LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blew the images up on photoshop and I don't think it's possible for them to be the same truck. The truck with the bed cover doesn't have the darker gas cover. It doesn't have the dark door handles and the door frames between the front and rear cabs appear black, not white. The truck passing Circle K does not have a bed cover and the back window doesn't appear to be as dark.

ACI... I am not saying you aren't correct because you are well informed it appears but I don't see how those two trucks can be the same.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I am SO over this WT bs. It doesn't matter either way bc there are so many and even if it were the same truck on St. Landry the only thing it gives us is the chrome gas cover which is easily removable.

But THANK YOU for pointing out what I have been trying to say all along during this whole WT debate.

This is frustrating the hell out of me!! How can people believe that the truck on University with bedcover is the same truck that is in the left turn lane on St. Landry?!?!! The truck on St. Landry has a chrome gas cover and BLACK or CHROME door handles, while the truck on University obviously does not! If anyone can show me where the handles and/or gas cover are anything other than white on the University truck, I would be willing to change my mind. I don't care what LE tells me (and if I remember correctly, LE told Artis that both trucks on St. Landry are the SAME - not sure where this other info came from since LE has not confirmed any such thing with MSM) I am going to trust what I see with my own eyes.

People think it's the same truck because the statement LE released says so. In the pic of the truck on university due to the poor quality, angle and reflection you can't see the gas cap or door handles anyway. We are looking at crappy pics while LE is looking at the full video and they identified it as the same truck whether we think it looks like it or not.

But for those not reading all the threads or posts, I'll say it again: If you think the two trucks in front of circle K are the same truck, that is perfectly fine. Just look for a Chevy Z71 with a chrome gas cap. Problem solved. It's still a needle in a haystack. I can throw a rock in any direction and still see five of them.

A.C.I

I saw on this to do list someone has on their facebook:
hire 2 private investigators and get them to follow each other

:)

It's important to note again that the two trucks in front of the Circle K are not the same truck. We've had enough people who know about trucks weigh in on that to be pretty definitive about it, and LE is only interested in the one picture. The truck facing toward University (in the opposite direction Mickey rode) is a crew cab, the truck that is still needs to be found is likely an extended cab.

This is important because extended cabs don't have handles on the rear doors. Unfortunately you can't see that on the picture but the consensus here is that it's an extended cab Z71 and shouldn't have handles on the back doors, so that's probably what people should be on the look out for.

Going back to the Versailles picture, I used to think the white blob was a reflection of the gate across the street. However, when looking at the speed limit sign and seeing a little of the white blob (for lack of a better word) carry over slightly, it makes more sense that something was whited out on purpose.

My main point is that whenever I look at this picture, it's hard for me to tell if MS is riding her bike, or if she is looking to her right with her right foot on the ground. IMO (And I apologize if this has been examined extensively already.)

I've found myself going back and forth with this too. When I enlarged the picture what appears to be her foot maybe touching the ground is I think the pedal of her bike.
When I adjusted the shadows, it appears there are broken lines around the white blob of light which might indicate photo manipulation or it could just be the transition from the bright white light to the grayer edges.

Watching the Lafayette traffic cams... I see it's a gray day there today.

Last night and this morning, in the couple of hours I was watching, I noticed there are literally 100's (maybe 1,000's) of white trucks driving around the city. I saw maybe half a dozen people on bikes, mostly this morning. What I didn't see is a single LE vehicle. 2 weeks ago a young girl was kidnapped/murdered/disappeared. I thought LE presence would be stepped up a bit.

I can speak to LE. My daughter's friend had too much to drink a few nights ago. The friend left the apt to walk a pretty good distance to the Krooked Nickel at 2 am. My daughter called LE and w/in a couple of minutes, LE found her and nicely allowed her to call my daughter to pick her up. They had sent out 3 cars to search the area. Their presence is definitely there even though it may not be obvious.

Does anyone know if MS was a member of Bike Lafayette?

She rode in some of the events. Don't know if it's the kind of thing where you have a formal membership.

The thing I find odd about BW's bike being stolen is that it was found.
Bikes are stolen all the time and I have never heard of one being found, I am sure someone somewhere has found their stolen bike but that would be rare. Anyway, if BW's bike was stolen by people who steal bikes to sell them, it would not be found.
Just my thoughts...

I've had three bikes stolen all at the same time. All three were recovered and returned to me.

In Laffy, it's a law that bikes must be registered when purchased. A sticker is placed on the bike. The number on the sticker is registered to the owner, and is on file, able to be looked up easily.

When a bike is found, LE merely checks the number and learns the name and address of the owner.

There is nothing strange about BW's bike going missing, being recovered, and nothing strange about how it was returned.

This is frustrating the hell out of me!! How can people believe that the

truck on University with bedcover is the same truck that is in the left turn lane on St. Landry?!?!! The truck on St. Landry has a chrome gas cover and BLACK or CHROME door handles, while the truck on University obviously does not! If anyone can show me where the handles and/or gas cover are anything other than white on the University truck, I would be willing to change my mind. I don't care what LE tells me (and if I remember correctly, LE told Artis that both trucks on St. Landry are the SAME - not sure where this other info came from since LE has not confirmed any such thing with MSM) I am going to trust what I see with my own eyes.

Here is how I believe it. LE first released a photo of a white truck in the left turning lane of St. Landry. (this is the initial picture). Next, they released the picture of the truck on University. This second photo was identified as "another view of the same truck in which it is obvious that the truck has a bed cover".

The truck headed ONTO St. Landry was identified as "a new VOI, a Chevy Z71". "headed in the same direction as Mickey."

It's easy peasy!

The officer who spoke to Artis was simply mistaken. MOO.

But also remember, due to the angle of the truck on university and the reflection on the side of the truck, you cant really tell if theres a chrome gas cap. You can't even really make out the door handles. Also keep in mind, these are pictures. LE has the actual video and they say it's the same truck

I don't doubt your knowledge ACI. The video would certainly provide a clearer image of course. As well as the fact that LE would have examined the truck itself before ruling it out.

These are the pics I used for comparison so I am sure you can see why I came to this conclusion but I can see how the angle could possibly effect the details. Thank you for your clarification!

Attachments

• Truck 1.jpg
    Truck 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Truck 3.jpg
    Truck 3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 63
I don't doubt your knowledge ACI. The video would certainly provide a clearer image of course. As well as the fact that LE would have examined the truck itself before ruling it out.

These are the pics I used for comparison so I am sure you can see why I came to this conclusion but I can see how the angle could possibly effect the details. Thank you for your clarification!

To me, the pic of the truck headed onto St. Landry has a shorter bed.

This is the same channel that featured the Jennings 8 a few months back. It was very interesting but dramatized and made some insinuations that there were certain people involved in the serial killings of these women. And these people had already been questioned and cleared by LE. IMO it over sensationlized for ratings purposes! Not sure how really accurate the show proved to be.

Last night I read this post but couldn't respond due to brain malfunction issues. :blushing:

The TV channel 'ID' features many different styles of shows that describe or feature crimes, either solved or unsolved. Some of the titles are ~ 'On the Case With Paula Zahn' that provides a detailed overview of a case; 'Blood, Lies & Alibis' that gives specific forensic info and explains crime scene analysis and draws the case to a conclusion; 'Motives & Murders' that details cases*; 'Dateline on ID' that uses reenactments and provides more mainstream coverage of a case; and 'Wicked Attraction' that is dramatization of cases involving people who personally do each other in or are unsuspecting of their partners evil doings.

All the shows above have aired or are scheduled to air today as I took them from today's guide. They're all different and some of the shows are detailed and some lean more toward the dramatization of a case.

*'Motives & Murders' re-airs today at 4PM central. It's the case of Ardeth Wood. Yesterday a poster mentioned it features elements of MS's case. I'm going to try to watch it today (darn, miss my Tivo).

I thought I read that Abdella doesn't think the WT is involved. I can't get the Advertiser link to open. Does anyone else remember reading this?

ACI-
Do you think LE is open to working with Abdella on investigating his leads, or is it going to be a turf war of sorts?

One last word about the truck in my pic 1 and I promise not to bring the white truck up again unless asked... In my pic it appears the white truck has those horrible things referred to as "truck nuts" hanging from the rear hitch. You can see them very clearly if you blow the pic up big enough.

I thought I read that Abdella doesn't think the WT is involved. I can't get the Advertiser link to open. Does anyone else remember reading this?

ACI-
Do you think LE is open to working with Abdella on investigating his leads, or is it going to be a turf war of sorts?

He said he wasn't concentrating on the WT. He didn't say he believed it wasn't involved.

One last word about the truck in my pic 1 and I promise not to bring the white truck up again unless asked... In my pic it appears the white truck has those horrible things referred to as "truck nuts" hanging from the rear hitch. You can see them very clearly if you blow the pic up big enough.

Lol, kgeaux must be blind! I can not clearly see anything hanging off the rear!

Like this.... Now out to the pool to enjoy the beautiful day.

Attachments

• Truck Nuts.jpg
    Truck Nuts.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 74
In Laffy, it's a law that bikes must be registered when purchased. A sticker is placed on the bike. The number on the sticker is registered to the owner, and is on file, able to be looked up easily.

I've never had to register a bike, ever... in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

From http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

UPDATE V: Additional Vehicles Sought in Search for Mickey
Original Release: May 26, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

Lafayette, LA – Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/Police/PressReleases/Picture 2.jpg

UPDATE IV: Mickey Captured on Video, White Pickup Sought
Original Release: May 25, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

Lafayette, LA – Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/Police/PressReleases/Truck(0151).jpg

After reading the Lafayette police web site AND having one of our WS'ers call the Police Dept who confirmed that they are the same truck on Landry - are there still those who must believe that LE is lying to the public??? Clearly, the truck on University had a bed cover and the other one does not.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member