks at people just passing through?

I know- I grew up in the Pacific Northwest during the days when there were more serial killers than you could shake a stick at. Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer, and the I-5 Killer were the big ones- but there were plenty more. Here's a list for starters (note that many were mobile):

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Suspected-or-convicted-serial-killers-in-1107863.php

Still, the idea of someone kidnapping and killing three women in as many weeks is pretty wild, even for someone who believes all three of these disappearances could be connected. It took Andrew Cunanan, the noted spree killer, three months to kill five people.

I keep thinking of Mickey's young horseback riding students who are probably wondering what happened to their favorite teacher and why hasn't she come back. Kids can become very attached to teachers. I feel bad for them.

I was thinking about this today and went to the website where Mickey worked. They have her listed as trainer and show a beautiful picture of her jumping on a horse (is that the right way to say that?). They are waiting for her to come back because everything is the same on the website, I'm sure, as before she went missing.

It seems like a very nice establishment. Mickey began taking lessons there when she was only eight years old. She had accomplished competing at 'A' show level at age 15 in Child Adult Jumpers category. She has come up through the ropes and was in the process of training a five year old Hunter prospect (what does this mean exactly?) by the name of 'Hey Jude'. He must miss her. Her horse, that she came into her own on, name is 'Just Jerry'. Can you imagine what he's thinking? Where is my person?

They'd better catch the f'r who has made MS disappear. I can hardly stand it myself thinking of her life being extinguished by someone elses walk here on earth holding hands with satan. I want God to step in now and help us bring answers to this family and the community. LE should put peeps on these cases overtime and be aggressively looking into various angles in order to find out who is responsible - this cannot be tolerated. Even if some kind of freaky accident 'that snowballed out of control' (ugh! famous words of George Anthony) occurred, to keep the truth hidden is a terrible crime.

Today I took some time and focused on Mickey's accomplishments and her committment to her horses and her bringing joy to other little girls and boys through her teaching them how to ride.

Because of the truck being such a feature in this case, I hope LE checks out hired hands through the stables and peeps employed to keep up its operational needs. I don't know if they hire temporary people or if someone who she's worked with for years could have wanted her to be someone that she wasn't toward them - always a possibility. Just want them to cover all the angles so they don't miss something that will lead to the truth.

What do we really have?

1. MS still missing
point in time)
3. Bike found under whiskey bay bridge with a small amount of the frame above water.
Tire tracks "off road" leading to where the bike was found. LE believe it was placed

What else?

PI says he is or was in possession of 'items' that were in Mickey's possession (or with Mickey) at the time of her disappearance.

I might have missed stuff today, had to do some actual work - have they released a description of the POIs?

I know- I grew up in the Pacific Northwest during the days when there were more serial killers than you could shake a stick at. Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer, and the I-5 Killer were the big ones- but there were plenty more. Here's a list for starters (note that many were mobile):

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Suspected-or-convicted-serial-killers-in-1107863.php

Still, the idea of someone kidnapping and killing three women in as many weeks is pretty wild, even for someone who believes all three of these disappearances could be connected. It took Andrew Cunanan, the noted spree killer, three months to kill five people.

I'm not feeling like they're connected.

But I do think it's definitely possible to take three women in that amount of time.

PI says he is or was in possession of 'items' that were in Mickey's possession (or with Mickey) at the time of her disappearance.

I might have missed stuff today, had to do some actual work - have they released a description of the POIs?

He hasn't released a description ...PI has two "credible" sources that don't know each other and they came forward a few days apart. First time I here about items that were in MS possession.

I read that the items may have been in Mickey's possession. Has that changed?

What do we really have?

1. MS still missing
point in time)

What else?

We don't have it but LE has a last text message. Could hold a clue or could be nothing. I don't know text etiquette. If you receive a text in front of your friend, do you not mention who it is from? How do they know you received one unless you say 'I have a text' (but I'm not going to tell you who it's from :waitasec:). BW may know who and has been upfront about it to those who matter but can't publically say 'blah blah texted right before she left my house' because that would be doing what we aren't supposed to do as how can you conclude that person did something bad. Still needs to be checked out and could be an angle LE is questioning. They can't announce that either. So I understand how things have to stay under wraps at times. Even so, what evidence or how to get it would they need to charge somebody? Ya know?

Investigation Discovery on now 12:15 in Louisiana. 27 yo student bike rides and never returns home, body is found in a river, a fatal mistake leads to the killer! ETA: story out of Ottowa, Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly