LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see this thread losing steam...but inevitable with no new info coming out and the searches coming to an end.

Now it is up to LE; they are the only ones who can provide anything new or at least make a statement. The family can only do so much and are probably close to the breaking point by now.

As for the truck...seems hard to believe that if it is relatively local, that anyone selling such a truck, or suddenly being without one, or with a damaged one, etc...would go unnoticed by others. I do wonder if LE is still getting a number of calls and "tips", or if that part of the case, too, has faltered with so little to be heard from officials.

Tasha said it was a white GMC Sierra 2500 Texas Edition. What sketch?

http://m.dailymail.co.uk/mobile/news/article.html?articleID=2156777

Yes, and some of them have Z71 decals. Z71 is an off road package. It can be a feature on many different types of trucks including the GMC. Most of them are 4 wheel drive but not all of them. Some Z71 decals say 4x4 or off-road. I think they all have skid plates which could create some of the light shown reflecting off the road in the pics.

I am certain I saw a sketch of a middle aged man with thinning wispy hair that appeared to be stocky or heavyset. Unfortunately, I don't know where!

this is absolutely insane that we cant get the vehicles right!!! If the white trucks in front of the circle K on St. Landry are NOT the same, then that means there were actually FOUR vehicles in question and NOT THREE. Please can someone clarify, since we have
1) hooptie
2) white truck with bed cover
3) white truck with chrome gas tank cover heading towards the left.
4) white truck heading towards the right on st landry.

i though 3 & 4 were the same truck

It's my understanding that 2&3 on your list are the same truck.

Very frustrating to still be talking about what truck is what after all these threads.

Yeah I think you missed something. LE stated the truck with the chrome gas cap and the one with the bed cover are the same truck, and they have ruled it out.

Ok. So the white truck still in question only passed the Circle K once? Sorry. Have been trying to keep up.

Ok. So the white truck still in question only passed the Circle K once? Sorry. Have been trying to keep up.

the truck with chrome tank cover does not have a bed cover, right?
wish we could get this straight because it doesnt make any sense to me how if it is the same truck, then how could it have a bed cover in one pic and not in the other???
anyway, the truck with bed cover looks lower to the ground, but that could just be the image.

It's my understanding that 2&3 on your list are the same truck.

Very frustrating to still be talking about what truck is what after all these threads.

I thought 3 and 4 were the same also. It made so much more sence when they were the same. Since it has been widely reported they are looking for a Chevy Z71, I assume LE is certain of this fact that it is a Chevy. I am just amazed that the GMC and the Chevy are so similar.

Have they checked in the woods behind the mall and there are some wooded areas behind pet smart if u cut through kohls parking lot and take that back street to the mall, I gotta eery feeling yesterday when I drove by there going to work

Yeah I think you missed something. LE stated the truck with the chrome gas cap and the one with the bed cover are the same truck, and they have ruled it out.

While you're here can you please definitively say what you're saying? I have such a one-track mind that I've not even tried to study the truck photos - figuring that others here would figure it out. But it keeps going 'round and 'round.

Are you saying that the ONLY photo of the wanted truck is the one in front of Circle K heading west on St. Landry in the same direction as Mickey, and we should DISCARD the other two truck photos?

Watching the Lafayette traffic cams... I see it's a gray day there today.

Last night and this morning, in the couple of hours I was watching, I noticed there are literally 100's (maybe 1,000's) of white trucks driving around the city. I saw maybe half a dozen people on bikes, mostly this morning. What I didn't see is a single LE vehicle. 2 weeks ago a young girl was kidnapped/murdered/disappeared. I thought LE presence would be stepped up a bit.

I haven't seen this link put out there before, so thought I'd share.

I've been watching it for about an hour... creeping all you Lafayette locals.

It's the live traffic cams for all over the city.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Johnston_TrafficCameras.aspx

edit: interesting way to stalk someone if you know their normal route.

I recognize some of these streets cos of MS's route home that night but not the most important one=where she was actually abducted..If it had been seen how helpful would it really be? They'd know the vehicle (WT?) & how it all went down but that's only if they find the witness to be credible..And how would they determine that? I assume these live shots are not recorded..Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think it would lead them to the perp or Mickey either way..So, why should I believe IF it can be seen on one of the many cameras so many are looking for on buildings in the area be any different? Unless there's a clear view of the perp or better still the license plate of the vehicle but seriously, what are the odds of that? It's a safe bet they don't have the license plate (yet!) or they'd already have their perp..I'm not saying to give up looking but I fear it's nothing but a waste of time..Hopefully, I'm dead (no pun) WRONG! about this.

the truck with chrome tank cover does not have a bed cover, right?
wish we could get this straight because it doesnt make any sense to me how if it is the same truck, then how could it have a bed cover in one pic and not in the other???
anyway, the truck with bed cover looks lower to the ground, but that could just be the image.

I blew the images up on photoshop and I don't think it's possible for them to be the same truck. The truck with the bed cover doesn't have the darker gas cover. It doesn't have the dark door handles and the door frames between the front and rear cabs appear black, not white. The truck passing Circle K does not have a bed cover and the back window doesn't appear to be as dark.

ACI... I am not saying you aren't correct because you are well informed it appears but I don't see how those two trucks can be the same.

I mostly lurk here, and very occasionally post. I've been reading this thread almost from the beginning. I've been pretty cynical about a lot of "leads" and possibilities, but the one thing that caught my eye more than any other is the May 9th post on Bike Lafayette about Brettly's bike. I know many don't want to think there's any connection between his bike being stolen and Mickey's disappearance. But that is one of the strangest things I've read since following Mickey's case. Something feels very "off" about it. My husband read it and agrees. It's brought me back to thinking that Mickey may have been abducted by someone she knew, that she went willingly because it was someone she trusted.

According to the press release, the first VOI released, the one going east and away from Mickey and the truck on university are the same truck and have been ruled out. The truck going west following Mickey is the VOI. http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

According to the website...as of May 25th, they still state the white truck shown passing the Circle K twice is the same truck and still unidentified. They show two separate pics and do not state either have been ruled out. Now, perhaps there has been a new development not stated here.

I blew the images up on photoshop and I don't think it's possible for them to be the same truck. The truck with the bed cover doesn't have the darker gas cover. It doesn't have the dark door handles and the door frames between the front and rear cabs appear black, not white. The truck passing Circle K does not have a bed cover and the back window doesn't appear to be as dark.

ACI... I am not saying you aren't correct because you are well informed it appears but I don't see how those two trucks can be the same.

It has been my understanding, since someone on here called LE to confirm, the truck in front of Circle K is the same truck. No bed cover. Chrome gas cover. It IS the truck in question. The truck on University is a completely separate truck. Bed cover. No chrome gas cover. LE has spoken with driver.

Lafayette, LA – Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.

The initial vehicle was the one traveling away from Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas