LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are possibly items that possibly belonged to Mickey in some way shape or form who may or may not be a missing person. But I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility Mickey owned items. I will tell you this news though.....we have news....possibly.

What does this mean..."may or may not be a missing person"?

Oh, my gosh! That is so COOL! Now kgeaux better run to the kitchen and pretend she's been cooking dinner, cuz I just spied hubby's big ol' truck heading down Kaliste Saloom toward home!

There is a "Lafayette Traffic" free app for IPhone that shows all the cameras, too.

Perhaps getting back to work can help push the demons away for a while?

I don't know. Some families of missing people say that returning to work helped them by focusing on something else part of the day and others (like Karen Bobo) have said they were unable to go back to work at all because they couldn't focus on their jobs I guess.

Unfortunately there's not much choice if you have to work to put food on the table and keep your house. Most of us would have no choice but to return to our jobs.

We've seen plenty of cases here at WS that got just as much attention and support as Mickey's case has...and yet they are all mostly still missing. :(

<SNIP>

This case is so frustrating because it seemed in the beginning that with so many cameras being talked about, and the intrigue of the truck, that it was surely going to be solved quickly, at least as far as an arrest. But as to finding victims...I fear if it happens, it will be more like the case of the body that was just discovered by chance in Bay St. Louis...

JMO

One of the things that frustrates and worries me about this case is that there seems to be very little to go on. In most of the cases, there is usually a suspicious cast of characters with ties to the victim or crime. Heck, in this case we don't even have a crime scene - at least, not that we're aware of. All we know is that Mickey and her bike vanished into thin air. How? Where? Why? Who? When? Do we have an answer to one of those questions? :banghead:

They are possibly items that possibly belonged to Mickey in some way shape or form who may or may not be a missing person. But I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility Mickey owned items. I will tell you this news though.....we have news....possibly.

Are you being facetious (again)?

Are you sure of this info? It's my understanding that they never discovered who stole it.

I STILL find it strange that BW had his bike stolen by a security guard and a cop posted on the FB page that he had it and was holding it for BW. Kinda like there was a certain "group" picking on BW and maybe even Mickey and their "crowd."

I STILL find it strange that BW had his bike stolen by a security guard and a cop posted on the FB page that he had it and was holding it for BW. Kinda like there was a certain "group" picking on BW and maybe even Mickey and their "crowd."

I remember reading that his bike had been stolen, but not that it was by a security guard.

A.C.I. were you able to listen to the old scanner feeds?

Are you sure of this info? It's my understanding that they never discovered who stole it.

I thought I remember seeing it posted on the "Find Brettly's Bike / Bike Lafayette" FB page. It was when this case first started.

I have been following a few missing people at Websleuths for a year now and Mickey Shunick's case prompted me to join. I have to say the similarity of Mickey to Lauren Spierer was startling, they have so many things in common. I know it has been said that the two cases are not related but it makes me wonder, even so.

I have a daughter who is 30 years old but I still worry about her when she's out and I still call her almost everyday. Things have changed so much since I was young, my grandchildren will never know what it's like to run outside and play and be care free. When I was young we had to be close enough to hear my mom's whistle. Now our children need to be in sight of someone, even if it means using a buddy system or going in groups. (Grown-ups should do this too.)

Even as an adult, I no longer walk or ride alone at night and I don't go to isolated places during the day. I miss my solitary nature walks, but it's not worth the risk to go alone. It's not fair but it does seem to be the "new normal" more like the "new ab-normal".

Many people also seem to believe in the notion that bad things don't happen to good people, the idea that if we are a good person that our goodness will protect us. I wish it were so, but it is not. We must teach ourselves and our family members to think in a different way now. We don't want to always assume the worst obviously, but we can no longer just assume that we are safe, either. Vigilance, awareness of ones surroundings, don't travel alone at night, be somewhat guarded when you encounter strangers etc.

Maybe these bars could put up posters to remind people, especially young women, to be careful walking or traveling alone at night.
:please:

Ok. I burst out laughing.

But I am very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads