LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind I will copy this and post on my facebook!
Giving you credit and a link to Websleuths as well!

Yes please do, and many thanks to you and everyone here that care for our missing brothers and sisters.

Please feel free to copy/paste anywhere:
Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. http://www.findmickeynow.com/

For those of you that live in the area... Have you heard of the "knock out game"? It started out as young people, usually men, approaching a victim and punching them unexpectedly, trying to knock them out. Now, it has escalated into groups of young men that attack a lone bicyclist.

It may be a gang initiation type activity. There are alerts for this in some communities. Just not safe to do anything anymore.

Yes please do, and many thanks to you and everyone here that care for our missing brothers and sisters.

DONE

For those of you that live in the area... Have you heard of the "knock out game"? It started out as young people, usually men, approaching a victim and punching them unexpectedly, trying to knock them out. Now, it has escalated into groups of young men that attack a lone bicyclist.

It may be a gang initiation type activity. There are alerts for this in some communities. Just not safe to do anything anymore.
That is horrific !

http://theadvocate.com/home/3048148-77/sister-woman-found-in-miss

This article doesn't give me hope that the police have any solid leads, and it sounds as though the scope of this case has overwhelmed the LPD. I fear this may be a situation where LE has focused their investigation on a particular lead or theory, and therefore overlooked some valid tips as rumors and nonsense. MOO

I keep thinking about our frustration vs Mickey's family's never ending nightmare.

I can b¡*€# & moan about lack of progress or speculation, but at the end of the day, I can turn away from the screen and step back into my normal life.

Her family is stuck in this pit with no resolution for the foreseeable future. They can't say they've lost her, but they can't find her. They can't rescue her and they can't lay her to rest. That's a whole separate universe of frustration, grief and rage.

I hope they don't have to linger between worlds as long as Etan Patz's family.

It sounds like you have selected not to see avatars and signatures in your thread display options, BW. Is it just recently that you haven't been able to see avatars?

User Control Panel (User CP)->scroll down menu on left to Settings and Options->click Edit Options->scroll down to Thread Display Options and check appropriate box(es)

OK ... GREAT!! I can see everybody again! bessie, that did the trick -- thanks to you and to everybody else who offered suggestions.

Now, how in the world did that get messed up? (Been going on a week or two, I guess.) Sometimes I stay logged in and leave the room and when I come back in, one of my cats is lounging on my keyboard. Hmmm. You know what they say: "On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." (So if Backwoods starts posting really out-of-character stuff ... y'all know who to blame!)

Are you saying that this is something that happens in Lafayette, or elsewhere?
TIA

Breaking news on WWL:

Posted: Sunday, 10 June 2012 8:52PM

I-10 closed both directions over Bonnett Carre

I-10 remains closed in both directions between Williams Boulevard in Kenner and LaPlace due to a police action on the Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge.

A State Police spokeswoman says officers have closed the interstate in both directions until further notice.

The best alternate route is Highway 61 (Airline Drive / Airline Highway.)

http://www.wwl.com/I-10-closed-both-directions-over-Bonnett-Carre/13395910

Hmmmmm ???

It's a man threatening suicide on the bridge with a gun to his head.

Breaking news on WWL:

I-10 remains closed in both directions between Williams Boulevard in Kenner and LaPlace due to a police action on the Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge.

A State Police spokeswoman says officers have closed the interstate in both directions until further notice.

Hmmmmm ???

where is this in relation to bike dump site?

Breaking news on WWL:

Hmmmmm ???

Once again, I am HOPING this is somehow relevant - to either Mickey's case or Jaren's.

I am going to spend the evening posting this message on every website that has a post or news story about Mickey, especially the ones where there are no comments. Public comments generate public interest.

Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. http://www.findmickeynow.com/

Mrs. B,
hope you do not mind as I also shared on my Facebook Status. :seeya:

Breaking news on WWL:

Hmmmmm ???

State police says a man is sitting on the bridge with a gun, threatening suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108