LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are gangs, you know it. They tag everything and their manner of dress is unmistakable. And that damn music is always blaring from their cars. Could be some nascent gangs budding, especially with the influx after Katrina. A lot of NOLA thugs also moved to Houston where the crime rate shot way up.

I don't think that the possibility of these attacks and Mickey's disappearance can be dismissed.It may be unlikely because those dirtbags don't usually abduct, but they are violent criminals and may do anything they think they can get away with.

I know searchers have been diligent but what if they didn't abduct her for long. What if she is still in that area hidden off the street after they robbed her of her bike, and belongings and fatally harmed her. :( The old abandoned hospital area seems vast for that type of hidden activity. How much of it was searched? Who searched it exactly, and was it searched more than once?

My opinions only, no facts here:

I have found no other pics, except the 3 you link on your posts, that I can do anything with when it comes to enhancement. How far down the road beyond the gas station would you reckon that MS could have been abducted?

In the bike photo, the front wheel looks to be about 10 degrees left of the rear wheel-travel direction. This suggests a leisurely speed and no sense of impending danger. Based upon activity in the gas station, the white truck has traveled in the same direction and fairly closely behind MS. I cannot distinguish any significant difference the the mph of the two white truck photos (traveling in different directions a short time apart) in front of the gas station.

The Z71 logo may be visible on the earlier white truck pic (a slight reddish coloration and horizontal pixels), but I cannot make out a similar effect on the white truck that was later? traveling the opposite direction of MS. But to me, both trucks still look approximately the same.

I thought I would be ready to post my updated images yesterday. But I am still working on them.

A.C.I., I believe, has scoured along St Landry, past that last shot of Mickey, trying to find any more video of her. He hasn't uncovered any, as far I know. There's no way to know how far she got or what streets she may have taken.

When you say "bike photo", do you mean on Versaille?

The car is too far down Versailles, imo, to be using the ATM. Yes, I know what you mean about those streets. I've ridden them all in daylight, many many times and know them and the Saints Streets area like the back of my hand. I would never consider riding them at night, alone, now or back when I used to ride that area.

If you look at the poles and compare IRL the car is not as far down as it appears. I can see what looks like lights behind MS up the street but another night poc shows that to be streetlights reflection. It would also seem like the LPD would have checked the ATM transactions at the bank. It has a locked lobby and your ATM opens the door so you may need to be a customer to use that ATM.

You know, I have heard for years and years that the cops won't go alone into The Block area but it's never changed. There are boarded up houses, overgrown yards, a general feel of slovenliness and hopelessness there but it thrives, riddled with crime then and now.

This whole thing with the PD that's simmering close to a boil now with these suits and now a countersuit exacerbates the whole thing and I believe is in some way responsible for the silence from LE on the MS case.

When the pics of the car came out I spent several days doing surveillance deep in the heart of the northside and searching around back there and I will say....that place is no joke. Cops rarely patrol there because they know how bad it is as well. More than a few times my car was surrounded while looking around back there where they just measure you up and stare you down. Many of the streets are very narrow and secluded with houses piled one on top of the other. People are typically creeping around in every nook and cranny. Its the only place I go where I literally keep my gun in my hand, safety off and ready to go. Its like the MacArthur Park of lafayette...if not worse because of its layout.

Another concern of mine is the locals ...the kids that may have a propensity to be troublemakers but keep it to a certain level. With the influx of the hardcore gang types from NO right into the high schools, I think some of these local kids found that crap right down their alley and emulated them. The effect on Lafayette has been wide ranging and long lasting, I'm afraid. We'll never be the town we were before Katrina and that saddens me.

That is sad and sickening. I just remember that sheriff who wouldn't let the people from NO cross over the bridge into the next town. At the time, I thought it was terrible but I understand now.

No way to know. But that vehicle behind her really bothers me.

I'm not convinced it's a vehicle.

If she was followed, from there to St Landry and University, you'd think she would have caught on and she would have pulled into Circle K.

When the pics of the car came out I spent several days doing surveillance deep in the heart of the northside and searching around back there and I will say....that place is no joke. Cops rarely patrol there because they know how bad it is as well. More than a few times my car was surrounded while looking around back there where they just measure you up and stare you down. Many of the streets are very narrow and secluded with houses piled one on top of the other. People are typically creeping around in every nook and cranny. Its the only place I go where I literally keep my gun in my hand, safety off and ready to go. Its like the MacArthur Park of lafayette...if not worse because of its layout.

Much too close to BW's and her path home for my liking. Especially if they can see flashing bike lights at 2.am. on Parkside, from the hood of their cars. Not liking that at all.

I know searchers have been diligent but what if they didn't abduct her for long. What if she is still in that area hidden off the street after they robbed her of her bike, and belongings and fatally harmed her. :( The old abandoned hospital area seems vast for that type of hidden activity. How much of it was searched? Who searched it exactly, and was it searched more than once?

Someone here said it was thoroughly searched. I wonder, though. That whole area and a mile radius should have been gone over with packs of bloodhounds.

Watch your back, A.C.I. My ex was a PI in Los Angeles. I know what you're doing is dangerous. In some circumstances, a partner is a good thing to have.

If there are gangs, you know it. They tag everything and their manner of dress is unmistakable. And that damn music is always blaring from their cars. Could be some nascent gangs budding, especially with the influx after Katrina. A lot of NOLA thugs also moved to Houston where the crime rate shot way up.

I don't think that the possibility of these attacks and Mickey's disappearance can be dismissed.It may be unlikely because those dirtbags don't usually abduct, but they are violent criminals and may do anything they think they can get away with.

They don't ususlly abduct but it kinda reminds me of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom in the knoxvile TN case. It supposedly started out as a car jacking ONlY for the SUV but ended up the most heineous
crime imaginable. I don't think I will wver forget what happened to them or forgive what was done to them. JMO

I see we've circled back again to being in complete denial that Lafayette had any crime before Katrina. The areas we're talking about have always been rough - what idyllic vision is causing people to think otherwise?!

I see we've circled back again to being in complete denial that Lafayette had any crime before Katrina. The areas we're talking about have always been rough - what idyllic vision is causing people to think otherwise?!

OMG. Thank you.

I said this many threads ago that this town seems to be in love with a version of itself that never existed. Not to mention, people circling neighborhoods wondering why people are staring at them...

It's this whole mindset that makes me hate this town.

I don't know why she would have faked using the phone; why not actually call BW or someone if she felt scared, or better yet, 911?

i much agree with you, but i must admit that i have used the "fake phone conversation" more than once because i thought i was being pursued buy a stranger in public when i was alone. i did it because i wasnt really sure, but something was causing me to feel that i was... i didnt have any reason to call police and tell them that i "felt" followed... kwim?

OMG. Thank you.

I said this many threads ago that this town seems to be in love with a version of itself that never existed. Not to mention, people circling neighborhoods wondering why people are staring at them...

It's this whole mindset that makes me hate this town.

There are exaggerations on both sides of this argument. But I think the idea is that Lafayette was better before Katrina.....and it was. Much lower population and less crime, period. Saying this incident wouldnt haven't occurred before Katrina however is a foolish notion as well as blaming it on the people who moved here. **** like this happened then and it happens now. But the point is it happened, and arguing about crime rates doesnt matter. What matters is solving the case. Thats all.

Hi all, this is my first post. Forgive me if this information has already been covered, but my question regarding Mickey is:

it has been said that she received a phone call while at her friends house (the last place she was seen). Has it been said who the phone call was from, and was she heading home, or to this said friends house? what I understood from the information given, she was with her friend she ate with, then went to his house, and then received a phone call and left right after that on her bike. Sorry if it's been said already.

Thanks!

:welcome:

There are exaggerations on both sides of this argument. But I think the idea is that Lafayette was better before Katrina.....and it was. Much lower population and less crime, period. Saying this incident wouldnt haven't occurred before Katrina however is a foolish notion as well as blaming it on the people who moved here. **** like this happened then and it happens now. But the point is it happened, and arguing about crime rates doesnt matter. What matters is solving the case. Thats all.

Yes, A.C.E., as history has shown, it doesn't matter if your in a small sleepy town or a large metropolitan city, abductions can happen anywhere USA.

With each passing day since Mickey Schunick's abduction, the odds of her coming home safely or solving her case diminish. There will be many positive affects from this tragedy, to insure that this doesn't happen to others. There are too many to list.
After the Holly Bobo abduction in Darden, TN 04/13/2011, which was described as the TN community's 09/11/2001, many positive changes have occurred. This is only one:

Haslam Signs Legislation to Combat TN's 'Toughest Safety Challenges'
http://missouri-news.org/midwest-ne...o-combat-tns-toughest-safety-challenges/17639

Haslam Signs Legislation to Combat TN's 'Toughest Safety Challenges' ... The public safety action plan was created by the Governor's Public ...

Is Congress the N/S divider in Lafayette?

In one of the articles about the LPD lawsuit, it talked about the north side being high crime and how the city was trying to whitewash that and actually trying to re-brand it as "North Lafayette". I'm assuming this is the ghetto?

"Upper Lafayette". Thank you very much;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne