LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. Charlie has left her whole life in Dallas. I imagine she and her dad have to get back to work and/or school.

Their lives are on indefinite hold. It's going to be excruciating for them, if more time goes by, exactly when to make that decision to resume.

To answer chickenfried: No one is saying for them to release everything. But they need to let the public in on SOMETHING. There are tactful ways to release info without jeopardizing a case. I know, because I do it all the time. LE is running around town protecting and serving while responding to hundreds of different crimes a day. We are the eyes and ears of the city and need to be more informed...period. fisherman found the bike, not LE. Same as in damn near any case. Its the public who sees or hears something that turns out to be the lead LE needs. So they need to keep people up to date about what the **** theyre looking for and where. We've got more boots on the ground than them.

Now you're beginning to sound like me, I say the same thing in every case I've followed.

I haven't seen this link put out there before, so thought I'd share.

I've been watching it for about an hour... creeping all you Lafayette locals.

It's the live traffic cams for all over the city.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Johnston_TrafficCameras.aspx

edit: interesting way to stalk someone if you know their normal route.

Oh, my gosh! That is so COOL! Now kgeaux better run to the kitchen and pretend she's been cooking dinner, cuz I just spied hubby's big ol' truck heading down Kaliste Saloom toward home!

I'm not Chicken, LOL. But I do have a kid in that age range, one who is into the same hipster type lifestyle, bike riding, and attends many of the same events that Mickey and her friends attend.....my kid and Mickey's circle of friends have many friends in common.

So, from day 2, my son (the 21 year old) has been telling me it is stupid to hold out any hope. He bases his opinion on the fact that zero evidence was found of whatever happened to Mickey....so to him, that means someone had bad enough intentions to completely cover his tracks. He works with a couple of Mickey's personal friends, and they seem to be holding on to hope that she is being held by someone and will eventually escape or be released.

I think the young people of Lafayette are all over the board on this.

I don't disagree with your son, unfortunately. I'm close to certain she's gone.

Elizabeth Smart is the only reason I'm 'close to certain'

I was so thunderstruck when Elizabeth came home. But I know she's one in millions.

I haven't seen this link put out there before, so thought I'd share.

I've been watching it for about an hour... creeping all you Lafayette locals.

It's the live traffic cams for all over the city.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Johnston_TrafficCameras.aspx

edit: interesting way to stalk someone if you know their normal route.

I was up at search HQ today in my old 4-door "hoopty," and boy did I get a hard stare from a volunteer who was pulling out of the lot. She almost clipped me pulling around me, she was staring at me so hard.

I just wish we had more answers in this case.

And did I miss something, did someone (PI) find items that may be connected to Mickey or belong to her or the perp?

As of yesterday they were saying they will be out there sending out searches until she is home. So that is a lil puzzling.

As a normal Joan Schmo from Lafayette, I would love it if LPD pretended they cared that we realize they are on top of things by giving some kind of update.

I do have a couple very close relatives that are LE (not city pd tho) so I'm not criticizing.... just sayin' (as they say now).

And did I miss something, did someone (PI) find items that may be connected to Mickey or belong to her or the perp?

They are possibly items that possibly belonged to Mickey in some way shape or form who may or may not be a missing person. But I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility Mickey owned items. I will tell you this news though.....we have news....possibly.

To answer chickenfried: No one is saying for them to release everything. But they need to let the public in on SOMETHING. There are tactful ways to release info without jeopardizing a case. I know, because I do it all the time. LE is running around town protecting and serving while responding to hundreds of different crimes a day. We are the eyes and ears of the city and need to be more informed...period. fisherman found the bike, not LE. Same as in damn near any case. Its the public who sees or hears something that turns out to be the lead LE needs. So they need to keep people up to date about what the **** theyre looking for and where. We've got more boots on the ground than them.

A.C.I in the Sierra Lamar case here on the forum and even people I talked to since I live close .i heard and read the same thing that the public needs to know more. The LE needs to tell us more . I for one have always figured there is a good reason that the LE keep things close to the vest and don't say much.
In Sierra case they made an arrest and people's jaws dropped.
So sometimes silence is the best thing . IMHO

Nothing justifies or excuses stony silence from LE. They at least should make an appearance every other day or so, if for no other reason than to assure that they are still hot and heavy on the search for Mickey. Would a status update be too much to ask?

The long and short of it: yes lol.

I was so thunderstruck when Elizabeth came home. But I know she's one in millions.

Elizabeth was such a specific case, taken for a specific reason...and a child to boot. The few who have "come back" seem to be those taken as children. Very few adults.

I just found the bike to be a very ominous sign, when it was found so quickly. There would be no desperate reason to get rid of it, IMO, if Mickey was stashed someplace; the bike could have been stashed alongside her. Getting rid of the bike so fast=getting rid of all traces of evidence to the crime.

JMO

PI says he is or was in possession of 'items' Mickey had with her the night she disappeared. It's typically cryptic.

Oh, my gosh! That is so COOL! Now kgeaux better run to the kitchen and pretend she's been cooking dinner, cuz I just spied hubby's big ol' truck heading down Kaliste Saloom toward home!

It is cool. I've been scrolling through cameras at 75 different intersections watching for white trucks to get pulled over.

I was up at search HQ today in my old 4-door "hoopty," and boy did I get a hard stare from a volunteer who was pulling out of the lot. She almost clipped me pulling around me, she was staring at me so hard.

Chicken Fried,
Did you see (at least when I stopped by) a 4 door white with door handles that looked like the DWT (not sure if it was Z71- didn't see a decal) in front of the "Lafayette Loves Mickey" sign on the coliseum (there was a policeman standing on the side of it of it, between it and the building, when I went it, so I assumed it was his personal vehicle). I mean to say that it's ironic because there are so many white 4 door Silverados (and tons of them are Z71s) all over Lafayette that there's even one in front of the coliseum (or was when I was there around 12:45 today). I counted SIX of them in Lafayette in a hour running around doing errands yesterday and three of them today just on my commute. I just think of Mickey's parents- every white 4 door Z71 they see, they'll be wishing they could stop them and make sure they haven't seen Mickey and aren't THE white 4 door Z71. That has to be hard for them given how many of them there are in Lafayette.

How can you forget Jaycee Dugard ? She is the one that until there is a body I never give up hope.

Holy Moses! Are all cities like this?

My naïveté is showing.

There is no place in the world like Lafayette. :)

/you bring to mind Chicken Fried's earlier comments about drunk cajuns and blind cows

LE is going to lose the publics interest in this case and thats THEIR fault. People are more than willing to help, but we need guidance on what they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly