LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me I can't remember what case it was, but I was watching a show where they needed to match some DNA and they knew the guy was a felon. It turned out that his DNA was not in the system yet but on a shelf along with 30,000 other DNA profiles waiting to be entered into the system.

30,000? and that would be out of one geographical area. :waitasec:

* 30,000 from one geographical area..

* Many labs are laying off & cutting back due to budget cuts in many States across the US

* Many violent felons & SOs, if not most, are Recidivist and are responsible for many violent crimes

* How many victims of violent crimes could be saved/prevented & LE Investigation manpower hours saved if these DNA profiles were entered into FBI CODIS in a timely manner?

The other day someone suggested that people from NO may have come to Artmosphere to listen to the band, popular from NO, on the night of May 18. The two suspects in Jaren's case could have definitely been there that night. LE has video too so they'd better check it out. The band has video too - not sure if LE kept it or returned it to them.

Duuuuh...finally I see I was looking from the wrong angle?! I thought I was loosing my grip from the lack of anything useful!?!? I thought she was walking, not standing with her bike. Damn but I feel silly?!?!

Not silly. The bike is definitely at an angle. You can tell by the light if you compare it to other pics. I cannot tell if she is sitting, riding or walking but it is at an angle for whatever reason.

It's funny that silly me went and found Mickeys thread #2 to find your post instead of going to Jaren's #2 thread .....

so I was clarifying "In the Jaren Lockhart threads." so no one repeated my mistake.

Oh thanks for explaining. I've been very sensitive lately and I'm not sure why that is - I hate it though because I guess I misunderstand a lot and conclude the worst. sorry.

p.s. I think I'm actually depressed from Mickey's case and Kelli's case because there doesn't seem to be any answers. I can't step away for some reason.

In my view, the only thing that several of these cases have in common is the lack of info coming from LE. Paige, Katelyn, Holly, Lauren, Mickey, etc...all went missing under different sets of circumstances and at random times on random days. This would have to be one Johnny-on-the-spot serial killer to be in the right place at the right time in so many cases. JMO

It makes me wonder sometimes if all these girls have large social media profiles and the profiles are open and not private. What I'm saying is could someone track these girls online that way and learn their habits, schools, schedules, maybe parents names to learn exactly where they live? I don't know, it seems far fetched, but I believe it could be done by someone who put a lot of time into researching info. Someone can pay different websites for peoples info right? Just a thought I keep having and JMO

Do you mean you read my post? What's funny as I didn't post anything that was meant to be funny.

Oh good grief. You told them where you posted your theory, and they went to thread 2 of Mickey's instead of Jaren's. They were laughing at themselves.

Not silly. The bike is definitely at an angle. You can tell by the light if you compare it to other pics. I cannot tell if she is sitting, riding or walking but it is at an angle for whatever reason.
Mil gracias...is this the one where some posters think she's reaching up or talking on a phone or to someone? Have you techs out there played with that image to see more? Must have missed it!?!?

Oh thanks for explaining. I've been very sensitive lately and I'm not sure why that is - I hate it though because I guess I misunderstand a lot and conclude the worst. sorry.

p.s. I think I'm actually depressed from Mickey's case and Kelli's case because there doesn't seem to be any answers. I can't step away for some reason.
So very very true & so very very sad! We perk up when chicken or ACI post from their on-the-ground positions..

Duuuuh...finally I see I was looking from the wrong angle?! I thought I was loosing my grip from the lack of anything useful!?!? I thought she was walking, not standing with her bike. Damn but I feel silly?!?!

I am one of the WS'ers who does not look for anything in the pictures. BUT - in this one, everyone keeps talking about someone standing by the car. To me, it looks like a black man laying across the trunk of the car. LOL I have really tried to see what everyone else sees, but I just don't!

We need your help ASAP with another missing girl.

KlaasKids Search Team is in Alabama looking for Brittany Wood, 19.

We have about 20 minutes left tonight to call Subway and order sandwiches for the seachers tomorrow.

Please click on this link and go to post 21 for more information.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175623"]SPOTLIGHT CASE HELP! Brittney Wood Search in AL. We Need Everyone. Especially People who are Local - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

* 30,000 from one geographical area..

* Many labs are laying off & cutting back due to budget cuts in many States across the US

* Many violent felons & SOs, if not most, are Recidivist and are responsible for many violent crimes

* How many victims of violent crimes could be saved/prevented & LE Investigation manpower hours saved if these DNA profiles were entered into FBI CODIS in a timely manner?

if your figures are accurate (and i am NOT questioning them) - i don't understand why LE doesn't look for some free help to get this stuff up to date. for obvious reasons, they (LE) may not wish to use "regular" citizens off the street - but why not make use of all of the criminal justice and/or law students, who need internships? even people who volunteer their time at the different universities for various innocence projects? for that matter, homeland security offers many different grants to small (and large) towns - why not divert some of those monies? it seems to be a pretty vital project, at least to me.

Q: As technology is integrated into DNA processes, what can we expect from CODIS in the future?

Hares: We have seen that as the number of DNA profiles in CODIS increases, the system helps solve more crimes. Now we are aiding more investigations in a single year than we did in the first five years of the system’s existence. It’s all due to the size of the database—increasing the number of authorized profiles for the state and national databases results in additional DNA profiles that could be linked to unsolved crimes. Since the creation of CODIS, we have aided over 152,000 investigations—that’s an impressive number of crimes that may not have been solved by any other method. The statistics speak for themselves. As we continue to add more profiles, the potential to solve more crimes—and also to rule out suspects who are innocent—continues to increase.
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/dna_112811

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/dna_112311

The FBI and DNA
Part 1: A Look at the Nationwide System that Helps Solve Crimes

11/23/11

The use of DNA—which carries individuals’ unique genetic information—to help solve crimes has become such a fundamental tool for law enforcement that it’s hard to believe this technique of matching unknown profiles to known offenders is a fairly recent phenomenon.

* The FBI launched the National DNA Index System (NDIS) in 1998

Yeah like a serial killer?

:silenced:

Serial killer is always the first thing to cross my mind in abduction cases (excluding parental). I remember when a serial killer was a really big deal and consumed the NATIONAL news (Zodiac, Ted Bundy) but there are so many, now, they barely make the local news. What's wrong with this picture?! There's something fundamentally wrong with a society that has this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108