LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a serial killer roaming around the country know about WB? Unless he is from that area. Didn't someone on here say another serial killer put bodies there or something? Maybe this guy reads up on other killers and knows about these places?

It's right off I-10.

Same guy, unless this is the father or uncle. On that page at the top, you'll see "Prison Christian Ministries" advertised. Makes me think this guy is a real hardcore con artist and turned into a jailhouse "counselor."

The 1st link to this is not working. Would you please explain what was meant? Does this refer to MS or JL? Thanks!

Which means what in non-understood tech talk?

Paragraphs or at least some separation between sentences what I'm thinking.

Before pointing fingers please understand I have been searching since day 1, very involved myself as I'm sure others have been also. So when I questioned the thread getting off subject it was simply with the best of intentions to keep the focus on Mickey and not on the subject of "Lafayette being unsafe" so with that being said, if you are trying to insinuate that I personally am just talking on a forum in hopes of finding Mickey; with all do respect, let me assure you that I have done more physically than on this forum in hopes of cracking this case and will continue until her family has justice.

I wasn't insinuating anything and that's great you've been searching. My comment was only a response to your remark about the conversation here. No offense meant.

It's right off I-10.

The 1st link to this is not working. Would you please explain what was meant? Does this refer to MS or JL? Thanks!

Paragraphs or at least some separation between sentences what I'm thinking.

bbm. That's in reference to the male POI in JL's case.

Mil gracias...is this the one where some posters think she's reaching up or talking on a phone or to someone? Have you techs out there played with that image to see more? Must have missed it!?!?

It's difficult to make out much of anything in the pics, especially if you are just looking at the pic in the thread. I use software to view the images in a larger format with a variety of different contrasts, etc, and some things are clearer than others. It's my opinion that her arm is up because I can see her bent elbow and there is no arm or hand on the handle bars. Unless you use software you may not have the ability to see it. Other pics, such as the truck, are much more difficult to decipher. At times I see something so clear and the next minute nothing but a blur.

I have focused so much on the pics because it is the only factual evidence we have to work on.

Just saw we have another missing young woman from the Crowley area, Christina Spence. Going to see if she has a thread or one can be created for her.

if your figures are accurate (and i am NOT questioning them) - i don't understand why LE doesn't look for some free help to get this stuff up to date. for obvious reasons, they (LE) may not wish to use "regular" citizens off the street - but why not make use of all of the criminal justice and/or law students, who need internships? even people who volunteer their time at the different universities for various innocence projects? for that matter, homeland security offers many different grants to small (and large) towns - why not divert some of those monies? it seems to be a pretty vital project, at least to me.

news247, many LEAs do outsource much of their forensic lab testing to University of North Texas:
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/departments/pathology_anatomy/dna/Forensics/Initiative/Initiative.cfm

http://www.kplctv.com/story/16413078/huntsville-forensic-lab-could-close-due-to-budget-cuts

Huntsville, LA forensic lab could close due to budget cuts

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 4:05 PM EST Updated: Jan 26, 2012 4:55 PM EST

By Nick Lough -
The Huntsville Forensics Lab is worried more budget cuts could close the lab forever

Has anyone ever posted pics while driving MS route during the day to give others a better understanding of the area? Not just looking on a map?

A user named BayouBecky posted not pictures, but videos of the entire presumed route. It's on one of the first few threads. Perhaps someone here can link to it, or you could try finding Becky via the Members List and search her old posts.

ETA: Check first post on this thread for a consolidated listing of relevant links, including the aforementioned videos.

I am not saying he is wrong for sure...but he has been stirring the serial killer pot for months now...it gets people worked up in a number of cases here from time to time...JMO

His site was one of the first I noticed after Mickey's disappearance. I will give him that he is right that the girls fit into a physical profile and some of the circumstances regarding their disappearances seem similar. However, it could be said that many, many girls that age who are blonde and petite engage in similar behavior everyday without being attacked. It could all be coincidence. And, we don't have enough info on the cases to announce a solid link. It would take more than the girls looking alike. JMO

Charlie posted a pic of her on FB, and as far as I can see the media hasn't picked it up yet. I shared it on my wall and a friend of mine says there was something on BIA but my FB is now actin' the donkey and I can't go to anything or anyone's page. So, I don't have a link. But I am working on it.

I'm not too fond of the serial killer angle. Although it would make sense, considering the quick presence of the FBI. What do we know about the scenario?

Mickey was in BikeLafayette and she was an avid cyclist.

Every Friday members of BikeLafayette ride around the downtown area, going to restaurants or bars, especially Artmosphere.

Mickey consistently rode her bike home, by herself, from BW's house.

Her patterns, IMO, all point to someone local, who was familiar with Mickey's tendencies. Maybe it was someone who was at Artmosphere that night, or someone who knew, like me, that cute girls in BikeLafayette would be riding their bikes around town that Friday. I became accustomed to seeing cyclists pass by my house every Friday. This leads me to believe that the perp is someone younger, who is familiar with the Nightlife here in Lafayette.

Good theory. I'd like to suggest something, though: If a perp abducted Mickey, that perp is deranged. Anyone who kidnaps is deranged, period. So, if said perp would do it to Mickey, my thinking is that they have either done it before or they'll do it again. If she's their first, no way she'll be their last, unless they're caught. That pretty much adds up to serial killer, to me - either with a string of crimes behind them or in their future. I just see how something this demented could be a one off.

A user named Becky_ posted not pictures, but videos of the entire presumed route. It's on one of the first few threads. Perhaps someone here can link to it, or you could try finding Becky via the Members List and search her old posts.

The video is on the first post of this thread. BayouBecky's video.

Just seen this show on the ID channel. I believe the state was either Washington or Oregon??

Just saw we have another missing young woman from the Crowley area, Christina Spence. Going to see if she has a thread or one can be created for her.

I can't find anything on her other than that she works/worked at Cox Media in Lafayette and that a friend heard that she was missing. Anything?

A user named BayouBecky posted not pictures, but videos of the entire presumed route. It's on one of the first few threads. Perhaps someone here can link to it, or you could try finding Becky via the Members List and search her old posts.

ETA: Check first post on this thread for a consolidated listing of relevant links, including the aforementioned videos.
Didn't she go with Shelly on that route?. I still want to see the route that Taste of Honey used. I thought parts of the Saints street neighborhood looked re-fashioned, while others were a bit run-down, but maybe an architectural historian could explain regional differences in building structures over decades. I think older southern neighborhoods tend to perplex people from other parts of the country. We use a lot of wood, not much stone, but I'm sure all that info is in some work somewhere. Is that my way of saying it would look worse to someone from another area, but somewhat 'shabby chic' charming for some of us? Me? And, lastly, university neighborhoods sometimes have cheaper housing surrounding them. Look at UNO, Tulane, Loyola, etc

Where is ACI tonight? Suppose he's out watching one of his POIs. Hope it comes to something....

Call for theories!

After lawlyworm got us started (see above) it's a good idea on threads which have become "stuck" for posters to explain their scenarios about what they think has happened to Mickey.

I'd start but I have no idea. Other than maybe there's something missing in the earliest accounts. But that's just a hunch. No idea what.

I'm way behind in this thread, trying to catch up, so maybe this response will be an echo of somebody else -- if so, I apologize.

Just wanted to say that, with all the mum's-the-word thing going on with LE, sometimes it crosses my mind that this could be a hostage/ransom situation. I don't really think it's very likely, but then...I'm starting to wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne