LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it's tabloid sister, The Huffington Post, The Daily Mail is a trash operation. They simply made up that "mangled" information.

Even ABC used the words "badly damaged" and Charlie replied saying that was a bit of a stretch." Obviously she'd already seen it.

Yes...more body parts were found as well. (Jaren, so there is no confusion.)

oh noooo. i missed that. i cleaned house today. can they get DNA off that body? if the perps are the same that would be helpful. a part of me thinks they are the same, but a part of me doesn't. Jaren's career opens the door to all kinds of crazies with obsessions and or hate etc. so that leads me to believe that whoever killed her was not who took Mickey. but both of them being little and blond and so close location wise makes me think it could be.

That isn't exactly a safe place to abandon a vehicle even if you do it all the time to work offshore.

Why is it unsafe to park there? Is it liable to be stolen? Is there safer places nearby to park? Why is a truck parked in Texas being tied to Mickeys disappearance?

I'm on the record here of hating those kinds of insinuations. There is NO reason to think that Brettly ever got "weird" on Mickey. None whatsoever. It borders on character assassination to imply stuff like that. And, if anyone wants to conjure up possible realities, then it could just as easily have been Mickey who had a crush on Brettly. That said, nothing indicates anything like that and they were planning to be roommates in NOLA. Having had many good male friends in my life, including three who were roommates, Brettly looks like someone I would would have been friends with.

Okay, please calm down. A man making a pass at a woman is not character assassination. That said, I don't think MS would have put up with that and I'm with you, BW valued their friendship too much to do anything to jeopardize it.

That post that I responded to said from something like 2007 to now, I think, not from the 1960s to now.

Sorry. The part I read (not sure if it was from the original poster's thread or maybe a re-typed version) said:

"Originally Posted by JenMom
I read this today and though it was an astounding fact...
In 1961, 93% of murders were solved. In 2009, only 62% of them were."

Maybe I misunderstood?

Men can be like that. You don't think he respected her boundaries? Maybe if he was drinking or something he'd get sloppy. That said, why would she be planning to go to New Orleans with him then? Behavior like that would get annoying if true. She'd be stuck there with him with nowhere else to go. I don't know, it seems he accepted her choices and just liked her for herself.
I wonder why he and Emily broke up. Why would they have to break up unless their relationship wasn't that great to begin with. How long had they gone out together and were they considered an item? Just wondering out loud as BW verbalized that MS and E had a strained relationship.

If BW did have a crush on her and she received a text from another guy before leaving, then she wouldn't have told BW who sent it. And, if she'd started seeing someone, that would have been kept a secret too. That's what I would do in the situation, at least until I knew if it was going anywhere.

oh noooo. i missed that. i cleaned house today. can they get DNA off that body? if the perps are the same that would be helpful. a part of me thinks they are the same, but a part of me doesn't. Jaren's career opens the door to all kinds of crazies with obsessions and or hate etc. so that leads me to believe that whoever killed her was not who took Mickey. but both of them being little and blond and so close location wise makes me think it could be.

It is being said she left the club with three men...(Jaren)

I get the impression that BW might have had a "crush" on Mickey and that she only liked him as a friend. So when he would get "weird" on her, she'd make an excuse to leave.

Yeah, but she left Artmosphere and went with Brettly to Taco Bell and back to his house. If she felt odd around him, why would she go with him?

Why is it unsafe to park there? Is it liable to be stolen? Is there safer places nearby to park? Why is a truck parked in Texas being tied to Mickeys disappearance?

LaPorte has a pretty high crime rate when it comes to theft, burglary, auto theft, etc.

Yeah, but she left Artmosphere and went with Brettly to Taco Bell and back to his house. If she felt odd around him, why would she go with him?

I didn't mean the term "weird" in a horrible way. I meant that maybe he started steering the conversation into something about how he feels about her or whatever. Not that he came onto her strongly and she left angry with him or that she felt really uncomfortable. Maybe she found a way to excuse herself because she just really wants to be friends and that's it. I know of people who are really into their feelings when they drink.

If BW did have a crush on her and she received a text from another guy before leaving, then she wouldn't have told BW who sent it. And, if she'd started seeing someone, that would have been kept a secret too. That's what I would do in the situation, at least until I knew if it was going anywhere.

STOP. read my post carefully. I have not said anything bad about BW. I'm trying to understand who MS is. touchy.

If you go back you'll find tons of entire threads that talk only about white trucks. You can :deadhorse: til your hearts content

lol. Amen to that. Anyone starting that now is way behind. It is very simple to understand. Truck pictured by Circle K that is headed in the same direction as MS is a newer model (read 2007 and up). The truck in front of Circle K headed the opposite direction of MS, and the one pictured on another street* headed away from the camera are the same truck, are older models(prior to 2007) and have been ruled out.

*Sorry I don't recall the name of the street at the moment.

Sorry to bring this up again. But just in case I missed it. Did the lady who posted from lake Charles about white duelly/daquari shop abandoned ever post again? I was hoping for a follow up on that.

That person is over at the psychic forum and I saw that she called the police about it. Don't know any more than that.

I know they're on Magazine Street and near the uptown universiities.

A lot of otherwise intelligent, cautious women have gotten into vehicles and been abducted thousands of times before.

Maybe it is what happened in her case and maybe it isn't. But, it does happen all the time.

I have thought it likely from the first few days after she went missing that she was bumped on her bike and then taken or went along willingly. I think maybe willingly because none of her stuff was found or anything on her route.

I had a friend in undergrad who was hit while riding her bike, not hurt badly but her bike was banged up, who took a ride back to campus with the guy who hit her. Now, this happened in broad daylight, the driver was in a Mercedes in a wealthy area, so she decided it was "safe" to ride with him. He took her back to campus without incident and offered to bring her to the hospital if she wanted. She is now a medical doctor, so she's no idiot. She just trusted that he'd bring her back and since he was in a Mercedes, she figured it was "safe" since people don't think often think of the wealthy as being dangerous as opposed to guy in run-down vehicle or a vagrant, for whatever reasons (and just saying- a $55,000 truck is as expensive as some Mercedes are). She had a cell phone but didn't call anyone between being hit and arriving back at campus.

Just saying. She could definitely have gotten in the vehicle willingly after being purposely bumped. Even if she wasnt terribly hurt - or bleeding- her bike may have been unrideable. especially if she was hit on or near Coliseum (which I see as the most likely place since its so desolate in the day, let alone at night), she wouldn't want to walk down Coliseum at night, as that's much slower than riding and would mean she'd be on the desolate street alone for longer. She may not wanted to have to walk with her bike (which may have been in such bad shape that it couldn't be moved without being carried; MS would not have left her beloved bike behind) and he/they would be able to take her and bike home or to the hospital. Figures he/they cannot be serial killers because out society presents the bad guypoorer diving beat up cars, and these people/thus guy are in an expensive truck. Maybe she didn't call or text anyone because she didn't want to worry them, especially if her parents were always warning against biking at night, for example. As soon as she got it in, he/they disabled her phone and subdued her.

That's my theory. I hope it's not true but it seems to me to be the most likely.

Okay, I'll calm down. It's true we don't know who sent the text and we don't know if BW knows. But I'll bet LE knows so that's a good thing.

Just to point something out. There isn't a hospital on St. Landry. The old Lourdes used to be there, but they moved recently-ish. But otherwise, it's a plausible theory.

Thanks for your post...I'm not from Lafayette and when I google map St. Landry the hospital is showing up on the left side (headed in the direction that Mickey was going) of St. Landry. What is in that space now? I was wondering why there were no ER surveillance cameras at the hospital to capture more images. That explains that! If this building is empty and dark, then that stretch between where Lourdes was and Coliseum Road may have given the perp a good location to grab her without causing much of a disturbance. Locals will have better insight into that stretch than me. What do you think?
...You know, even if the perp offered to drive her to the new hospital location (not sure which Lafayette hospital might be closer), it could still be a viable reason for Mickey to have gotten in or been helped in the vehicle without much protest. If her bike is damaged, she can't continued riding it home and she is still a good walking distance from home. As for texting someone, she may have been about to do this - I guess, she would have carried the phone in her backpack and this would have taken effort to retrieve. She may have planned to do this in his car/truck; but when she takes it out, the phone could have been taken from her and turned off by the perp. Heck, the perp could have offered to phone someone for her with his phone, if she were injured. It may have happened so fast that reasonable thought was just not applied by Mickey. I do agree that if she were injured (bleeding) then evidence should have been noticeable on the street. So that is hopeful perhaps, that Mickey did not have serious injuries at the scene of the abduction. JMO

I also saw that the bike was missing the gold handle bar covers? Did you all see that...it made me think of a "stranger danger" tip that my kids were taught. The tip was if someone tries to grab you off of your bike to hold on to the handle bars with your hands and wrap your legs around the frame. Grabbing a child and throwing them in a car is one thing, but grabbing a child and bike to throw in your car is quite another.

Okay, please calm down. A man making a pass at a woman is not character assassination. That said, I don't think MS would have put up with that and I'm with you, BW valued their friendship too much to do anything to jeopardize it.

I agree with you woe.be.gone. It is possible BW had a crush on her. No matter what none of us feel he is the least bit responsible. However, she may not have shared key info on other guys with him if this were the case.

Bottom line is, none of us know, and this is just working another angle. I was confused about whether BW knew who sent the text before she left his house. He said their other friends had called them to go to Mel's but then he just mentioned a text, but other info. The LE could have told him not to say who sent it. Either way, the LE know who sent the message through getting info from her service provider.

JMO and I know I'm grasping at straws. This could all be completely irrelevant.

From KTGirl:

"Just saying. She could definitely have gotten in the vehicle willingly after being purposely bumped. especially if she was hit on or near Coliseum (which I see as the most likely place since its so desolate in the day, let alone at night). She may not wanted to have to walk with her bike (which may have been in such bad shape that it couldn't be moved without being carried; MS would not have left her beloved bike behind) and he/they would be able to take her and bike home or to the hospital. Figures he/they cannot be serial killers because out society presents the bad guypoorer diving beat up cars, and these people/thus guy are in an expensive truck. Maybe she didn't call or text anyone because she didn't want to worry them, especially if her parents were always warning against biking at night, for example. As soon as she got it in, he/they disabled her phone and subdued her."

I'm a single woman living in Lafayette. Until this happened, I would have done that very thing. But Mickey seems a little smarter than I was at that age, so maybe she wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers