LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A.C.I., When this is all over, I will gladly buy you a bottle of your favorite libation, brewed, fermented or distilled, and if it ends well, I will happily help you empty said bottle. Please keep at it!

A.C.I in the Sierra Lamar case here on the forum and even people I talked to since I live close .i heard and read the same thing that the public needs to know more. The LE needs to tell us more . I for one have always figured there is a good reason that the LE keep things close to the vest and don't say much.
In Sierra case they made an arrest and people's jaws dropped.
So sometimes silence is the best thing . IMHO

Agree 100%

Is the family's PI a good one? I think it's weird he's sharing any of this information at all to be completely honest.

PI says he is or was in possession of 'items' Mickey had with her the night she disappeared. It's typically cryptic.

He said possible items of Mickey's, if I remember correctly. Not confirmed.

A.C.I., When this is all over, I will gladly buy you a bottle of your favorite libation, brewed, fermented or distilled, and if it ends well, I will happily help you empty said bottle. Please keep at it!

Thanks. I have a feeling Im gonna need it

I haven't seen this link put out there before, so thought I'd share.

I've been watching it for about an hour... creeping all you Lafayette locals.

It's the live traffic cams for all over the city.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Johnston_TrafficCameras.aspx

edit: interesting way to stalk someone if you know their normal route.

There is also an iphone app, Lafayette Traffic, with all the cameras in real time. Also has a listing of all the accidents in town.

Maybe if there are items of Mickey's that were found and the possible POI(s), this is good news and we'e closer to finding Mickey than we think. I hope so anyway.

I'm still bothered by calling off the ground searches, though. I think this is because of the small numbers of volunteers that came during the weekdays, though, rather than anything else. I think media reported only like 10-15 searchers were coming now.

Their lives are on indefinite hold. It's going to be excruciating for them, if more time goes by, exactly when to make that decision to resume.

Of course. But unless they are independently wealthy, I assume they have to return to work eventually. I know I would...

Elizabeth was such a specific case, taken for a specific reason...and a child to boot. The few who have "come back" seem to be those taken as children. Very few adults.

I just found the bike to be a very ominous sign, when it was found so quickly. There would be no desperate reason to get rid of it, IMO, if Mickey was stashed someplace; the bike could have been stashed alongside her. Getting rid of the bike so fast=getting rid of all traces of evidence to the crime.

JMO

I know. I suppose I'm harboring the notion that Mickey is/was tiny enough to be mistaken for someone much younger

That notion doesn't hold water when I factor in the time of night.

They are possibly items that possibly belonged to Mickey in some way shape or form who may or may not be a missing person. But I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility Mickey owned items. I will tell you this news though.....we have news....possibly.

?????

Before I came over here to Mickey's thread I had been reading 600 pages of douments that LE in Tuscon Arizona, on the Isabel Celis case, my eyes were beginning to cross on the hours of info that we were posting so that people could reference it easily from all those documents. The case is still sitting there, I check back in now and then and it's not really progressing much either. It's just a shame.

I'm not bothering to look for trucks. It's useless.

Chicken Fried,
Did you see (at least when I stopped by) a 4 door white with door handles that looked like the DWT (not sure if it was Z71- didn't see a decal) in front of the "Lafayette Loves Mickey" sign on the coliseum (there was a policeman standing on the side of it of it, between it and the building, when I went it, so I assumed it was his personal vehicle). I mean to say that it's ironic because there are so many white 4 door Silverados (and tons of them are Z71s) all over Lafayette that there's even one in front of the coliseum (or was when I was there around 12:45 today). I counted SIX of them in Lafayette in a hour running around doing errands yesterday and three of them today just on my commute. I just think of Mickey's parents- every white 4 door Z71 they see, they'll be wishing they could stop them and make sure they haven't seen Mickey and aren't THE white 4 door Z71. That has to be hard for them given how many of them there are in Lafayette.

''If they have a line on the perps and they're local, which I suspect they are, but have to narrow down who exactly they're looking for, out of a group of possible acquaintances of the perps, I'm not surprised the case is locked down tight - probably for good reason. They've got quite a lid on it, don't they? Quite an accomplishment in the land of the only thing faster than the speed of light: The CajunNet.

LOL, I always say that if you sneeze at one end of town, they're saying God bless you at the other end.

I haven't seen this link put out there before, so thought I'd share.

I've been watching it for about an hour... creeping all you Lafayette locals.

It's the live traffic cams for all over the city.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Johnston_TrafficCameras.aspx

edit: interesting way to stalk someone if you know their normal route.

My daughter and her friends moved to Lafayette. I so want to glue myself to those cameras to make sure they're ok. Goofy, I know but I'm nervous.

Chicken,
Do you talk to the young people in Lafayette that are Mickey's age? If you do, what are they saying? Are they still hopeful?

My daughter and her friends went to a psychic for readings and they asked about Mickey. They were told some things, a few of which seem to jive with reports and they're very impressed. Of course, I'm sure there was gossip on the ground which can be a psychic's best friend.

Wow, that would be HUGE. I'd love to hear confirmation.

My heart breaks for her family. I've always thought that it has to be the worst. Not knowing if they're dead or alive, in pain, etc. I cannot imagine.
Praying for Mickey and her loved ones.

I agree. There's no thanks button in this app. =\

There is! Just click on the top of the post- like right by the posters picture (but not on the picture) and it gives you the option to Thank.

Of course. But unless they are independently wealthy, I assume they have to return to work eventually. I know I would...

Perhaps getting back to work can help push the demons away for a while?

How can you forget Jaycee Dugard ? She is the one that until there is a body I never give up hope.

I didn't forget her. Elizabeth Smart was the first one that astounded me, so she immediately comes to mind.

Have you read 'Room' by Emma Donoghue?

There is also an iphone app, Lafayette Traffic, with all the cameras in real time. Also has a listing of all the accidents in town.

Does it also come with an extra-large RAM chip so that the size of the listing doesn't consume all the memory and lock up the phone?
;)

I STILL find it strange that BW had his bike stolen by a security guard and a cop posted on the FB page that he had it and was holding it for BW. Kinda like there was a certain "group" picking on BW and maybe even Mickey and their "crowd."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop